LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 288 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

Cousins is a pain in the ass. Like Mugg said, why no comment? It wasn't a personal question. Nothing about his contract. He was asked his thoughts on the new ownership/management. No comment? WTF? Just say I'm looking forward to getting out there and playing. He again comes off immature, but I'm sure he'll blame it on the media who is out to get him.

Everyone has publicly stood up for this guy -- Vivek, Malone and PDA. Clean slate with an exciting regime and pumped up fan base. And the first move from his camp is to demand the max or a trade. Great message.

I honestly could care less if he stays or goes. But that doesn't mean just give him away -- you better get talent back. We all recognize his ability, but at some point I like rooting for good dudes. If he wants to turn it around, I'll have open arms. Hopefully, Malone can get through to this kid.

He's a max player. No way around it.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Cousins doing his basketball camp at Sac High.

• MuggD
  • Veteran
I think he looks thinner. Have you guys ever noticed when you meet or run into an NBA player they always look way skinnier in person than when watching them on TV? Jason Kidd was one that I really noticed that with.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Are Grant and Jerry up next on the chopping block? What do you guys want done there, if anything?

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/06/21/5513583/leading-off-will-grant-jerry-stay.html#disqus_thread
Originally posted by Muggins:
I think he looks thinner. Have you guys ever noticed when you meet or run into an NBA player they always look way skinnier in person than when watching them on TV? Jason Kidd was one that I really noticed that with.

He does look leaner. Good. Hopefully this increase his athleticsm.
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Cousins is a pain in the ass. Like Mugg said, why no comment? It wasn't a personal question. Nothing about his contract. He was asked his thoughts on the new ownership/management. No comment? WTF? Just say I'm looking forward to getting out there and playing. He again comes off immature, but I'm sure he'll blame it on the media who is out to get him.

Everyone has publicly stood up for this guy -- Vivek, Malone and PDA. Clean slate with an exciting regime and pumped up fan base. And the first move from his camp is to demand the max or a trade. Great message.

I honestly could care less if he stays or goes. But that doesn't mean just give him away -- you better get talent back. We all recognize his ability, but at some point I like rooting for good dudes. If he wants to turn it around, I'll have open arms. Hopefully, Malone can get through to this kid.

He's a max player. No way around it.

I feel you. Dude is frustrating. I want him to stay, but not if he doesn't mature and its not looking like he is...

Are Grant and Jerry up next on the chopping block? What do you guys want done there, if anything?

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/06/21/5513583/leading-off-will-grant-jerry-stay.html#disqus_thread

I'm in the minority as someone who likes Grant. Dude is super passionate about the Kings. And the few times I've met him he has been really cool. Jerry is the man. He may be a little goofy, but dude knows his hoops. And becasue he was the Director of player development or something like that he has knowledge of literally every player in the NBA. He knows his hoops.

Those guys are a big part of Sacramento basketball. They need to stay.

They're both so douchey and terrible but they're true kings so I want them to stay

Yeah. I saw robin lopez the other week and he was skinny as hell
Originally posted by sacniner:

I'm in the minority as someone who likes Grant. Dude is super passionate about the Kings. And the few times I've met him he has been really cool. Jerry is the man. He may be a little goofy, but dude knows his hoops. And becasue he was the Director of player development or something like that he has knowledge of literally every player in the NBA. He knows his hoops.

Those guys are a big part of Sacramento basketball. They need to stay.

Agreed. They have their flaws, but they're Sacramento. I can understand not liking Grant on his radio show, but I think he does a good job on TV.

• MuggD
  • Veteran
Kings announce Mike Bratz as Assistant GM

Knew that name sounded familiar. He was a player on the teams inaugural season in Sacramento. I remember him more as an assistant on many of those s**tty teams in the 90's.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
The Kings are bringing in Shabazz Muhammad for a 2nd workout tomorrow.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Tyreke hangin' with Coach. I can dig it.

The Kings are bringing in Shabazz Muhammad for a 2nd workout tomorrow.

Wouldn't be mad.
So about the draft...

Where's everyone leaning?

Top of the draft seems really unsettled but I'm guessing Len-Oladipo-Noel-McLemore-Bennett-Porter are off the board. I'd be looking for Burke in that case, but I get the feeling our management may look elsewhere, maybe a surprise pick of someone who fits the model.

As of now, I'm predicting Muhammad. It's more than just the second workout...I just think management will see an immense talent that is a little rough around the edges. But that's a project worth taking on, IMO. He can be groomed into a big time player, and he's clearly very talented. As I said before, I like him.

I'm also a fan of Dennis Schroeder...German PG who has the tools to be really good -- fast, breaks down defenses with ease, 6'7" wingspan/lateral quickness to become a solid defender. Of course, that's based on YouTube clips only.

Anyone else worth considering? Zeller is a ho-hum pick that I'd be OK with but not thrilled. I'm not big on Michael Carter-Williams. McCollum...Lillard's success last year makes you afraid to pass on someone like this, but he's more of a Jamal Crawford player to me, not a true PG.
Share 49ersWebzone