There are 434 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

I'm sorry guys.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
18 years as a fan and they finally managed to get me to quit. I hate Vivek, I wish the stupid Warriors would have kept him and his stupidity wouldn't have infected my favorite sports team. Vivek and Vlade made my favorite sports team unwatchable now. I'm not about to bandwagon some other team but I'm not ever watching this dumpster fire again. FML

that 2012 warriors bandwagon was a great investment.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Lopsided DeMarcus Cousins deal proves Kings are worst franchise in sports

link
Crazy. As talented as he is, I can't blame the kings for not wanting to give Cousins $200+ million.
Originally posted by Knowledge:
Now that I think about this trade the Kings obviously decided they werent going to invest 200 mil into him so they took the best deal on a free agent that would likely walk(edit: thought he was FA this year...nope next year...hmmmm)

Better to get something rather than nothing

Reports are the Kings were offered Drummond for Cousins and they turned it down. So there goes your best deal theory.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
I'm not gonna lie to you, I'm jumping on the Pelicans bandwagon.

I don't follow basketball so don't judge me.
Fair to question the return -- Vlade needed to hold out for no protections or the 2019 pick, and who knows what other offers were out there. Fair to question how Vlade handled the whole situation because it was a clown show. Fair to question the timing -- should have been done earlier. Fair to lament the loss of Cousins, who was damn talented and great in the community.

That said, I'm happy to be moving on from DeMarcus. I just don't like watching him play because of his demeanor, and I don't think he was ever going to change here. He was entitled and held too much power -- nobody inside the organization seemingly ever called him on his sh*t. It's draining as a fan, and I have to assume it is as a teammate, to watch him sulk up and down the court when times get rough...to watch him concentrate so much energy on the refs when close games are being played...to watch him fail to get back on defense or lag getting up court on offense. We've got some classy vets right now, like Temple and Tolliver, and it really showed the difference.

I think this move will be best for both sides in the long run -- DMC won't be top dog and will have a star teammate, that will be good for him. And the Kings can move on -- we weren't winning with him. I'm actually excited to see this team play freely without him. We saw a glimpse of that against Boston -- no BS, just a scrappy bunch that fought for a win.

Hopefully, Joerger starts developing our young talent and we add on in the draft. We have 4 first rounders from the 2016 draft, potentially 2 more coming in the 2017 lottery and Bogdan Bogdanovic from overseas. There are pieces to be played with. Let's get it.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Whatever, BYE. I'm glad he's far away from us though.

Fuxk paying that guy 200+ million. Dude is a cancer lmao.

Dude can ball though and NO will be interesting as fk moving forward.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Should have worked something out with Boston for that Brooklyn pick.

• MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hopper:
Should have worked something out with Boston for that Brooklyn pick.

Word around the league is nobody wanted Demarcus on the team because he so cancerous. Not willing to give up anything substantial for him.
Originally posted by MuggD:
Whatever, BYE. I'm glad he's far away from us though.

Fuxk paying that guy 200+ million. Dude is a cancer lmao.

Dude can ball though and NO will be interesting as fk moving forward.

whatever makes you feel better for trading the best center in the league for a 23 year old rookie, tyreke evans, and a 1st rounder
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IT21:
whatever makes you feel better for trading the best center in the league for a 23 year old rookie, tyreke evans, and a 1st rounder

The 30 win a year best center cancer, okay. Best players don't win 30 games.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
lol at MuggD trying to defend this

Originally posted by MuggD:
Originally posted by IT21:

The 30 win a year best center cancer, okay. Best players don't win 30 games.

ya not when they're stuck with this s**t ass franchise lol
Share 49ersWebzone