LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

• MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by Muggins:
I was listening to Carmichael Dave's show earlier today and he seems convinced that Tyreke is not going to be on the team. if another team offers more than the qualifying offer he says the Kings will not match.

He still has a show? I hope no one else offers anything, but I think someone will based on his potential. I would love to see what he does this year. I would be SO pissed if he goes somewhere else and tears it up.

Yeah he streams a show every day from 8-10 in the mornings. http://thecdnetworks.com/

I think his last day doing that is tomorrow though. I think he may be coming back to KHTK.
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 5m Sacramento has been aggressive in trying to move up from seventh in the draft, league sources tell Y! Likely target: Ben McLemore.

Stay away from him
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 5m Sacramento has been aggressive in trying to move up from seventh in the draft, league sources tell Y! Likely target: Ben McLemore.

Stay away from him

Just came to post that. My gut is telling me you can have him val.
at least this team is being aggressive it seems.....

But i rather have porter than anyone else. Also, if tyreke is gone, i wouldn't mind a lottery pick for next year's draft....
Originally posted by valrod33:

Stay away from him

I just saw an interview with the kid. He came from a rough background. He seems like a good kid. I hope he does well. I have been sketchy on him, basketball wise, after seeing his dismal performance in the tourney. Also, the rumors about his s**tty workouts.

I hope he can turn up the intensity in the NBA. He obviously has the talent.
We should sign and trade Reke for a SF and move up and get Mclemore
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS14m
As the Kings look to move up from No. 7, they could find a trade partner in the Suns, who are exploring a move back from No. 5, sources say.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick20m
Kings have had one conversation about moving up, with Phoenix at No. 5. As Yahoo! reported, they are indeed targeting Ben McLemore.
Muggins, did Scot Pollard dog McLemore on Grant's show? I vaguely remember hearing that... he dogged T-Rob last year. I think Pollard is a broadcaster for Kansas so he sees these guys a lot.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Muggins, did Scot Pollard dog McLemore on Grant's show? I vaguely remember hearing that... he dogged T-Rob last year. I think Pollard is a broadcaster for Kansas so he sees these guys a lot.

I am not 100% as I missed the interview this year but I have heard it mentioned that Scot did indeed give McLemore the TRob treatment. Which is troubling becaus he was dead on about TRob.

Originally posted by Muggins:

I am not 100% as I missed the interview this year but I have heard it mentioned that Scot did indeed give McLemore the TRob treatment. Which is troubling becaus he was dead on about TRob.

Yeah, that is troubling. Not that Pollard is an advanced scout, but he knows basketball and he sees every single one of their games. He also probably sees some practices and has a lot of inside information. So, when it comes to Kansas basketball he is a great source.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Carmichael Dave on with Grant now.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Pollard is on with Grant now.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Grant just asked about McLemore...

When things are going well he is a great player.

Shoots very well.

He can't dribble that well.

May not be able to get open in the NBA.

Ben doesn't go left at all.

Is he a creator? No. At least not yet.

Scot says he'd trade down if he was the Kings, not up.

He wouldn't want lottery type contact, type attitude that comes with a high pick. Can get something similar further down in the draft without all that attached.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
More about McLemore..

He makes a good team better.

He wasn't really good on the road. Can he perform on the road in the NBA when you play 40+ games on the road. He struggled on the road.

This draft can't be that good if McLemore is going this high in the draft.

It's big boy basketball right now. Is he ready for that? No I don't think so.
Share 49ersWebzone