There are 128 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Can an NBA team succeed by starting 4 SG's and Cousins? Stay tuned to find out.

lmao

Vasquez is a legit PG and SHOULD start over Thomas.

Thornton, Monta, McLemore, Jimmer, Cousins. Come get some.

Maybe the NBA is considering playing with multiple balls and Vivek is a genius.

Relax man. Offseason ain't over. This isn't going to be a playoff year. They are starting with the village idiot's scraps. The roster will look different. Don't judge the FO or team based on this year's wins and losses. It ain't right homes
Originally posted by marshniners24:
I support the Ellis signing cause it means we have to get rid of Thornton/salmons/Jimmer/Hayes

So getting rid of Salmons and adding Monta helps our SF spot how?
Get rid of his contact. And Ellis is better than Thornton and Jimmer. Good point Marsh. If we get rid of those three horrendous contracts. I don't give a s**t about Jimmer at this point.
I support the Ellis signing cause it means we have to get rid of Thornton/salmons/Jimmer/Hayes

So getting rid of Salmons and adding Monta helps our SF spot how?

Lol how does having salmons help our SF spot in the first place?
Originally posted by sacniner:
Get rid of his contact. And Ellis is better than Thornton and Jimmer. Good point Marsh. If we get rid of those three horrendous contracts. I don't give a s**t about Jimmer at this point.

Getting rid of an expiring contract in order to get a cap clogging multi year deal for Monta sounds smart?
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
29 wins

not even
Getting rid of an expiring contract in order to get a cap clogging multi year deal for Monta sounds smart?

This. If Monta lands a 4 year deal at $10+ mil per, it would be the worst contract in basketball hands down. Monta is fools gold. He's a 6th man scorer. Not a featured star.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jul 9, 2013 at 4:56 PM ]
Originally posted by SofaKing:
This. If Monta lands a 4 year deal at $10+ mil per, it would be the worst contract in basketball hands down. Monta is fools gold. He's a 6th man scorer. Not a featured star.

Well luckily he'd be a 6th man here

It'll be a three year deal. From 10 to 12. If you get rid of Thornton, Hayes and Salmons it won't be cap clogging. Plus, even though people don't like his style, he is a good NBA player. We don't really have that besides DMC at this point. Its a good signing if we move those other s**t contracts.

Give me what you would do, realistically, as the arm chair GM of the kings. Keep in mind NO starting calibur player wants to sign here. Would you keep things exactly the same? What would you do? Its not easy.

Probably, but at what salary? If he gets the kind of money he wants, its a bad deal.
It'll be a three year deal. From 10 to 12. If you get rid of Thornton, Hayes and Salmons it won't be cap clogging. Plus, even though people don't like his style, he is a good NBA player. We don't really have that besides DMC at this point. Its a good signing if we move those other s**t contracts.

Give me what you would do, realistically, as the arm chair GM of the kings. Keep in mind NO starting calibur player wants to sign here. Would you keep things exactly the same? What would you do? Its not easy.

This

There is a lot of bad ones. NBA players are paid a lot. Its not bad if you get rid of those three I mentioned. On a three year deal. Thornton gets paid 8+ and no one outside of Sac thinks he is better than Monta.

LOL GLWT. I can almost promise it won't be 3 years either.

No way they are signing him to be a 6th man. At least not this season. They either see him as the starting 1 or 2 with either Greives or Mclemore. Teams don't pay that kind of money to a 6th man. I'd guess they don't plan on starting the rookie yet.
[ Edited by TTown9ers on Jul 9, 2013 at 5:01 PM ]

Lol, why are you promising that? you pulled that out of your ass. The reports are three years man. This is a new CBA. The contracts are shorter.

Nice solutions man... Good luck with your plan

Lol, why are you promising that? you pulled that out of your ass. The reports are three years man. This is a new CBA. The contracts are shorter.

Nice solutions man... Good luck with your plan

Oh and the reports are also that the Kings will be able to unload Thornton, Salmons, and Hayes for free? That is splendid news.

And Ellis turned down a 3 year $36M extension already. But yeah you are right, he's gonna settle for less.
Share 49ersWebzone