LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 207 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
I don't know about you guys but if I could only pick one: I will take Isiah over Gay any day.

Idk about that. Gay is a one year commitment for now. I'm cool off of Isiah. Again, if we really have a premier center and a good PG we shouldn't suck. IT is cool off of the bench, but I don't think he would be happy with that role now. It'll be interesting to see the level of interest and what teams are willing to pay for him. I know the Kings won't overpay for him...
Originally posted by sacniner:
I don't know about you guys but if I could only pick one: I will take Isiah over Gay any day.

Idk about that. Gay is a one year commitment for now. I'm cool off of Isiah. Again, if we really have a premier center and a good PG we shouldn't suck. IT is cool off of the bench, but I don't think he would be happy with that role now. It'll be interesting to see the level of interest and what teams are willing to pay for him. I know the Kings won't overpay for him...

But even with IT, Gay, and Cousins it was pretty much like there were only 3 guys on the court all season. SG and PF were basically non existent all season. A premier center and a good PG and SF can't compete with the teams that are very good 1-5 in the west.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

But even with IT, Gay, and Cousins it was pretty much like there were only 3 guys on the court all season. SG and PF were basically non existent all season. A premier center and a good PG and SF can't compete with the teams that are very good 1-5 in the west.

How many teams are really good 1-5 though? IT doesn't facilitate the offense or control the tempo well enough. Also, he is part of the problem on defense. He would be really great off of the bench as a spark scorer. I think that's his ideal role. But, I know he is a fan favorite and most will probably not agree with me.
How many teams are really good 1-5 though? IT doesn't facilitate the offense or control the tempo well enough. Also, he is part of the problem on defense. He would be really great off of the bench as a spark scorer. I think that's his ideal role. But, I know he is a fan favorite and most will probably not agree with me.

I agree. IT would make an excellent 6th man and is much better suited to that role.

It looks like RayMac could be the point guard needed. He's got the size, athleticism, and passing skills. His shot is fundamentally sound, and with work should prove reliable. And he's a hard nosed defender.

They need a 4 or a 5. If they found a guy who could play the 5, they could move DMC to the 4, where he might be less frustrated going up against guys who almost always are a bit bigger than he is.

They also need a better offense. With the exception of the 4, I thought they had sufficient talent to produce on offense, but they get stuck in that high post pick and roll and completely forget to cut to the basket at times. John Wooden used to preach that cutting to the basket kept the defense on its heels, and I think that's true.

The Kings offense was too much side to side and not enough cutting to the hoop. Compare it to San Antonio's offense, or even Phoenix'. They may go side to side and use the high post pick and roll, but they always have somebody cutting to the hoop at some point.
[ Edited by oldninerdude on May 2, 2014 at 3:16 PM ]
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Looking back on it, this was a pretty sick dunk. This is a great shot too.

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Oh, and f**k CD's idea about Seattle. LA does well with two teams. Sterling just needs to GTFO. Dave comes up with some idiotic s**t on twitter at times. I hope Seattle and Hansen/Balmer NEVER get a team. Ever.

this

This squared.
Originally posted by Muggins:
Originally posted by marshniners24:

I'd take neither lulz

If I knew FA's would sign here I'd be cool with both of them gone. If we lose them both then that might be for the best long term but can we really go another 3-4-5 years with no playoffs?

If we could keep IT as the backup PG and sixth man, i don't see why that wouldn't be great. He's a great talent
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Muggins:

I'd take neither lulz

If I knew FA's would sign here I'd be cool with both of them gone. If we lose them both then that might be for the best long term but can we really go another 3-4-5 years with no playoffs?

If we could keep IT as the backup PG and sixth man, i don't see why that wouldn't be great. He's a great talent

That would be perfect but cmon that sounds highly unlikely right now. Who knows though maybe no one will offer him a nice contact with a starting spot.
IT will want 8-10 mill
IT will want 8-10 mill

but how many teams will actually pay that

IT will want 8-10 mill

I can see it, IT is a boss. Doesn't fit great with cousins but Jamal Crawford makes like $6 million per and IT is that type of talent. I think 8 would be reasonable for a team. Not us, but for some team.
IT will want 8-10 mill

I can see it, IT is a boss. Doesn't fit great with cousins but Jamal Crawford makes like $6 million per and IT is that type of talent. I think 8 would be reasonable for a team. Not us, but for some team.

but as a starting PG? I cant see it
but as a starting PG? I cant see it

If I meant as a starting point guard would I compare him to the sixth man of the year?

I do however think he is a guy who could start in spots and also be an electric sixth man. That versatility adds more value
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
PDA fielding questions from fans online today..

Pete D'Alessandro AMA Highlights

Posted: May, 06, 2014

Check out highlights from Kings GM Pete D'Alessandro's Reddit AMA on Tuesday.

