There are 141 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

My son said, what the hell he doesn't even have a C in his name.
FO has no idea what they are doing. The fact they said they envision Stauskas and Ben playing in the backcourt together is laughable.
Wrong thread
[ Edited by valrod33 on Jun 26, 2014 at 5:54 PM ]
stauskas next klay thompson, mclemore next ray allen ?
Jimmer 2.0?
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Jimmer 2.0?

Nah, much better/suited for NBA. Still a bad pick though.
Where's all the action?
Boring
It was definitely uneventful, especially after all the talk, but I really like Stauskas. He's not just a shooter -- good athlete, good handles, good feel for the game. I don't know what the plan is with the rest of the roster, but I'll give them the rest of the summer to figure it out. You know they're not done. And they say McLemore is still in good graces, but this at least makes him a viable asset in trades.

And by the way, it's about damn time one of these good college shooters actually becomes a good shooter with the Kings. Damn. Seems like these guys -- Jimmer, McLemore, how far you wanna go back, Douby? -- forget how to make shots when they hit Sacramento. Stauskas needs to break that mold. 44% on threes at about 5 attempts per game? That's really good. Please translate it to the pros.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
FO has no idea what they are doing. The fact they said they envision Stauskas and Ben playing in the backcourt together is laughable.

IMO they're BSing to keep Ben's value up. There's no way he sticks now. That'd make Stauskas a wasted pick.

If report of interest in Livingston is true I can dig it. Better passer than IT, will definitely set people up and run the offense. But I can support it if and ONLY if we use IT in a S&T for a legit PF or something.

In addition to the Livingston tidbit, Sam Amick also quoted a source saying Isaiah Thomas' market value is $4-6 million. We'd be foolish not to match that, IMO.

People are really going to miss Isaiah's ability to score if he leaves. A Livingston-McLemore backcourt creates nothing of its own offense. You're relying completely on Rudy Gay jumpers and DeMarcus. We've had the Isaiah debate before on here...I think everyone knows where I stand. But at $4-6 mill, I think that's a steal.
Originally posted by SacRock14:
In addition to the Livingston tidbit, Sam Amick also quoted a source saying Isaiah Thomas' market value is $4-6 million. We'd be foolish not to match that, IMO.

People are really going to miss Isaiah's ability to score if he leaves. A Livingston-McLemore backcourt creates nothing of its own offense. You're relying completely on Rudy Gay jumpers and DeMarcus. We've had the Isaiah debate before on here...I think everyone knows where I stand. But at $4-6 mill, I think that's a steal.

It would definitely be worth it to pay him that much.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

IMO they're BSing to keep Ben's value up. There's no way he sticks now. That'd make Stauskas a wasted pick.

If report of interest in Livingston is true I can dig it. Better passer than IT, will definitely set people up and run the offense. But I can support it if and ONLY if we use IT in a S&T for a legit PF or something.

I hope so, because right now I don't have a lot of confidence this FO has a plan. Just the fact alone that we have a HC that preaches D and a GM/owner that seem fascinated with small ball worries me.

I hope so, because right now I don't have a lot of confidence this FO has a plan. Just the fact alone that we have a HC that preaches D and a GM/owner that seem fascinated with small ball worries me.

Who were you hoping for? There were defensive guys out there, I'm just curious.
Originally posted by SacRock14:

Who were you hoping for? There were defensive guys out there, I'm just curious.

Honestly I wanted a trade. I wanted a proven player back and maybe a later pick. And with all of the salary dump trades that went down with players that filled needs for us, I feel they could have traded. I don't have a problem with Stauskas, I have a problem with what I perceive is a lack of direction and plan to put together a cohesive team.
Share 49ersWebzone