LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 151 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
what is Burke's biggest negative?

According to draft express he struggles at finishing at the rim and shot selection. He settles for a lot of jumpers (but he does have a pretty good jumper). Also, on defense he has struggled with bigger and stronger PGs. He is not that big... He needs to get stronger. Dude is a leader though and is unselfish. He will do what it takes IMO
Originally posted by sacniner:
what is Burke's biggest negative?

According to draft express he struggles at finishing at the rim and shot selection. He settles for a lot of jumpers (but he does have a pretty good jumper). Also, on defense he has struggled with bigger and stronger PGs. He is not that big... He needs to get stronger. Dude is a leader though and is unselfish. He will do what it takes IMO

So basically a less explosive Ty Lawson with a better jump shot? Dude, I'll take him!!!!
I've been reading some articles about McLemore dropping to us. I DO NOT want that guy. He was absolute garbage in the tournament and was scared. He didn't want anything to do with that big stage. He was non-existent. Also, he seems pretty undersized for a two guard in the NBA. We already have shoot only, undersized two guards. There is a reason why this kid is dropping. He has done bad in pre-draft workouts and has work ethic issues. I also don't want Muhammad. He doesn't play defense and only cares about scoring. He struggled in college, no reason to think he can light up the NBA. We don't need more guys that are only obsessed with scoring.

I still prefer Burke if he is there. If not, I have to go with SacRock's assessment cause dude knows his s**t

haha, thanks. But I always try to clarify -- I watch maybe a handful of each guy's games during the season, then the conference and NCAA tourneys. So I like to think I have a decent handle, but by no means an expert.

I understand the Muhammad questions. No doubt concerning. But I'm hoping it's just his youth showing. He's said all the right things in his pre-draft interviews -- nothing like Cousins pre-draft (remember those awkward, disinterested interviews he gave?). I hope we finally get some true veteran leaders in here to help mold these young guys.

My preference has always been Burke. Just get a gut feeling that he's not the guy we're targeting.
I have said multiple times I would rather trade the pick. This draft is super weak.

Definitely open to that, but in a super weak class, doesn't seem like many teams will be giving much to get our pick.

Posted my mock today: http://aroyalpain.com/2013/06/24/2013-nba-draft-scotts-mock-draft/

Would love to see Porter slip past #6 where I have him going.
Originally posted by SacRock14:
I have said multiple times I would rather trade the pick. This draft is super weak.

Definitely open to that, but in a super weak class, doesn't seem like many teams will be giving much to get our pick.

Posted my mock today: http://aroyalpain.com/2013/06/24/2013-nba-draft-scotts-mock-draft/

if Washing does indeed take Noel at 3. We have a great shot of landing Porter.

Damn, you have Burke sliding pretty low... that would be a little surprising. Seems like his stock rose after the tourney

Damn, you have Burke sliding pretty low... that would be a little surprising. Seems like his stock rose after the tourney

Yeah, I don't know why. I just feel like if we pass, Detroit maybe takes him. Otherwise it's Minny, Portland, Philly, OKC -- none in need of a point guard.

Porter falls to #7, then we trade for #13 and take Burke
Would you guys take this trade: (Assuming Cous was forcing this max deal or trade thing himself)

Bobcats get: C Cousins and SF Outlaw

in exchange for

Kings get: SF Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, PF/C Josh McRoberts, and the 4th pick ('13).
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
NBA Draft rumors: Kings trying to trade Jimmer Fredette for additional pick

The Sacramento Kings are looking to flip Jimmer Fredette for a late first-round pick to be used on Tony Snell or Tim Hardaway, Jr., reports Chad Ford and Marc Stein of ESPN.com. The report cites the Indiana Pacers (who pick No. 23) and the Utah Jazz (No. 14, No. 21) as potential destinations. According to DraftExpress, Hardaway is currently projected to go No. 20 and Snell is projected to go No. 32.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by Muggins:

The Sacramento Kings are looking to flip Jimmer Fredette for a late first-round pick to be used on Tony Snell or Tim Hardaway, Jr., reports Chad Ford and Marc Stein of ESPN.com. The report cites the Indiana Pacers (who pick No. 23) and the Utah Jazz (No. 14, No. 21) as potential destinations. According to DraftExpress, Hardaway is currently projected to go No. 20 and Snell is projected to go No. 32.

Yeah just talking about this on the radio here in slc. 50/50 on this. He would be very welcomed back home by many(Mormons) and personally think the kings kind of shafted him. We could use a shooter. But for 21? That where it gets sketchy. Not sure he is worth that, but at the same time not a whole lot of talent. I really wouldn't complain.

Please do. Please please please

I fapped when I saw that lol

i really hope this doesn't happen, i want to see what Jimmer can do with some real coaching

i really hope this doesn't happen, i want to see what Jimmer can do with some real coaching

Will trade cousins without seeing him under new coaching but will not trade Jimmer lolwut
Originally posted by marshniners24:

Will trade cousins without seeing him under new coaching but will not trade Jimmer lolwut

Jimmer isnt a d*ckhead like Cousins is. Do you see Jimmer complaining about his contract or playing time? NO
[ Edited by Frisco69ers on Jun 25, 2013 at 6:57 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone