LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 320 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

• MuggD
  • Veteran
Casspi brought back. 2 yrs 6mill
Vlade/Bratz have done a fine job overall do far, much better than I anticipated.
Originally posted by Muggins:

Lol that is great
Damn bros, I think we had a great weekend.

You can debate the Rondo thing if you want, but it's a 1 year deal. There's little downside. He stinks or bolts...we pickup that cap space next summer. Or he tries to turn his career around, Rudy serves as a positive influence and he's a strong add. Cross the bridge of re-signing if we get there.

Belinelli, Koufos and Casspi are all great depth signings, and all at fair market value IMO. Belinelli a proven shooter, Koufos a Karl guy who is solid on both ends, Casspi a guy devoted to the city who plays hard and well.

Adding those 4 and Cauley-Stein is a pretty damn solid start to the offseason. Wouldn't mind adding one more banger down low (even a Quincy Acy) but I really like what Vlade has done...

Rondo/Collison/Ray Mac
Ben/Belinelli
Gay/Casspi
WCS/Moreland
Cousins/Koufos

(I think Koufos would start next to DMC, as of now).

Not expecting greatness, but we've clearly improved.
Screw what all the idiot talking heads have said. We've had a very good offseason so far. I think we've improved more than any other team in the division.
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Damn bros, I think we had a great weekend.

You can debate the Rondo thing if you want, but it's a 1 year deal. There's little downside. He stinks or bolts...we pickup that cap space next summer. Or he tries to turn his career around, Rudy serves as a positive influence and he's a strong add. Cross the bridge of re-signing if we get there.

Belinelli, Koufos and Casspi are all great depth signings, and all at fair market value IMO. Belinelli a proven shooter, Koufos a Karl guy who is solid on both ends, Casspi a guy devoted to the city who plays hard and well.

Adding those 4 and Cauley-Stein is a pretty damn solid start to the offseason. Wouldn't mind adding one more banger down low (even a Quincy Acy) but I really like what Vlade has done...

Rondo/Collison/Ray Mac
Ben/Belinelli
Gay/Casspi
WCS/Moreland
Cousins/Koufos

(I think Koufos would start next to DMC, as of now).

Not expecting greatness, but we've clearly improved.

totally agree, will def be interesting to see what Moreland can do too.

As for signing one last big. I'm down for Acy, or even just Evans
Rondo is basically taking Andre Miller's spot.

Koufos is taking Hollins spot.

Bellinelli is taking Stauskas' spot.

WCS is taking JT's spot.

And the media thinks we are a joke. That's 4 major upgrades. Tell me another team that did that so far in FA.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

WCS is taking JT's spot.

And the media thinks we are a joke. That's 4 major upgrades. Tell me another team that did that so far in FA.

They are certainly improved and not a joke. Also not a playoff team in the West. Also, with Cousins, Gay, and Rondo on the same team there is always the possiblility of complete implosion.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

WCS is taking JT's spot.

They are certainly improved and not a joke. Also not a playoff team in the West. Also, with Cousins, Gay, and Rondo on the same team there is always the possiblility of complete implosion.

well if the NBA makes it the top 16 teams they could make the playoffs. (Instead of top 8 West and top 8 East)

Also, Gay isn't a risk factor like Cousins or Rondo. And Cousins is passionate and wants to win. How can we blame an elite player for wanting to be on a good team.

If Karl coaches like he can (and barring injuries and implosion) I think we could have a better record than Portland had last year and they got to the playoffs. You know they're not going next year.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
If Karl coaches like he can (and barring injuries and implosion) I think we could have a better record than Portland had last year and they got to the playoffs. You know they're not going next year.

I would like to make you a large bet on the Kings not winning 51 games. I agree Portland wont make the playoffs this year but they will be replaced by OKC. Its going to take awhile for all those pieces on the Kings to fit just right. They should be a good team by the break but I really dont see a playoff team next year.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Jul 6, 2015 at 3:59 PM ]

I would like to make you a large bet on the Kings not winning 51 games. I agree Portland wont make the playoffs this year but they will be replaced by OKC. Its going to take awhile for all those pieces on the Kings to fit just right. They should be a good team by the break but I really dont see a playoff team next year.

I don't want to bury them, but it's just too deep in the West to really think about playoffs. I think .500 would be a better goal for this team, and that'd be a massive leap from last year. Certainly potential for this team to go either way, breakout or implode.
Originally posted by SacRock14:

I don't want to bury them, but it's just too deep in the West to really think about playoffs. I think .500 would be a better goal for this team, and that'd be a massive leap from last year. Certainly potential for this team to go either way, breakout or implode.

Had cousins not gotten sick and they never fired Malone, they could have got close to .500 last year.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Share 49ersWebzone