LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

I just have a personal vendetta against him being our starting pg
Originally posted by marshniners24:

haha, ok. I won't try to be rational anymore.
Originally posted by SacRock14:

you totally blew me away with your bball stats, facts, and knowledge up there anyway. Bow down to the great SacRock

you totally blew me away with your bball stats, facts, and knowledge up there anyway. Bow down to the great SacRock

That's more like it.
^ lol

I hesitate to open up the Isaiah thing again, but to still have people complaining about him after his 4 starts....I just don't get it. We're either just watching the game differently or you're judging him based on some previous ideas you developed.

To even think that having Greivis back would be better? Wow. Do you remember how slow we started those games? Isaiah was always bailing us out.

7.3 assists per game in 4 starts. That's with a 2 assist (29 point) game in Phoenix where his SG's went 2-for-13 and Cousins 5-for-16. Didn't even attempt a shot in the first quarter yesterday. This isn't a Brandon Jennings chucker shooting sub 40%. He's shooting 47% (!) on the season.

His scoring is a massively important part of this offense. Who exactly do you want him to keep setting up that he's apparently neglecting? Cousins is in the post, so Gay hasn't been shooting enough? McLemore (1 FG made in each of last four games)? Who?

Sorry. I'm lost.

Thank you good sir!
^ lol

I hesitate to open up the Isaiah thing again, but to still have people complaining about him after his 4 starts....I just don't get it. We're either just watching the game differently or you're judging him based on some previous ideas you developed.

To even think that having Greivis back would be better? Wow. Do you remember how slow we started those games? Isaiah was always bailing us out.

7.3 assists per game in 4 starts. That's with a 2 assist (29 point) game in Phoenix where his SG's went 2-for-13 and Cousins 5-for-16. Didn't even attempt a shot in the first quarter yesterday. This isn't a Brandon Jennings chucker shooting sub 40%. He's shooting 47% (!) on the season.

His scoring is a massively important part of this offense. Who exactly do you want him to keep setting up that he's apparently neglecting? Cousins is in the post, so Gay hasn't been shooting enough? McLemore (1 FG made in each of last four games)? Who?

Sorry. I'm lost.

Good post. Coming off of the bench, his role was different. Honestly, I liked him as a scorer and of course his energy/passion, etc., but I did have some doubts on whether he could distribute the ball well and get others involved. Setup the offense and not dribble too much and only look for his own shot. He has shut me the hell up and proven without a doubt he is a high level starting player in this league. And that isn't me overreacting. Dude is just good. He scores surprisingly efficiently considering his size and all the jumpers he takes. He is fearless going to the rim and he has been dropping dimes. His assists numbers are great.

Also, seems as if his teammates like him and got his back. If he was a black hole type player, especially at PG, I don't think the locker room would support him like they have. I don't expect them to all of a sudden rattle off 10 straight wins, but I really look forward to watching them play. Really do... Now, if only the homie Ray Ray could get some back up PG minutes I would be even more ecstatic. Jimmer is not the answer at backup PG in the NBA. He is strictly a shooter.
Finally you guys are starting to side with me about Jimmer lol
Finally you guys are starting to side with me about Jimmer lol

Ha! I never said he was a PG. Dude can't handle the ball well enough. I wanted him to get more oppurtunities as a shooter, but I'm getting over that as well. For his own good, he needs to (and will) go somewhere else next year. Or, they should try and move him. IMO, he is as good as Thornton though and I'm glad you guys are now realizing that Thornton isn't good. Sac fans got WAY too excited with that one dimensional dude.
Rajon Rondo? Really? Heard this on KNBR this morning. Kings are making a big time play for Rajon. What pieces do we have left to trade? What does Rondo do for the team?
No way this team is trading Ben McLemore. I can't see them dealing away that many players and picks to get Rondo, but if you believe what's printed in the Bleacher Report...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1892026-sacramento-kings-reportedly-preparing-blockbuster-trade-offer-for-rajon-rondo

Originally posted by billbird2111:
Rajon Rondo? Really? Heard this on KNBR this morning. Kings are making a big time play for Rajon. What pieces do we have left to trade? What does Rondo do for the team?

Rondo would be crazy for this team. I hope we wouldn't have to give up Mclemore in a deal for him though which is what I've seen
IT
Ben and like 2 firsts lololol not gonna happen.

I'd probably do our first for him cause adding Rondo to a front court with 2 20 point scorers would be crazy
I would trade Rondo for our first this year, Thorton, and Ben MC OR Thomas. But that's it. I'm not giving them both Thomas AND Ben with a pick.

edit: to give up Thompson and 2 first round picks with addition to thomas and ben is excessive for one player. I would trade Thomas, this year's pick, Thorton, and a filler for Rondo. But that wouldn't be appealing for the celts.
[ Edited by pdizo916 on Dec 17, 2013 at 10:49 AM ]
I would rather make a play for MKG from the bobcats. He's officially available. He'll give us that defensive wing that this team needs IMO. He shouldn't be that expensive to get either.
Sam Amick is usually accurate, especially when it comes to the Kings, and he says that this deal will not happen. Neither side has talke about it... but who knows.
i rather build through the draft and add FA's likeOKC did.
Share 49ersWebzone