LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Keep Boogie. Screw all these teams trying to lowball the Kings for him.

You don't trade away the best center in the league when the league is completely bereft of elite centers
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
I don't even care that we wouldn't get equal value for him. You can never get a full team chemistry going with him on the squad. Dude is always railroading someone, whether it be a team mate, the coach, the refs, other players, announcers... It's too bad he's like one of the nicest sweetest dudes irl off the court. That's the thing I'd miss about Boogie is the stuff he does for the community and the kids.
Originally posted by MuggD:
I don't even care that we wouldn't get equal value for him. You can never get a full team chemistry going with him on the squad. Dude is always railroading someone, whether it be a team mate, the coach, the refs, other players, announcers... It's too bad he's like one of the nicest sweetest dudes irl off the court. That's the thing I'd miss about Boogie is the stuff he does for the community and the kids.

Well one thing is for sure. If you trade Cousins the Kings will be a contender for the top pick in the draft. This is a team without a lot of talent surrounding him given all the draft screw ups that they have made over the years. I wouldnt trade him unless I was getting multiple first round picks over 2 drafts from a bad team and a chance to get 2 picks at the top of the draft.
Originally posted by crzy:
Keep Boogie. Screw all these teams trying to lowball the Kings for him.

You don't trade away the best center in the league when the league is completely bereft of elite centers

crzy sighting!
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Well one thing is for sure. If you trade Cousins the Kings will be a contender for the top pick in the draft. This is a team without a lot of talent surrounding him given all the draft screw ups that they have made over the years. I wouldnt trade him unless I was getting multiple first round picks over 2 drafts from a bad team and a chance to get 2 picks at the top of the draft.

They aren't going to trade him. He's on a great contract for a few more years. This is just more about how I'm tired of his on court antics.

He's in the Skills Competition tonight btw lol, should be interesting.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Cousins will never get his act together until he is off the Kings. The Kings keep rewarding him for his antics and he has learned that that it is ok.

But he is the best daily fantasy basketball player ever!!!! Hope he doesn't get traded.

So if you were an elite player and you have been on a sucky team your whole career, if he is pissed and frustrated, he needs to get his act together?

GTFO, this team is pathetic, he cares more about this team's success more than anyone in the whole organization.

Antics when Cousins gets pissed, but when Harbaugh acts like a f*ckin child he's just passionate. Cousins is getting the Cam treatment.

That is 100% true.

That is probably true but he's been pissed and frustrated since he was born. The reason teams passed on him in the draft is the exact thing I'm citing about him 6 YEARS IN. And I don't recall Harbaugh getting all kinds of penalties, and costing his team points when he was a QB.

well it's a different sport, and the NBA doesn't allow it half as much as the NFL does
tell me Mugg, when has getting rid of a star from a bad team helped a team long term?

1) Chris Paul leaving NO

2) Howard leaving ORL

3) When Lebron 1st left CLE

4) BOS with Paul Pierce

5) Minny with Garnett

6) Sac with Webber

7) PHI with A.I.

8) Minn with Love

9) DEN with Carmelo

Well our very own perennial losers the s**tty Sacramento Kings traded Hall of Famer Mitch Richmond for Chris Webber and immediately went on an 8 year playoff run.

That list is not doing much for me. I agree on the Wolves trading Garnett to Boston and maybe the Chris Paul trade. The rest were either free agents or not stars anymore.

Howard was absolutely a star when forcing his way out of ORL

and what do you mean maybe with NO? They have been trash ever since.
[ Edited by TheXFactor on Feb 13, 2016 at 5:44 PM ]
  • MuggD
  • Veteran

Howard forced his way out Orlando had NO CHOICE.

New Orleans got Anthony Davis.

Can't believe you put Minn and Love tho tbph.
Originally posted by SFGiant49ers:
I'm surprised Corliss is still involved with them at all. Maybe he cant get anything better.

Yeah its pretty annoying that they are constantly in a "bad cycle" every season, no matter what the roster looks like. And as soon as they take a step forward, they take 5 back. When's the last time they actually had a decent defense? In all my years following the team, I don't recall them ever having much of a defense

Corliss was coaching college ball before the Kings brought him in. He wouldn't even be in the NBA right now if not for them.

The Kings team in like 2001/2002/2003 was ranked like #1 or #2 in defense. They had very good team defense kind of like the Warriors right now.

Damn, I don't remember them being so good on defense under Rick Adelman but I will take your word for it

and are they a good team? Are they really better off?
[ Edited by TheXFactor on Feb 14, 2016 at 10:59 AM ]

I'm surprised Corliss is still involved with them at all. Maybe he cant get anything better.

Yeah its pretty annoying that they are constantly in a "bad cycle" every season, no matter what the roster looks like. And as soon as they take a step forward, they take 5 back. When's the last time they actually had a decent defense? In all my years following the team, I don't recall them ever having much of a defense

Corliss was coaching college ball before the Kings brought him in. He wouldn't even be in the NBA right now if not for them.

The Kings team in like 2001/2002/2003 was ranked like #1 or #2 in defense. They had very good team defense kind of like the Warriors right now.

Damn, I don't remember them being so good on defense under Rick Adelman but I will take your word for it

We were way underrated on defense back then.

and are they a good team? Are they really better off?

They did make the playoffs last year so I wouldn't say totally trash.
I wonder if they decided to keep Karl because Luke Walton said he wouldn't entertain any head coaching positions during the season. Maybe they go all in on him after the season?

Just a thought.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by btthepunk:
I wonder if they decided to keep Karl because Luke Walton said he wouldn't entertain any head coaching positions during the season. Maybe they go all in on him after the season?

Just a thought.

Luke is headed to the Lakers or Knicks no doubt. Kings won't get Thibodeau either since he'll have a ton of suitors.

Kings should take a shot on Sam Cassell.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Just over at STR reading stuff and found this gem lol

Share 49ersWebzone