LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 359 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

Originally posted by zonkers:
I read that the Kings are getting rights to an international player. Dario Saric?

Not Saric. Reported that we got two guys they just took in the 2nd round. Arturas Gudaitis and Luka Mitrovic. Gudaitis looks pretty good in his YouTube clips -- big center who can move, kinda looked like Nurkic. Mitrovic didn't wow me. Not sure if either has plans to ever come over.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Heard Wes Matthews went and visited Rudy's Camp he's doing in Sacramento this week. That's seems like a good thing. Also heard James Ham on the Rise Guys a little while ago and he said on a 1-10 scale of Rondo signing with the Kings he said it was a 9.
[ Edited by Muggins on Jul 2, 2015 at 5:13 PM ]
Originally posted by Muggins:
Heard Wes Matthews went and visited Rudy's Camp he's doing in Sacramento this week. That's seems like a good thing. Also heard James Ham on the Rise Guys a little while ago and he said on a 1-10 scale of Rondo signing with the Kings he said it was a 9.

Let's hope not, Rondo is a joke
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Let's hope not, Rondo is a joke

Yeah I just don't know. I've heard he is basically a lunatic. But there's always that hope that his boy Rudy might be able to keep him in check. Also George Karl seems to do well with sketchy characters (other than Boogie I guess). If it's a fairly cheap contract then I'm up for it.

Oh also James Ham said on a 1-10 scale Wes Matthews signs with us he said a 6.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
[ Edited by Muggins on Jul 2, 2015 at 6:35 PM ]
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 28s28 seconds ago
Wes Matthews Update: Sacramento offer to free-agent swingman is actually four-year deal at $16 million annually for total of $64 million

Damn, the kings are pathetic
4/64 is a hell of a lot of money for a guy coming off a torn achilles. Seems like a bit of a panic move to me after not getting Monta.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
4/64 is a hell of a lot of money for a guy coming off a torn achilles. Seems like a bit of a panic move to me after not getting Monta.

The cap goes way up next year. Fugg it.

The cap goes way up next year. Fugg it.

Sure but being smart with the money is still important. Maybe Mathews will be fine and great for the Kings. I just think its way too much even with the cap going up.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Sure but being smart with the money is still important. Maybe Mathews will be fine and great for the Kings. I just think its way too much even with the cap going up.

Willing to take a lot less to play for Dallas. This seems to be a theme right now.
Was starting to get geared up for Wes, so that's a letdown.

Hoping we don't simply replace the contracts of JT/Landry with similar, mediocre bench dudes. Just keep the $$ and go for difference makers elsewhere.

Starting to think the trade route will be the way to go...we've got the space to take on somebody -- Holiday? Lawson? Deron Williams? I don't know.

Originally posted by SacRock14:
Was starting to get geared up for Wes, so that's a letdown.

Hoping we don't simply replace the contracts of JT/Landry with similar, mediocre bench dudes. Just keep the $$ and go for difference makers elsewhere.

Starting to think the trade route will be the way to go...we've got the space to take on somebody -- Holiday? Lawson? Deron Williams? I don't know.

I don't know either... just keep the cash. No one will come here until the FO isn't viewed as a joke and something happens with the DMC/Karl dynamic.

Best thing we can hope for is Ben Mac making a HUGE stride next year and holding down the 2 guard position. I got the feeling Kings just need to chill and focus on what they can do (if anything) to rectify the Karl/DMC issue.
Share 49ersWebzone