1) reke
2)mclemore
3)patterson
4)thompson
5)cousins

??

Barf

Its too early. They'll be more changes.

Reality is we aren't going to be that good this year. This season will not be judged only on wins and losses, if you do, you'll be sorely disappointed. This season is about development from the young guys, the coach implementing his philosophy and teaching defense.

We need another high pick in next draft and then sprinkle in a good FA or two. Be patient. At least we got our team and a real front office. Things will get a lot better cause they can't get worse.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by ilikecows699:
1) reke
2)mclemore
3)patterson
4)thompson
5)cousins

??
You win 13 games with that lineup

Lol!
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by valrod33:
1) reke
2)mclemore
3)patterson
4)thompson
5)cousins

??
You win 13 games with that lineup

Lol!
young teaam we gonna be good tho

We'll be good soon.

I'm all for tanking this year and getting our superstar next draft

We'll be good soon.

fureal ill take randle/wiggins/parker next year

but we are in dieerrr need for a pf

We'll be good soon.

Jason Thompson is a very good PF. He's no superstar but he's a solid starter and most teams would be very happy to have him.

Lol, I dont know how, but somehow I understand everything you type. Fureal.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Jason Thompson is a very good PF. He's no superstar but he's a solid starter and most teams would be very happy to have him.

LOL no.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erReign:

LOL no.

Most teams would enjoy having him on their team but coming off the bench.
Originally posted by Muggins:
Originally posted by 9erReign:

LOL no.

Most teams would enjoy having him on their team but coming off the bench.

This. He would be ideal off of the bench.

Originally posted by Muggins:
Vivek and Co Press Conference about the Draft

http://www.nba.com/kings/video/originals/

What a refreshing change in the leadership style. These guys appear to know their roles and are willing to share their insights.

The new GM seems much more open than Petrie was (not knocking Petrie, he was in a tough spot), and unafraid to share his thoughts and insights with the media. Beats the heck out of the "aw shucks" style of the prior owners, and the "play it close to the vest" style of Petrie.
1) reke
2)mclemore
3)patterson
4)thompson
5)cousins

??

Pat cant play the 3 lol, stop
So, we have six guards: IT, McCallum, Reke, Jimmer, Thornton, McLemore

Who do you guys envision will make the squad? Who do you want to make the team?

Obviously, McLemore is the no brainer. I still want Reke. At least for this year. Who knows, if he works out, maybe put him back at the point with McLemore at the 2?

I would like to keep IT as an energy PT off of the bench. Also, even though McCallum won't play much this year probably, I wouldn't mind seeing if he can develop into a good backup true PG. I've liked what I've read and heard from his so far.

The odd guys out are Thornton and Jimmer. I don't really care who we get rid of or try to get rid of. For me, I guess it would be Thornton. Because of his salary, but also because he will not be happy losing that many minutes. He was complaining about not starting last year. If Reke does stay, with McLemore getting minutes this year that really pushes Marcus to the side. Maybe both of these guys will be gone. Whatever happens, the mix up here in the offseason will be really interesting.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Pat cant play the 3 lol, stop

He played it at times and was decent. He will struggle against the more athletic 3s in the league. But, he can play it depending on the matchup.

I've always liked P-Pat. Going back to his days at Kentucky. I think he is a solid 3/4 off of the bench. I hope we find a way to keep him there.
Originally posted by sacniner:
So, we have six guards: IT, McCallum, Reke, Jimmer, Thornton, McLemore

Who do you guys envision will make the squad? Who do you want to make the team?

Obviously, McLemore is the no brainer. I still want Reke. At least for this year. Who knows, if he works out, maybe put him back at the point with McLemore at the 2?

I would like to keep IT as an energy PT off of the bench. Also, even though McCallum won't play much this year probably, I wouldn't mind seeing if he can develop into a good backup true PG. I've liked what I've read and heard from his so far.

The odd guys out are Thornton and Jimmer. I don't really care who we get rid of or try to get rid of. For me, I guess it would be Thornton. Because of his salary, but also because he will not be happy losing that many minutes. He was complaining about not starting last year. If Reke does stay, with McLemore getting minutes this year that really pushes Marcus to the side. Maybe both of these guys will be gone. Whatever happens, the mix up here in the offseason will be really interesting.

Judging by the excitement McLemore has generated from management, seems like he's the shooting guard of the present and future. I mean, maybe he doesn't start right off the bat, but soon.

So you have two trains of thought on Tyreke --

1) He re-signs and starts at PG. Mike Malone is a big defensive guy. And this is a fresh regime that maybe sees an advantage to playing him there. I think we all remember the Evans at PG era. Certainly not a pure PG and he benefited greatly from someone else to share ball-handling duties with. But defensively it was a nightly advantage. And I have seen maturation in Tyreke's game -- he gets in takeover mode from time to time, but he's willing to share the ball (see his growing chemistry with Isaiah last year, letting IT run point.) With Evans back, I think Jimmer is the odd man out. McCallum stays as a 5th guard to develop. IT/Thornton/Evans/McLemore.

2) The Kings let him walk and invest that money in a traditional PG and/or upgrades in the frontcourt. It's a lot of money to commit on an experiment of Evans at full-time PG. In this case, Thornton for sure stays, probably starts until McLemore is deemed ready. Fredette still seems to be on the outs, but has a better chance.

Such a tough call and I've wavered myself since draft night. I'm leaning toward #1 -- Reke is such a weapon, and I'd hate to lose him so early in his development. Maybe an Evans/McLemore tandem isn't conventional, but it's full of talent. You could try to complement them with a ball-handling SF who could take a little pressure off.

I don't know. Either way, I just don't see the opportunity for Jimmer to thrive here. Have no desire at all to see Isaiah leave and I'm on Thornton's side. And I also like what I'm hearing about McCallum -- worth developing.
Share 49ersWebzone