There are 194 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

I'm loving the rumors also. After not being a real franchise at the end with the Maloofs, at least these guys are trying and being creative. They are aware of the huge limitations to lure FAs currently. So they are checking out options.

In regards to Josh Smith, I've never been to fond. Mostly because I HATE when he shoots outside jumpers. He settles for those way too much. If that dude got super serious on the defensive end he could be a sick ass defender and rebounder. That would be nice... Man, that's a bad contract though.
Originally posted by marshulk:
Interesting. If we give up Ben in the rondo trade I won't like it though

Rondo
Ben
Gay
Smith
Cousins

That's a pretty good lineup

Yeah, I think we would have to. And the pick... we need shooters BADLY.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
lol just looking at twitter to see what people are saying and this dude made me laff..

Joel C Cordes ‏@bball_joel 47s
Tried to add 2K Josh Smith to Kings w/ DeMarcus Cousins & Rudy Gay. My Play Station threw up and then flew away.

Interesting. If we give up Ben in the rondo trade I won't like it though

Rondo
Ben
Gay
Smith
Cousins

That's a pretty good lineup
It's a good lineup if you hate floor spacing lol
Just saw on twitter that Detroit has nixed the potential trade involving Josh Smith. Oh well, his contract was ugly as hell anyways.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:
Just saw on twitter that Detroit has nixed the potential trade involving Josh Smith. Oh well, his contract was ugly as hell anyways.

Carmichael Dave is saying dead doesn't mean dead or some such stuff on his twitter. He probably knows something I'd guess.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
btw it's times like this that I hate the format of Sactown Royalty. When it's busy and things are fluid like the trade talks, it makes it too annoying to read the threads over there.

Rondo
Ben
Gay
How
Long

FTFYANL
Originally posted by Muggins:
btw it's times like this that I hate the format of Sactown Royalty. When it's busy and things are fluid like the trade talks, it makes it too annoying to read the threads over there.

I love it. You just have to spend time getting used to it. That website is beyond awesome for Kings related content.

• MuggD
  • Veteran
I go there everyday and have for a few years but it's hella annoying when there are 700 posts on 1 page and new posts get added in the middle of it, at the bottom of it, top of it randomly etc... hard to keep up.
I go there everyday and have for a few years but it's hella annoying when there are 700 posts on 1 page and new posts get added in the middle of it, at the bottom of it, top of it randomly etc... hard to keep up.

I agree. I just can't follow it so I get stuck going to dipsh*tville.com
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

same. BRB still reading posts about "zomg Tyreke is awesome, the Kings ruined him!!!11!" and "I have no faith in new ownership, this team is just depressing!", etc.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

same. BRB still reading posts about "zomg Tyreke is awesome, the Kings ruined him!!!11!" and "I have no faith in new ownership, this team is just depressing!", etc.

Lol. The new favorite thing to do is trot out PER 36 and PER 100 possessions or some bs like that. That's all fine and dandy, but I live in a world of traditional stat lines and wins and losses. Not saying they are not useful tools, but its ridiculous to use them as your main source of evidence that Cousins is as good if not better than every big man in the history of the NBA and Evans is as good as every SG in the league and is Oscar Robertson reincarnated. And this is coming from a Cousins/Evans fan.
Edit. Although I will say this Willis, I have on occasion posted about the team being depressing. Lol.
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Jun 25, 2014 at 6:13 AM ]
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Lol. The new favorite thing to do is trot out PER 36 and PER 100 possessions or some bs like that. That's all fine and dandy, but I live in a world of traditional stat lines and wins and losses. Not saying they are not useful tools, but its ridiculous to use them as your main source of evidence that Cousins is as good if not better than every big man in the history of the NBA and Evans is as good as every SG in the league and is Oscar Robertson reincarnated. And this is coming from a Cousins/Evans fan.
Edit. Although I will say this Willis, I have on occasion posted about the team being depressing. Lol.

Kings fans are emotionally scarred from Maloof years, but I think we will be fine w/ the new ownership.

I might've said this in here before but the person on there who pisses me off the most is bricklayer aka winsome gerbil on realgm. Dude is still crying about the Tyreke deal even though that was what got us the pieces to deal for Rudy who IMO is a better player. And yeah I was reading the site the last few days b/c of the draft(I usually avoid that place tbh) and I keep seeing PER 36 and 100 possession stats, and I'm like wtf? Cuz I know those guys did not actually average those numbers. And they are BS stats anyway. What a guy does in 20 MPG he might not be able to do for 36+. Also if they aren't playing that many minutes already, there's probably a reason. It is a good indicator of what a guy can potentially do but for people on there to act like it's the "zomg best stat evar!!!11!" is retarded.
Share 49ersWebzone