There are 161 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

Originally posted by marshniners24:
Aaaaaand same old sorry ass kings

Steady improvement. That's what you hope to see. I saw it last night. The old Kings would have folded and gone away quietly. Instead, this group stepped it up in the final period and nearly pulled it out.

Our fortunes are not going to turn around overnight. The Kings need to bring the defensive tenacity they showed in the final period to every single second of every single game. It hasn't happened yet. But you can see flickers of life there.

This early into the season and under a new regime? It's the best you can hope for. They are only going to get better.

Steady, solid improvement. They'll get there.

In 1998-99, the lockout shortened season, even with the addition of Chris Webber, Vlade Divac and Jason Williams, the team started out poorly. They really didn't catch fire until the final month, when they finished with a 10-5 record. But those first two months (6-7 and and 8-11) were nothing to write home about. The new players took time to get comfortable with one another.

But, as the season wore on, they did. And this year's squad will come to that same comfort level. I'm interested to see what this team does in February and March -- not so much now. I was not expecting an overnight miracle.
Nice post! ^
well we def are putting up a better fight than we would have in previous years...
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:
He got hit in the nuts yesterday while screening someone (Muggins, can you find the video of this? I know its out there) and he got called for the foul. He wasn't moving or anything.

Carmichael Dave posted a Vine about it.

https://vine.co/v/hIaHYvzKKqA
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
well we def are putting up a better fight than we would have in previous years...

Thats because you finally have a head coach that stresses defense a bit.
Originally posted by Muggins:
He got hit in the nuts yesterday while screening someone (Muggins, can you find the video of this? I know its out there) and he got called for the foul. He wasn't moving or anything.

That's BS. That should have been called. I can see how that might affect his game.

Thanks.... that was such BS. It was bad. That dude should be suspended a game for that. Cousins did last year.
Nice post! ^

I didn't get to watch the whole game, but was listening on the radio. I guess at one point things got so bad that the crowd started to boo. I was surprised to hear it. I did get home in time to watch the final quarter. Nearly switched over to "The Natural" at one point when things looked really bad, thinking (like you) "same old Kings."

But then they started to draw close and it got real interesting. The team kept me until the bitter end. Can't say that about the previous six, miserable, years.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Nice post! ^

I didn't get to watch the whole game, but was listening on the radio. I guess at one point things got so bad that the crowd started to boo. I was surprised to hear it. I did get home in time to watch the final quarter. Nearly switched over to "The Natural" at one point when things looked really bad, thinking (like you) "same old Kings."

But then they started to draw close and it got real interesting. The team kept me until the bitter end. Can't say that about the previous six, miserable, years.

Yea they started to boo. They deserved it too, they were playing with no energy, playing no defense and not rebounding.
And yea I almost turned it off but I just felt the game could still be won
[ Edited by marshniners24 on Nov 6, 2013 at 10:58 AM ]
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Haha remember this guy? Doesn't seem like the type of dude to have a twitter but he does.

Dude use to hunt out on my friends property in GV lol
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
GV? Grass Valley?

But yeah dude always is hunting. I think I remember a story where he was hunting around outside near Arco lol
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
One of the few early bright spots for us so far..

That was tough to watch knowing that my boy Ben plays for such a s**tty ass franchise.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:

That was tough to watch knowing that my boy Ben plays for such a s**tty ass franchise.

Not gonna be s**tty for much longer. You do know the Maloofs slithered back into their hole in New Mexico right?
Share 49ersWebzone