There are 207 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo8m
Kings GM D'Alessandro, coach Malone & @Vivek close friend & ex-NBA player Junior Bridgeman visited DeMarcus Cousins in Mobile, Ala., on Wed.

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo5m
While a contract extension solidifies it, Kings GM Pete D'Alessandro told Y! Sports he is confident in DeMarcus Cousins as face of franchise

Wow... He'll be getting a max soon.
Originally posted by sacniner:

he should get one

he should get one

Definitely. Hope we give it to him because any other team would love to.
Damn dudes...I am a little disappointed. I thought reke might leave, but we boned that up, withdrew a contract way too fast from a legit vet - Andre I ( I am ok with it but it looks bad on the organization), mid level players don't want to sign here, and we can't land someone cereal. We are supposed to be acting like a well run team now. I hope paying Cousins isn't the answer. We had reke and cousins before and couldn't win. Cousins is super talented but a punk.

I dunno, nervous. Someone make me feel better about this.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Damn dudes...I am a little disappointed. I thought reke might leave, but we boned that up, withdrew a contract way too fast from a legit vet - Andre I ( I am ok with it but it looks bad on the organization), mid level players don't want to sign here, and we can't land someone cereal. We are supposed to be acting like a well run team now. I hope paying Cousins isn't the answer. We had reke and cousins before and couldn't win. Cousins is super talented but a punk.

I think McLemore will be WAY WAY better than Evans. I liked Evans and all and think we could've gotten more for him but oh well. This will be a well run team but it's gonna take a while to get rolling. Cousins is the only player that would start for the majority of teams. Evans would for some of the teams but at what position? He's not the PG this team needs and McLemore needs to start at SG from day one.
Expect bumps in the road for a while but I'm confident that we will see much improvement this season.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:
I think McLemore will be WAY WAY better than Evans. I liked Evans and all and think we could've gotten more for him but oh well. This will be a well run team but it's gonna take a while to get rolling. Cousins is the only player that would start for the majority of teams. Evans would for some of the teams but at what position? He's not the PG this team needs and McLemore needs to start at SG from day one.
Expect bumps in the road for a while but I'm confident that we will see much improvement this season.

I think we will be better this coming season as well. I see a lot of posts referencing how bad we are going to be.. we are not going to be awesome, not at this point anyway but just the fact that Arco is going to be packed and a whole new energy in there on a nightly basis, like old days, is going to add at least 5-10 more wins imo.
Originally posted by Muggins:

I think we will be better this coming season as well. I see a lot of posts referencing how bad we are going to be.. we are not going to be awesome, not at this point anyway but just the fact that Arco is going to be packed and a whole new energy in there on a nightly basis, like old days, is going to add at least 5-10 more wins imo.

Yep and I'm also confident that we'll see a lot of maturation from Cousins and McLemore will be in the discussion for ROY.
Originally posted by Muggins:

Yep and I'm also confident that we'll see a lot of maturation from Cousins and McLemore will be in the discussion for ROY.

I agree McLemore will be there for ROY. We needed one more player. I was happy when I thought it was reke and McKemore wth Cousins.
i cant wait for Vasquez! now we need a SF!
Originally posted by TTown9ers:
I think this move is terrible. We traded the best player on the team for an average PG and cap space. Cap space that has shown to be worthless to a team like the Kings the last few years.

DMC is the best player on your team lol

This lets Mclemore take over at SG, you guys get a good pass first PG that you guys really need, especially for McLemore to be successful, and a decent back up center.You guys don't need Tyreke now that you have Mclemore

Addition by subtraction.

But Evans still has so much potential. Smh

Patience... these guys have had the team for a couple of months only. I know our job as fans is supposed to be reactionary, but I think we have to give this time. After we improve the younger guys and we start getting a lot better FAs will start to come. Also, after we get the new arena it will just improve the team's image. These guys are starting from scratch. They took over a s**tty team with some bad contracts.

Patience... these guys have had the team for a couple of months only. I know our job as fans is supposed to be reactionary, but I think we have to give this time. After we improve the younger guys and we start getting a lot better FAs will start to come. Also, after we get the new arena it will just improve the team's image. These guys are starting from scratch. They took over a s**tty team with some bad contracts.

yeah exactly relax guys, PDA has had the team for like 2-3 weeks. Overpaying for Tyreke wasn't an option, and 14 mill for Andre is too much also. But i appreciate them trying to pursue some quality players like Iggy & Calderon.
So guys prepare for us to try to deal Jimmer.

He just doesn't fit in the back-court we have stacked now.

If we do deal him, we could get a SF in return. A guy like the Wizard's SF Chris Singleton would be nice.

PG: Vasquez Isiah Ray

SG: Mclemore Thornton
some info on Greivis since I've probably watched him more often than most of you

Offensively he should be able to come right in and be what you want him to be. He's made the transition from being "the man" at Maryland to becoming a true NBA point guard and he is always looking to get others involved. He's a natural leader. He has an immense amount of confidence and every now and then can still take a game over during short periods. He is an improved shooter and I think he can be even better. He can play the 2 in a pinch.

His shortcomings are on the defensive side of the ball. While his good frame (6'6", 211lbs) allows him to match up well with tall PG's, rebound well (4.3 last season), and even play decent post D, he isn't the fastest defender and REALLY struggles against quicker PG's (Parker-like, everyone struggles against Parker though). Has had difficulty defending the P&R. Doesn't get you a lot of steals. He is an overall tenacious player though, so you'll never get a lack of effort.

Tremendous competitor who is constantly looking to get better. I don't know much about your team or how he fits but it seems most people agree he'll be a good fit. He is best suited as a #3 option on offense IMO where he can focus on being the PG without having the burden to be a scorer and just be able to contribute offensively as needed with the occasional take-over.
I hope were targeting Corey Brewer. Plays solid defense and can fill in at the 3 until 2014
Share 49ersWebzone