There are 216 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Monte turning down more money from us? Man, we look pathtetic.

I dont blame him. 44 million and a playoff team in the East >> 48 million and a bottom feeder in the West. I respect guys who will take less to win and dont just go where the most money is.

This.
There could also be other reasons not related to money. Maybe he just never liked the Kings. I highly doubt he's hurting for money.
I'd take $4M less to play with the Kings over any other team if I was in the NBA.
Hell if I was in the NFL I'd take a lot less to play with the Niners over the Cowboys.

I read that his wife is planning to attend law school in Indianapolis, so I'm sure that was a big reason he signed with em too. He has 2 kids too so it's probably what's best for his family.
Originally posted by Muggins:
Sure but being smart with the money is still important. Maybe Mathews will be fine and great for the Kings. I just think its way too much even with the cap going up.

Willing to take a lot less to play for Dallas. This seems to be a theme right now.

The Warriors were in the same place not too long ago. The kings are gonna have to draft better to turn their franchise around. Cap space isn't gonna do much for them right now, obviously no one wants to play for them.
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Was starting to get geared up for Wes, so that's a letdown.

Hoping we don't simply replace the contracts of JT/Landry with similar, mediocre bench dudes. Just keep the $$ and go for difference makers elsewhere.

Starting to think the trade route will be the way to go...we've got the space to take on somebody -- Holiday? Lawson? Deron Williams? I don't know.

What do you have left to trade lol

Lakers and kings, never thought I'd see the day when they are both seen as terrible destinations lol
It's a rough time right now fellas lol

I say F it. Sign rondo, let him, Gay, DMC, Willie, and Karl be the stars of our new reality tv show about how drama filled our team will be.

Besides DMC, it's been a while since we HIT on a draft pick.. even though we are always in the top 8.. sucks. I mean Tyreke was coo, but naaaa
Let's review: Wes and Monta both chose to take less money to play for better teams.

That doesn't mean no one wants to play here. That's only 2 players. 16 mlll for a guy off an ACL is crazy anyway.

The reason I am so against Rondo is b/c he just flat out gives up on plays. Like almost to the James Harden degree. No one gets on Harden for that b/c the guy drops 30 a night. Also Rondo would further limit RayMac's mins which would be a negative as well.
[ Edited by Frisco69ers on Jul 3, 2015 at 6:35 AM ]
At this point we could go all in on Harris or DJ lol.
This is f**king embarrassing. And I couldn't be more sick of drafting someone with a top 10 pick, then trading them a year or two later.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
This is f**king embarrassing. And I couldn't be more sick of drafting someone with a top 10 pick, then trading them a year or two later.

yep, just like Thomas Robinson
You know who we should bring back since we need a 2nd SG. K-MART!!!!!

• MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Let's review: Wes and Monta both chose to take less money to play for better teams.

That doesn't mean no one wants to play here. That's only 2 players. 16 mlll for a guy off an ACL is crazy anyway.

The reason I am so against Rondo is b/c he just flat out gives up on plays. Like almost to the James Harden degree. No one gets on Harden for that b/c the guy drops 30 a night. Also Rondo would further limit RayMac's mins which would be a negative as well.

I'd like to mention that the tax rate is so high in CA that these guys weren't really taking less money. Probably just about equal money. Still they are chosing other teams when the money is close to even. Still some good FA's out there, I'm not worried. Yet.
Originally posted by Muggins:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

I'd like to mention that the tax rate is so high in CA that these guys weren't really taking less money. Probably just about equal money. Still they are chosing other teams when the money is close to even. Still some good FA's out there, I'm not worried. Yet.

Tobias Harris and bring back Acy!
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/07/sacramento-kings-free-agency-josh-smith-lou-williams-rajon-rondo-dumpster-fire

The Kings appear to be targeting guys to support DeMarcus Cousins (who needs shooters to surround him) by going after Rajon Rondo (who can't shoot), Josh Smith (who can't shoot) and Lou Williams (a shooting guard who shot 34% from 3 last year.) This isn't how you build an NBA team. This is how you build a dumpster fire.

The Kings need to get out of this way of thinking. They cleared cap space. If they can't do givesies-backsies on the 76ers deal, they need to calm down, sign some good players to short deals, and hope they can repair the relationship with Cousins enough to keep him around. They've got a nice draft pick in Willie Caulie-Stein. They need to be patient.

I agree with this, don't just sign guys for the sake of signing anyone!
hell lets just sign Rondo and then trade him back to Boston for Isaiah!
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/07/sacramento-kings-free-agency-josh-smith-lou-williams-rajon-rondo-dumpster-fire

The Kings appear to be targeting guys to support DeMarcus Cousins (who needs shooters to surround him) by going after Rajon Rondo (who can't shoot), Josh Smith (who can't shoot) and Lou Williams (a shooting guard who shot 34% from 3 last year.) This isn't how you build an NBA team. This is how you build a dumpster fire.

The Kings need to get out of this way of thinking. They cleared cap space. If they can't do givesies-backsies on the 76ers deal, they need to calm down, sign some good players to short deals, and hope they can repair the relationship with Cousins enough to keep him around. They've got a nice draft pick in Willie Caulie-Stein. They need to be patient.

I agree with this, don't just sign guys for the sake of signing anyone!

agreed, Josh Smith would be a disaster here as well
Share 49ersWebzone