There are 215 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
guys I'm not asking about the reasons for being traded. (thats obvious)

Im asking about how Sign & Trade works. Does S&T apply to UFAs also??

Why would the Pelicans do a S&T for Tyreke, if they can just have if anyway for their contract without giving anything up?? (Makes no sense)

He is a RFA. The Kings can always cockblock.
Originally posted by 9erReign:

Why would the Pelicans do a S&T for Tyreke, if they can just have if anyway for their contract without giving anything up?? (Makes no sense)

Im not asking if he is a RFA, thats obv.

What the hell are you asking then? Cause you aren't making any sense.

Sign and trades: when it is beneficial to both team to have the original team sign the player then trade them to another team in return for assets. Yes it happens with UFA's too. For instance team A has young good player who they can sign to a max deal, team B doesn't have salary cap room to sign the player to a max but has assets they are willing to trade to team A. Or if the player decides he doesn't want to play for team A but wants a max contract, then team A can agree to a trade just to get a little more money for the player and assets back (see Rashard Lewis, LeBron James, Chris Bosh, etc).

There is no way that the Pelicans can just sign Tyreke for free unless the Kings don't match. So what is your question?

What the hell are you asking then? Cause you aren't making any sense.

Sign and trades: when it is beneficial to both team to have the original team sign the player then trade them to another team in return for assets. Yes it happens with UFA's too. For instance team A has young good player who they can sign to a max deal, team B doesn't have salary cap room to sign the player to a max but has assets they are willing to trade to team A. Or if the player decides he doesn't want to play for team A but wants a max contract, then team A can agree to a trade just to get a little more money for the player and assets back (see Rashard Lewis, LeBron James, Chris Bosh, etc).

There is no way that the Pelicans can just sign Tyreke for free unless the Kings don't match. So what is your question?

I was asking how it works. Just to me outside of Team B not having a salary cap issue, i dont see why teams do S&T all the time. And its just for the NBA right? no other sport does S&T (correct?)
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Haha.. https://vine.co/v/haLmYIT1BUZ
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
NBA Legion ‏@MySportsLegion5m
Kings are closing in on an agreement with free agent Andre Iguodala.

I was asking how it works. Just to me outside of Team B not having a salary cap issue, i dont see why teams do S&T all the time. And its just for the NBA right? no other sport does S&T (correct?)

Basically Team A saying that they are going to match Team B's offer for the player but if you want him that bad we'll sign him to a bigger contract for you and take one of your players. Team A basically owns the player's rights as an UFA.
Originally posted by Muggins:

Dayum. Heard it would be a max deal. How much would that be
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by marshniners24:

Not sure. 14, 15, 16? Something like that?
I hope not, that's too much for Iggy!

Originally posted by marshniners24:

Not sure. 14, 15, 16? Something like that?

I think Iggy is the perfect player for you guys. Very good veteran player... but that's a lot of money lol
I can live with 14 I guess but that means bye bye tyreke and I feel tyreke has more upside still. Man idk. If we get Iggy then we still need a true point, Calderon?

Calderon
Mclemore
Iggy
Patterson
Cuz

That's still not a very good team lol
[ Edited by marshniners24 on Jul 2, 2013 at 7:18 PM ]
I saw on twitter Iggy wants to play PG? Lol
Kings offered him a 4 year $56 million deal
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Sacramento is offering free agent Andre Iguodala a four year, approximately $56 million contract, league sources tell Y! Sports.; Adrian Wojnarowski
Share 49ersWebzone