There are 178 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

Originally posted by Muggins:
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 12m
Yahoo Sources: Sacramento's Rudy Gay will exercise $19.3M option, but has tabled extension talks until after July 1.

Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick 14s
Can confirm Rudy Gay told Kings he'll be opting in for next season ($19.3 mil) rather than become free agent. They are predictably pleased.

So Rudy is coming back. Now we got to see what we do with the #8 and IT.

Yup. This now gives a clearer picture of how they now attack this offseason.
$3 million over the cap with a roster currently...

PG - Ray McCallum, Jason Terry
SG - Ben McLemore, Travis Outlaw
SF - Rudy Gay, Derrick Williams
PF - Carl Landry, Reggie Evans
C - DeMarcus Cousins, Jason Thompson.

Can't see Isaiah being an option anymore.

We go big: packaging our #8 pick and maybe McLemore with some expiring deals for a big name.
Or I think we almost have to draft a PG.

Will be interesting to see how the front office works this.
Not really sure how the NBA trade market is but is there anyway we can trade Landry and/or Thompson for cap relief?
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Not really sure how the NBA trade market is but is there anyway we can trade Landry and/or Thompson for cap relief?

It would have to be for future cap relief, and only if we attached an asset like McLemore or the 8th pick. Possible, but I don't think likely.

Seems more likely that Thompson is paired with Williams/Terry/Outlaw (all expiring deals) for a larger contract. But I'm just speculating.
Originally posted by SacRock14:

It would have to be for future cap relief, and only if we attached an asset like McLemore or the 8th pick. Possible, but I don't think likely.

Seems more likely that Thompson is paired with Williams/Terry/Outlaw (all expiring deals) for a larger contract. But I'm just speculating.

Couldn't even be like Thompson straight up for a future second round pick? NBA trades are very confusing. We'll definitely be active in the trade market.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Couldn't even be like Thompson straight up for a future second round pick? NBA trades are very confusing. We'll definitely be active in the trade market.

No team is just going to take on JT's contract for nothing.

That's a little more than $19 Million left owed to JT.
[ Edited by Muggins on Jun 22, 2014 at 2:11 PM ]
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
lol There's this Japanese dude I follow on twitter just because he's a big Kings fan and I like to show him support. I just looked at a couple of his buddies avatars and this is what I see. lol

Lmao wtf^
apparently we are discussing trading #8 to the Bulls for #16 and #19. Yes please.

http://fansided.com/2014/06/23/nba-draft-rumors-chicago-bulls-kings-talk-trade-8-pick/
[ Edited by Frisco69ers on Jun 23, 2014 at 10:07 AM ]
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
apparently we are discussing trading #8 to the Bulls for #16 and #19. Yes please.

http://fansided.com/2014/06/23/nba-draft-rumors-chicago-bulls-kings-talk-trade-8-pick/

Hmm. I would think there has to be something else too. That alone doesn't seem like it would help us much this year, although we could get lucky on one of those picks. If we are going to get better this year I think we have to trade for a proven player. Maybe that trade along with JT going to the Bulls too. lol We'll probably end up with Boozer.

Hmm. I would think there has to be something else too. That alone doesn't seem like it would help us much this year, although we could get lucky on one of those picks. If we are going to get better this year I think we have to trade for a proven player. Maybe that trade along with JT going to the Bulls too. lol We'll probably end up with Boozer.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan either. Doesn't seem like enough. The Suns at 14/18 is a little better. But now I kinda want to see what's there at 8 before trading back.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan either. Doesn't seem like enough. The Suns at 14/18 is a little better. But now I kinda want to see what's there at 8 before trading back.

This. 90% of the time almost every time, a pick outside the top 10 is a bench player at best. Something else please.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Kings fielding offers for No. 8 pick
Updated: June 23, 2014, 8:30 PM ET
By Andy Katz | ESPN.com

The Sacramento Kings are fielding offers from three teams for the No. 8 pick in Thursday's NBA draft, sources with direct knowledge told ESPN Monday.

Sources said the Kings have two deals that could be done prior to Thursday's 2 p.m. trade deadline to change the draft order and one would be a draft night deal, depending on which players are available when the Kings select.

The three deals would return multiple draft picks and a veteran player to the Kings for the No. 8 pick.

Sources wouldn't reveal the three teams involved in the negotiations yet, but the source said the discussions are more than talk now and the Kings are weighing the offers against the potential four players who the Kings think will be available at No. 8, depending on what occurs in front of them in the lottery.

The Kings have had multiple offers for the No. 8 pick but have settled on these three possible deals.
ESPN: Sacramento Kings fielding offers for the No. 8 pick

Really not a lot of new information. We kinda figured they were shopping the pick, but this says they are deciding between 3 offers that might include players AND picks for No. 8.

f**k that trade. I would be pissed if they did that. Funny the variety and range in Kings' draft rumors. We want to trade up, trade down for more picks and want a trade for an "impact" veteran. Lol
Share 49ersWebzone