I've been fortunate to be around some amazing people throughout my career starting with Lou Carnesecca (SJU), pioneer sports agent Bill Pollak (my first job as a sports agent), Hall of Famer Chris Mullin (Golden State Warriors), Masai Ujiri & Josh Kroenke (Denver Nuggets), and now the most innovative Owner, Vivek Ranadivé, and it all started with the book "Basketball's Fastest Hands" when I was in 3rd grade.

I'm excited to be here, go ahead and ask me anything!

Jalebs: Who is your favorite player on the team and why is it Travis Outlaw?

Pete: Not only is he a great person, teammate and player. How many pro athletes have a day named after them???https://twitter.com/travisoutlawday

Gregsactly: You can only keep one this offseason: Isaiah Thomas or Rudy Gay. Who do you choose?

Pete: There's rules against me talking about free agents right now but that is one heck of a choice and those are two very talented players.

YusoStoopid: Hi Pete, I'm a moderator at /r/kings which is the subreddit on this website about the Sacramento Kings. I have compiled some of the top questions that Kings fans in /r/kings have posted. Please take your time to answer as you feel sufficient. And go Kings!

What are some of the biggest needs you see for our team to turn us into a playoff caliber team?What do you love most about being with Sacramento?How would you assess Ben McLemore's rookie campaign?A lot of Kings fans talk about adding a true center next to Demarcus so he can play powerforward as he did in his rookie year. What is your perspective on this?What factors do you believe will draw free agents to Sacramento despite our recent history of poor performance?What are your plans regarding the stockpile of power forwards on our roster?How do you assess this upcoming draft and what are your plans concerning the draft?Pete: What's up /r/kings, we have the best fans in the world and it starts right here on reddit. Thanks for all that you do to support us!

I think it's still shooting and playmaking.I think the energy and excitement of being part of a startup organization.I think he had a great opportunity and coach put a lot of faith in him. In talking to Ben after the season ended, he understands how important this summer is to take the next step. We're excited about his future.It's something I've honestly been considering since the day I got here. It is amazing that a big man can be so versatile and we're really fortunate that we can even have this discussion and I'd really like to know what our fans think about this. Can we get a little help from redditors... DeMarcus at PF or C???I think clearly a combination of ownership, a new arena, staff and most importantly our fans.Got any others I should be considering?This is the first time I've had ample time to prepare for the Draft and as I said in my interview with Vivek, I like using all resources from scouts to analytics to even reaching out to our fans. Any of you who have met me have probably had me ask you your opinion of the Draft and free agents. I'm wide open to any thoughts, thoughts??Aykis16: Hey Pete! DeMarcus Cousins has been established as the franchise cornerstone this year, and I was wondering what your thoughts were as to his ideal frontcourt partner. I know it is the opinion of many that a shotblocker of some sort would probably be best but there are obviously more factors involved.

Pete: I think the great part about DeMarcus is his versatility whether he's at the 5 or the 4, a defensive-minded front-court partner could help the team.

Gwiss: What is your favorite kind of sandwich, and why?

Pete: My grandmother who passed away was from Sicily. She used to make this sandwich on fresh Italian bread with tomato, olive oil and sea salt. I know how simple it sounds, but since she's passed away, I've never had one so good. Seriously, love that woman and still feel her influence today.

Jakelshark: Can you describe the process of the Rudy Gay trade?

Specifically who approached whom (did you have a discussion with Memphis before?), how you envisioned him fitting into the offensive system with other high usage players, and the sort of negotiations involved in a trade like that.

Pete: Rudy was someone early on who we identified as being a good fit for our team and specifically alongside DeMarcus. In general trades develop over time and there is an early conversation which leads to subsequent talks. Many times the first conversation may appear to be a dead-end but then ultimately becomes a trade. The Rudy Gay trade followed a similar path.

Huble___Brown: Hey Pete, how awesome is it to work for Vivek Ranadive?

Pete: One of the amazing things about working for Vivek is that he challenges us to think differently. He has changed the way I view the game. His vision of NBA 3.0 will surely transform not only this team but also the City of Sacramento.

Xaoc15: Hi Pete, being a huge kings fan in toronto, im really liking the new ownership, management and direction the team is going. It might be the most unlikely thing ever, but im hoping for a kings/raptors finals series soon so I can watch the team play more than once a year. Keep it up!

Pete: Masai is that you?

Pete: This has been a blast. Thanks to everyone for the great questions! Definitely look forward to coming back here again soon… If you guys will have me?? https://twitter.com/Pdoro/status/463768770256060417

To view the complete AMA, click here.
Pete seems like a really personable type of guy
Share 49ersWebzone