There are 194 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

Originally posted by TTown9ers:
So, they are in contract negotiations with Darren Collison. Not a good sign for IT. I hope that's the 'upgrade' all the IT haters are looking for. Ugh...

apparently Collison is a good defensive point guard in addition to his passing and offensive abilities. Thomas is a better offensive point, but Collison i think is a better overall point guard. We need a pass first point guard. We have to many "scorers" on this team, especially with the addition of Stauskas.
I like collison. He outplayed CP3 for stretches in the playoffs last year. He's aggressive on defense and is a pretty good at driving and scoring. I don't think he's a "pass first" point guard but he isn't a scoring PG like Isaiah.
Idk. I'll sit and wait to see what happens next
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I honestly haven't understood the Kings FO approach in like 7 years.

You're too smart to clump all those years together with the new regime, plus it's more like the last 10 years. And with that said I don't really know what they're doing either lol
Even if IT isn't your PGOTF, 3yrs/$16M is a hell of a deal for your Sixth Man Spark Plug off the bench.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I honestly haven't understood the Kings FO approach in like 7 years.

This is the new FO's second offseason. And last offseason was a huge transition. A lot of people are confused about the Collison signing but it makes sense. They don't want to pay IT 8 per year and Collison is a HUGE upgrade on defense. He is solid. There will be other moves to come. They have to upgrade the PF position. They'll have to figure out a way to dump some salaries.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Even if IT isn't your PGOTF, 3yrs/$16M is a hell of a deal for your Sixth Man Spark Plug off the bench.

What do you mean? IT was offered 3/24 and Collison will be the starter...
Originally posted by sacniner:

What do you mean? IT was offered 3/24 and Collison will be the starter...

Sorry, had the numbers crossed. Either way, $13.3M for your PG and 6th man would be money well spent, or at least there are worse ways to spend it. It's not like Sac is going to land a big-time FA this offseason, so might as well bolster your guard spots with a proven vet and a guy that is improving every year.
Sorry, had the numbers crossed. Either way, $13.3M for your PG and 6th man would be money well spent, or at least there are worse ways to spend it. It's not like Sac is going to land a big-time FA this offseason, so might as well bolster your guard spots with a proven vet and a guy that is improving every year.

Got you... they have to make some moves. They are into the luxury tax as of now, and yeah, even with this jumbled up roster lol.

IT is gone for sure. And it may end up being a good thing in the long run.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
apparently Collison is a good defensive point guard in addition to his passing and offensive abilities. Thomas is a better offensive point, but Collison i think is a better overall point guard. We need a pass first point guard. We have to many "scorers" on this team, especially with the addition of Stauskas.

He's not a pass first PG...

Yeah, pass first...

what does that stat mean?

how many times they took a shot when they could have had an assist?
I like the Collison move. A bit of a better fit than IT. The only thing is we need to S&T IT at the least so we don't lose him for nothing. Collison is less ball dominant than IT, so we can run the offense through Cousins more now. Also he's a better defender. If we can get someone at the 4 who can block shots or D up that'd be great.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
I like the Collison move. A bit of a better fit than IT. The only thing is we need to S&T IT at the least so we don't lose him for nothing. Collison is less ball dominant than IT, so we can run the offense through Cousins more now. Also he's a better defender. If we can get someone at the 4 who can block shots or D up that'd be great.

what does the king's salary cap look like at this point. Could they afford Gasol?
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
what does the king's salary cap look like at this point. Could they afford Gasol?

Not at this exact moment. They need to, and will, make some moves. Dump the Jet's salary and hopefully finally rid ourselves of JT's garbage contract.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

No and they shouldn't be looking at him anyway. Not to mention there is no way he's looking to play for a rebuilding team in his twilight years.
Share 49ersWebzone