There are 246 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

• MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by Muggins:
On PTI earlier they said WE want Kenny Smith and HE's the one thinking about it. lmao

Lol, makes sense though. Announcer is a good gig. Say what you want, make money with no pressure. You have to produce as a GM.

I guess but I have a hard time believing Vivek would hire a rookie Coach and a GM that has been doing a comedy show on TNT for years to start the Franchise with the Draft in two weeks. If it was some other role I could see but straight up GM? lol We'll see how it shakes out.. maybe we'll have a 3-headed Monster GM.
On PTI earlier they said WE want Kenny Smith and HE's the one thinking about it. lmao

Lol, makes sense though. Announcer is a good gig. Say what you want, make money with no pressure. You have to produce as a GM.

I guess but I have a hard time believing Vivek would hire a rookie Coach and a GM that has been doing a comedy show on TNT for years to start the Franchise with the Draft in two weeks. If it was some other role I could see but straight up GM? lol We'll see how it shakes out.. maybe we'll have a 3-headed Monster GM.

I agree. We will see. I don't see it though.

By the way, the jet when the uni's were awesome

i totally agree, but Malone is a rookie HC, but he is well respected and has coached for years.

Kenny Smith is a joke as a GM IMO
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
I agree. We will see. I don't see it though.

By the way, the jet when the uni's were awesome

Word. Although I liked the road black uniforms during late 90's early 2000's.

Also, one of my first memories of Kings basketball was Kenny Smith doing the between the legs, off the backboard dunk at the dunk contest.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
i totally agree, but Malone is a rookie HC, but he is well respected and has coached for years.

Kenny Smith is a joke as a GM IMO

I was just watching a vid of them working out Trey Burke from the other day.. check out Coach.. especially about halfway through the vid..

http://www.nba.com/kings/video/2013/06/07/TreyBworkoutmov-2502525
Word. Although I liked the road black uniforms during late 90's early 2000's.

Also, one of my first memories of Kings basketball was Kenny Smith doing the between the legs, off the backboard dunk at the dunk contest.

My dad had season tickets when they came back in 85. I watched all the old school guys back then. I still have the basketball card sets from the 80s and early 90s
Lets go
I can't wait for them to name a gm and president
Originally posted by pdizo916:

no one curr about whos president
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by pdizo916:

no one curr about whos president

It does kunda matter imo. They may be the same person as the gm...

It's a miracle that the Kings are staying. Let's go KINGS!!!!!
Ready to get a GM and start doing work.
move up to get porter. Stop being conservative, show some balls, and move up in the draft.
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) -- The Sacramento Kings have hired Chris Jent as an assistant on new coach Mike Malone's staff.

Malone announced the move Monday, citing Jent's experience as both acollege and pro assistant.

The 43-year-old Jent joins the Kings from Ohio State. Jent had been an assistant at his alma mater since 2011 and helped lead the Buckeyes to the Final Four in 2012.

He also served as an assistant with Philadelphia and Orlando and coached the final 18 games for the Magic in 2005 after head coach Johnny Davis was let go. Jent was also the director of player development for Cleveland from November 2006 to 2009, before being promoted to assistant coach.

Malone's father, Brendan, will also be an assistant on the staff.

http://www.nba.com/2013/news/06/10/kings-chris-jent.ap/
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Ready to get a GM and start doing work.

Would they wait until close to the end of the month because Petrie's contract goes through June 30th?
Share 49ersWebzone