LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 340 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

Really depends how much our new ownership is ready to spend. If they plan on approaching the salary cap, which is the hope, amnestying Salmons makes sense. You pay him but get his $8 mill off the cap.

His expiring deal is probably only useful if we try to acquire a big piece either in trade or sign-and-trade.

I don't want to amnesty Thornton. Doesn't make sense to pay him to leave, but that's just me. He and Malone have history -- I think he can carve out a valuable role. Still our best perimeter scorer by far. We'll see though -- wouldn't be surprised to see a major roster shakeup.
Also, if all things stay as is, Evans gets a deal at $10 million per season and we sign the #7 pick, we're looking at about $4 million of cap space. Amnesty Salmons and that's enough for a serious piece. I think these owners are willing to spend.
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Also, if all things stay as is, Evans gets a deal at $10 million per season and we sign the #7 pick, we're looking at about $4 million of cap space. Amnesty Salmons and that's enough for a serious piece. I think these owners are willing to spend.

Is Evans getting only 10 million a year.
Interested to see how you guys do. If Malone can control Cousins and put Evans back on track, this team could surprise people.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Only?
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Just an estimate.

Other guys in his draft class who signed extensions are...
DeMar Derozan - 4 years, $38 mill
Steph Curry - 4 years, $44 mill
with PDA's ties to Denver, I will cream everywhere if he makes a trade for SF Wilson Chandler. It would probably take the #7 pick and Chuck Hayes and maybe Jimmer. But we we finally have a good SF (who's young,26) plays good defense, is a vet, and isnt a score first mentality player, (which we have too many off btw).

Bring Tyreke, then amnesty Salmons, and maybe resign Toney Douglas and Cole. (Who i thought both provided a nice spark off the bench). And sign a backup SF.

Starting Lineup:

Isiah_____Tyreke_____Chandler_____Patterson_____Cousins

Douglas______Thornton_____VET FA_____JT_____Cole
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
with PDA's ties to Denver, I will cream everywhere if he makes a trade for SF Wilson Chandler. It would probably take the #7 pick and Chuck Hayes and maybe Jimmer. But we we finally have a good SF (who's young,26) plays good defense, is a vet, and isnt a score first mentality player, (which we have too many off btw).

Bring Tyreke, then amnesty Salmons, and maybe resign Toney Douglas and Cole. (Who i thought both provided a nice spark off the bench). And sign a backup SF.

Starting Lineup:

Isiah_____Tyreke_____Chandler_____Patterson_____Cousins

Douglas______Thornton_____VET FA_____JT_____Cole

I don't think it would take the #7 to get Chandler. I do think he'd fit quite nicely with our obvious hole at the 3. I wouldn't give up a #7 for him though and I don't think we'd need to either.
Chandler is better than any person we could get at 7 and would fill our huge hole at SF. I would do that in a heartbeat.
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Chandler is better than any person we could get at 7 and would fill our huge hole at SF. I would do that in a heartbeat.

That's a tough one for me... Chandler is a decent starting SF, and would fill a hole, but 7 is a pretty high pick for him. Considering this draft is really weak I guess that makes sense.

• MuggD
  • Veteran
I asked Carmichael Dave on Twitter if he thought the new ownership would like a local sports show in the morning. He replied - Yes.

I love Don Geronimo (I really do. I've listened to him for nearly 20 years now) but since the Rise Guys left there has been a local sports void. My hope would be that Don goes back to mid day and we get a Rise Guys like show back in the AM.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
The Kings are sending out a crapload of stuff via FedEx today. Envelopes.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by marshniners24:

That's a tough one for me... Chandler is a decent starting SF, and would fill a hole, but 7 is a pretty high pick for him. Considering this draft is really weak I guess that makes sense.

I have watched extensive play of him. He is a B+ player. He plays good defense and moves around the floor well and can really rebound, shoot, and looks often to pass.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Muggins:
The Kings are sending out a crapload of stuff via FedEx today. Envelopes.

Turns out the letters were to Season Ticket holders from last year that have chosen not to renew.
Originally posted by Muggins:
I asked Carmichael Dave on Twitter if he thought the new ownership would like a local sports show in the morning. He replied - Yes.

I love Don Geronimo (I really do. I've listened to him for nearly 20 years now) but since the Rise Guys left there has been a local sports void. My hope would be that Don goes back to mid day and we get a Rise Guys like show back in the AM.

the same Rise Guys that are on 95.7 the game? they used to be in sac?
or is that just a coincidence on the name? lol
Share 49ersWebzone