LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 198 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by SacRock14:
I'll admit Isaiah had a bad week and you can find fault with certain plays here and there, but I don't get this hate.

He primarily plays on a line with Fredette/Thornton (two sub-.391 shooters), Salmons (.348 shooter), Patterson (who is finally finding his touch) and Chuck Hayes. His job is to score. We have ZERO reliable perimeter scorers outside of Isaiah. And he's certainly earned the right to force it now and then -- guy is scoring 17 points per game in 27 minutes. And still averaging 4.6 assists per game playing with a collection of stiffs.

By comparison, Greivis Vasquez, a guy who looks to pass first/second/third, is posting 5.2 assists per game.

I don't see the problem and hope he stays just as aggressive. I'll take my chances with him all day.

Marsh and I worked out a trade so IT is gone for you. The Kings get Speights and Douglas for Patterson and IT. Oh, I think we got a first rd pick too.

And Cousins
I'll admit Isaiah had a bad week and you can find fault with certain plays here and there, but I don't get this hate.

He primarily plays on a line with Fredette/Thornton (two sub-.391 shooters), Salmons (.348 shooter), Patterson (who is finally finding his touch) and Chuck Hayes. His job is to score. We have ZERO reliable perimeter scorers outside of Isaiah. And he's certainly earned the right to force it now and then -- guy is scoring 17 points per game in 27 minutes. And still averaging 4.6 assists per game playing with a collection of stiffs.

By comparison, Greivis Vasquez, a guy who looks to pass first/second/third, is posting 5.2 assists per game.

I don't see the problem and hope he stays just as aggressive. I'll take my chances with him all day.

Thank you. I completely agree. He's been one of the few bright spots the last few years and is playing great ball. Two sub par games and people get the pitchforks out because he didn't pass to John frikkin Salmons in the corner at the end of the game. I know I'd much rather have IT taking that shot.
Originally posted by TTown9ers:

Thank you. I completely agree. He's been one of the few bright spots the last few years and is playing great ball. Two sub par games and people get the pitchforks out because he didn't pass to John frikkin Salmons in the corner at the end of the game. I know I'd much rather have IT taking that shot.

We've sure won a lot of games in the last 2 years lol
Originally posted by TTown9ers:

People, including myself, were just upset after the GS game. I think emotional reactions were rampant among Kings' fans. IT is very good off of the bench, and its hard not to like the intensity he plays with. He is VERY undersized and makes up for it with an oversized heart. I think one of his biggest flaws (trying to do too much sometimes or not looking for his teammates) was really exposed on that final possession. I was most upset with the fact that he seemed selfish on that drive. But, its over and almost all Kings' fans love IT. His primary responsibility is to add a spark and be a scorer, but when he comes in as the primary ball handler and facilitator, it would be nice if he could set others up and look for them better.
Originally posted by sacniner:
People, including myself, were just upset after the GS game. I think emotional reactions were rampant among Kings' fans. IT is very good off of the bench, and its hard not to like the intensity he plays with. He is VERY undersized and makes up for it with an oversized heart. I think one of his biggest flaws (trying to do too much sometimes or not looking for his teammates) was really exposed on that final possession. I was most upset with the fact that he seemed selfish on that drive. But, its over and almost all Kings' fans love IT. His primary responsibility is to add a spark and be a scorer, but when he comes in as the primary ball handler and facilitator, it would be nice if he could set others up and look for them better.

This is a great post
Originally posted by marshniners24:

This is a great post

It is. He will be good coming off the bench for the Warriors.
We've sure won a lot of games in the last 2 years lol

You're right. It's all ITs fault that we stink
When did they start calling Cousins "Boogie"?

This is a great post

The emotional reaction is fine. He was super lazy with some of those passes and that's not like him.

But other than that last play, I don't see the selfish play. Dude is all team. And again, stats aren't everything but his assist rate on a line with some awful offensive players is pretty impressive to me.

If stats are your thing...he's 12th in the NBA in usage percentage and 17th in PER. I don't know what that means exactly, but it really really proves my point.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

College. Rod Strickland was an assistant at Kentucky and said Cousins had boogie because of some of his moves.

College. Rod Strickland was an assistant at Kentucky and said Cousins had boogie because of some of his moves.

I like it.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran

Cool. I actually didn't know that Rod Strickland started that. I knew it came from his year at Kentucky but yeah.. good knowledge.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Cousins is inactive tonight because of an "ankle sprain".
Originally posted by Muggins:
Cousins is inactive tonight because of an "ankle sprain".

Gonna get piped :(
Raped
Share 49ersWebzone