There are 197 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
What do you guys think of Jordan Hamilton in Denver. I saw him at Texas where he was a lights out shooter who could rebound quite well. He's not getting any minutes because of players infront of him. (both the 2-3) If AI resigns with Denver, i think he may be expendable if Gallinari comes back healthy in time for training camp. I think a future second would do.

well if PDA likes him, b/c im sure he knows that team inside/out we could acquire him. A FA i like alot who could help us is Chase Budinger. Mans plays with a mean streak and is a good SF.

IS chase a FA this year? Da faq?!?!
What do you guys think of Jordan Hamilton in Denver. I saw him at Texas where he was a lights out shooter who could rebound quite well. He's not getting any minutes because of players infront of him. (both the 2-3) If AI resigns with Denver, i think he may be expendable if Gallinari comes back healthy in time for training camp. I think a future second would do.

well if PDA likes him, b/c im sure he knows that team inside/out we could acquire him. A FA i like alot who could help us is Chase Budinger. Mans plays with a mean streak and is a good SF.

pretty sure, he would be a cheaper sign to, and could contribute right away at SF. Budinger >> Salmons
Jordan Hamilton is a cool dude, My brother in law lives in Denver and use to work at Vans in one of the Malls, Hamilton use to go in that store a lot and my brother in law and him started talking a lot, I wouldnt say they became friends but they talked everytime he was in the store. Hamilton invited him to a couple of parties and was always giving him free tickets to the game. No one from Hamiltons family would ever go to the game since he never played so he would hook my brother in law up with tickets

pretty sure, he would be a cheaper sign to, and could contribute right away at SF. Budinger >> Salmons
Chase is RFA
Originally posted by valrod33:
Jordan Hamilton is a cool dude, My brother in law lives in Denver and use to work at Vans in one of the Malls, Hamilton use to go in that store a lot and my brother in law and him started talking a lot, I wouldnt say they became friends but they talked everytime he was in the store. Hamilton invited him to a couple of parties and was always giving him free tickets to the game. No one from Hamiltons family would ever go to the game since he never played so he would hook my brother in law up with tickets

I wish some dude gave me basketball tickets. The only NBA athletes i saw in person were Baron Davis and Robin Lopez-same day, different time.

Oh man, Los Angeles! How I miss thee.
[ Edited by pdizo916 on Jun 25, 2013 at 10:49 AM ]
Originally posted by sacniner:
Dude hasn't gotten an oppurtunity on this s**t, selfish team. He shows improvement and flashes. And he did get shafted here. He is at least as good as Thornton if he got the same oppurtunities.

Whoa. I know you dislike Thornton, but do you really believe that?
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Dude hasn't gotten an oppurtunity on this s**t, selfish team. He shows improvement and flashes. And he did get shafted here. He is at least as good as Thornton if he got the same oppurtunities.

Maybe, if he got the same oppurtunity Thornton got. Remember when Thornton came here? He played less then ten min a game with NO. Averaged less then eight. Once they actually ran plays for him and he was encouraged to score, he proved that he can score in bunches. You just never know until you give an NBA two guard that freedom. Almost all two guards that make it to the NBA can score if they have plays designed for them and don't have to worry about being pulled from the game if they miss a few. That doesn't necessarily translate to wins, but a lot of these guys can score. Jimmer can shoot, that is why he is in the NBA. He also improved on those runners and floaters. If he had the confidence of his team and coaching staff, had plays designed for him, and got consistent minutes I think he can score in bunches like Thornton.

I'm not sure how efficient he would be though. Like Thornton, I think he would be a streaky scorer.
This thread is probably the most active thread in the "other sports" section besides the SA vs MIA finals.

Maybe, if he got the same oppurtunity Thornton got. Remember when Thornton came here? He played less then ten min a game with NO. Averaged less then eight. Once they actually ran plays for him and he was encouraged to score, he proved that he can score in bunches. You just never know until you give an NBA two guard that freedom. Almost all two guards that make it to the NBA can score if they have plays designed for them and don't have to worry about being pulled from the game if they miss a few. That doesn't necessarily translate to wins, but a lot of these guys can score. Jimmer can shoot, that is why he is in the NBA. He also improved on those runners and floaters. If he had the confidence of his team and coaching staff, had plays designed for him, and got consistent minutes I think he can score in bunches like Thornton.

I'm not sure how efficient he would be though. Like Thornton, I think he would be a streaky scorer.

I agree that Jimmer would benefit from a greater opportunity (who wouldn't). But he's nowhere close to the scorer Thornton is, IMO. Thornton is a guy you can put on an island and he'll make something happen. Jimmer's problem is he needs help to create open looks. He can't beat defenders off the dribble and really has no counter moves if his initial move is stopped. Not as strong as Marcus, can't score around the basket as well as Marcus. As a spot up shooter, yeah, he can be lights out.

I'm not dead set on moving Jimmer, but if a guard is drafted at #7, something has got to give. If we can move Jimmer for a late first-rounder and our new management can handpick another player that fits their model, I'm all for it.
I agree that Jimmer would benefit from a greater opportunity (who wouldn't). But he's nowhere close to the scorer Thornton is, IMO. Thornton is a guy you can put on an island and he'll make something happen. Jimmer's problem is he needs help to create open looks. He can't beat defenders off the dribble and really has no counter moves if his initial move is stopped. Not as strong as Marcus, can't score around the basket as well as Marcus. As a spot up shooter, yeah, he can be lights out.

I'm not dead set on moving Jimmer, but if a guard is drafted at #7, something has got to give. If we can move Jimmer for a late first-rounder and our new management can handpick another player that fits their model, I'm all for it.

Good points Scott. Jimmer may be a better shooter, but at this point he cannot beat defenders off of the dribble. He is more of a catch and shoot, or off of screens type guy. Maybe my dislike of Thornton made me clouded

If we can get a first rounder for Jimmer, especially in the late teens to early 20 range that is a no brainer. But would a team really give that up for Jimmer?

Kings extend qualifying offer to Reke. Officially a restricted FA: http://www.nba.com/kings/news/kings-extend-qualifying-offer-tyreke-evans
Good points Scott. Jimmer may be a better shooter, but at this point he cannot beat defenders off of the dribble. He is more of a catch and shoot, or off of screens type guy. Maybe my dislike of Thornton made me clouded

If we can get a first rounder for Jimmer, especially in the late teens to early 20 range that is a no brainer. But would a team really give that up for Jimmer?

That's the question. I wouldn't think so. Only team I could see is Utah, who has two first-rounders, maybe not big on the prospects in the 21 range and rolls the dice with the local kid who will drum up excitement. They could grab a big at 14 and send 21 to Sac for Jimmer.
Kings extend qualifying offer to Reke. Officially a restricted FA: http://www.nba.com/kings/news/kings-extend-qualifying-offer-tyreke-evans

Originally posted by btthepunk:

This
I'm so fired up the kings are bringing in shaq to help develop/mentor demarcus
Share 49ersWebzone