LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 137 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

• MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
well do you guys think Gay will stay will us or opt out?

I have no idea. At first I thought he'd stay, then I thought he'd opt out but because he would sign a long term deal here. But I listened to Grant Napear for about 5 minutes last week and he was going on about how he feels Rudy will opt out and sign with a contender. So I'd lean towards what Grant said since he's a lot closer to the situation.

I still think Vivek and PDA can convince him to stay though if they really want him to.
Originally posted by Muggins:

I have no idea. At first I thought he'd stay, then I thought he'd opt out but because he would sign a long term deal here. But I listened to Grant Napear for about 5 minutes last week and he was going on about how he feels Rudy will opt out and sign with a contender. So I'd lean towards what Grant said since he's a lot closer to the situation.

I still think Vivek and PDA can convince him to stay though if they really want him to.

yeah I agree with you,

I just don't know if hes a good complement to Cousins in the long term. Every team he leaves they end up being better.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran

yeah I agree with you,

I just don't know if hes a good complement to Cousins in the long term. Every team he leaves they end up being better.

Yeah I think Rudy would be a great 3rd piece on a Championship team not the 1A or 1B option he is here. If somehow we Draft a 1A or 1B player in this Draft then we could be well on our way. But he/we have to make our decision on this before the draft.

PS we need to figure out wtf we are doing at the PF spot. Hell we need to figure out wtf we are doing at SG and PG too lol, we are a clusterf**k. Part of the reason I think Rudy walks.

Oh also I think Cousins and his screaming at teammates and in general being a friggin weirdo might scare off mid-top tier free agents from coming here.

Gut feeling is that if Rudy opts out, he's gone. Don't see him signing a long-term deal with us. But that's just my guess.
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Gut feeling is that if Rudy opts out, he's gone. Don't see him signing a long-term deal with us. But that's just my guess.

I actually really like Rudy but if that happens I won't be too upset. We saw the fit with cousins wasn't perfect

yeah I agree with you,

Yeah I think Rudy would be a great 3rd piece on a Championship team not the 1A or 1B option he is here. If somehow we Draft a 1A or 1B player in this Draft then we could be well on our way. But he/we have to make our decision on this before the draft.

PS we need to figure out wtf we are doing at the PF spot. Hell we need to figure out wtf we are doing at SG and PG too lol, we are a clusterf**k. Part of the reason I think Rudy walks.

Oh also I think Cousins and his screaming at teammates and in general being a friggin weirdo might scare off mid-top tier free agents from coming here.

yeah I feel you. Honestly I think Isiah is more important to retain than Gay is.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Kayte Christensen looks like she took the Marshulk cack

Slapped by da cock

I hope he does. Then take his 19mil and divvy it up amongst some guys who actually play defense and know their roles. Would love to land a couple veteran, perimeter defenders like Deng and Thefolosha with Gays $. Then if they are stuck at 7, I am starting to warm to the idea of Gordon, an athletic, mobile big who also knows his role.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

I hope he does. Then take his 19mil and divvy it up amongst some guys who actually play defense and know their roles. Would love to land a couple veteran, perimeter defenders like Deng and Thefolosha with Gays $. Then if they are stuck at 7, I am starting to warm to the idea of Gordon, an athletic, mobile big who also knows his role.

I'm with ya on this. I just hope we can even land middle of the road guys like that right now. I was looking into Gordon last week because I saw some sites projecting him in our range and was very impressed. Wouldn't mind him at all.

Gordon is interesting. I was impressed in the tourney. I think he's a player we could use, but at the same time, where? Too small for the 4 but has no outside jumper so the 3 he might struggle with. Similar to Dwill and all the undersized 4s we've ever had
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Gordon is interesting. I was impressed in the tourney. I think he's a player we could use, but at the same time, where? Too small for the 4 but has no outside jumper so the 3 he might struggle with. Similar to Dwill and all the undersized 4s we've ever had

agreed, Gordan is just like D-will. Also we have too many undersized bigs including Landry and Acy
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

We're gonna be around $47 mill....not including Rudy's option, a re-signed Isaiah or our draft pick. Cap is projected to be about $63 mill. So $16 mill free.

If Rudy opts in, that's basically it for free agency. Would have to get really creative to re-sign Isaiah. Trade route would be the only option to improve. If Rudy opts out, you have some wiggle room but you're also down a big-time talent.

I like a lot of guys in this draft. Obviously the higher the better, but guys like Gordon and Vonleh wouldn't be bad if we stay put.
agreed, Gordan is just like D-will. Also we have too many undersized bigs including Landry and Acy

This. We don't need Aaron Gordon or any other undersized 4s. We drafted an Aaron Gordon type less than 2 years ago, how'd that work out?
Man I wish we were in the playoffs
Share 49ersWebzone