There are 153 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

Originally posted by Muggins:
Dude seems pretty nervous. Seems like a good dude tho.

very smart looking guy
Malone really has a great personality (from watching that conference)
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Wow, yeah I'm happy with this new foundation moving forward. I'm pumped.

lol it's Pete D'Alessandro's B-Day and Vivek had a cake brought out for him and and sang him Happy Birthday.

lol it's Pete D'Alessandro's B-Day and Vivek had a cake brought out for him and and sang him Happy Birthday.

this new 3 headed foundation, just has really a fresh/fun but also smart/hard working feel to it. (very pleased)
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

this new 3 headed foundation, just has really a fresh/fun but also smart/hard working feel to it. (very pleased)

Yep, feels great. Pete (we need to get him a nickname because I'm not spelling that last name all the time) D'Alessandro said it up there, "the culture has already changed. It changed when Vivek took over from the idiot Maloofs."

He also mentioned how you can just sense we have something good brewing here already. That has to be visible to Players in the League too.. FA's are going to want to come here I think. Maybe not right away but when we really start to get things cooking in a few years.
I'm going with PDA for Pete D'Alessandro.

Couldn't be more happy with our coach/GM combo. Bringing in fresh, young up-and-comers just fits our team so much better than a Jerry Sloan/Chris Wallace combo, or something like that.

Clean slate. Fresh start. Moving forward. Exciting.
Just checked out salaries on hoopshype.com. Good news is that losers like James Johnson are gone. He has a qualifying offer that the team will not pursue. We're stuck with guys like Salmons, Hayes and Outlaw for the year. The thing that shocked me was Thornton. I know most Kings fans like him and I'm in the minority. Dude is getting paid over 8 mill a year for the next two and people are asking of Evans is worth offering the qualifying. Its a joke. Thornton is a hot/cold one dimensional guy. He only cares about scoring and he was pissed that he wasn't starting. Like he deserved it. He doesn't. I would love if he was amnestied, but I don't think that will happen. That was a horrible, rushed extension. I will be PISSED if they don't try to keep Reke. A 23 year old, who hasn't came close to his potential largely due to coaching, and a kid that never gets in trouble. He has always supported the city.
He seems awesome! That 3 headed monster though!
Originally posted by SacRock14:
I'm going with PDA for Pete D'Alessandro.

Couldn't be more happy with our coach/GM combo. Bringing in fresh, young up-and-comers just fits our team so much better than a Jerry Sloan/Chris Wallace combo, or something like that.

Clean slate. Fresh start. Moving forward. Exciting.

Yup. A lot of fans are trashing the offer to Mullin as a consultant, but that is unfounded IMO. He made some bad moves in GS, but every GM has. He also made some good moves and was responsible for the "we believe" team. I think Vivek & Co. deserve a couple of years before we bash anything they do. They are starting with absolutely nothing basically. From the ground up.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:
Just checked out salaries on hoopshype.com. Good news is that losers like James Johnson are gone. He has a qualifying offer that the team will not pursue. We're stuck with guys like Salmons, Hayes and Outlaw for the year. The thing that shocked me was Thornton. I know most Kings fans like him and I'm in the minority. Dude is getting paid over 8 mill a year for the next two and people are asking of Evans is worth offering the qualifying. Its a joke. Thornton is a hot/cold one dimensional guy. He only cares about scoring and he was pissed that he wasn't starting. Like he deserved it. He doesn't. I would love if he was amnestied, but I don't think that will happen. That was a horrible, rushed extension. I will be PISSED if they don't try to keep Reke. A 23 year old, who hasn't came close to his potential largely due to coaching, and a kid that never gets in trouble. He has always supported the city.

I agree with you on Thornton. He lights it up sometimes but that's about it. Some random flashes in the pan. We need steady production.

Also agree that we need to keep Reke and see how he does under the new regime. Remember when Reke got arrested for driving like a maniac through Sacramento? lol just wanted to throw that in. I think he was also slightly involved in a drive-by shooting or something back in the day.

I agree with you on Thornton. He lights it up sometimes but that's about it. Some random flashes in the pan. We need steady production.

Also agree that we need to keep Reke and see how he does under the new regime. Remember when Reke got arrested for driving like a maniac through Sacramento? lol just wanted to throw that in. I think he was also slightly involved in a drive-by shooting or something back in the day.

Oh yeah... I forgot about the driving incident. That was dumb, but I think he was about 20 or 21 at the time. If that is the worst he has done, I'll take it. I think the drive by happened when he was a kid back home. You got to be careful who you hang around with. Thankfully, he has a strong family structure with his brothers who have kept him in line for the most part. He has kept his nose cleaned and has always said the right things when it comes to the team and city.

The biggest thing is how much better he can still become. It'll be really interesting to see how other teams value him. His value is a huge question mark. I think the Kigns have to offer him the qualifying offer and make him restricted. See what other offers he will get. Can you imagine how pissed we will be if he goes somewhere else and tears it up, haha.
Amnesty salmons
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Amnesty salmons

He has an expiring contract though... I believe you can only amnesty one player for the duration of this CBA. Maybe we just keep him for the year and bit the bullet. Thornton is getting paid substantially more and has two years left. No other team in the NBA will give him 8+ million per year.
Amnesty salmons

He has an expiring contract though... I believe you can only amnesty one player for the duration of this CBA. Maybe we just keep him for the year and bit the bullet. Thornton is getting paid substantially more and has two years left. No other team in the NBA will give him 8+ million per year.

but Salmons is old and if we didnt have him, he would be forced to upgrade the 3. I take Thornton over Salmons any day
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Amnesty salmons

but Salmons is old and if we didnt have him, he would be forced to upgrade the 3. I take Thornton over Salmons any day

Maybe we can trade him for a 2035 conditional 2nd round pick.
Share 49ersWebzone