There are 137 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
My uncle Ranadiva the jed york of the nba.
Karl/Cousins is a bad mix. Cousins/almost any coach seems a bad mix. He's such a great talent, you hate to cut bait, even if you should. And the Kings absolutely will not, because the die was cast prior to the season when Karl said he wanted Cousins out and he was quickly rebuked by management. They would have fired Karl on the spot if not for owing him a ton of money. Cousins was empowered even more on that day, and hence we see what has happened.

And that's what's making the Kings wring their hands right now...they want Karl gone because they are all in on Cousins but they don't want to pay off George's contract. Karl is smart...he won't resign. He will hold on and collect his pay. But I expect the Kings will capitulate and fire Karl during the all star break because they will be limping in, and rather than do the right thing they will do the easy thing.

And Cousins will be further empowered.

And the cycle will begin again, just in a fancier new home.
[ Edited by reno9er on Feb 8, 2016 at 5:11 PM ]
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
What about Tom Thibodeau?

He gets his teams to actually play D, and he spent 4 years with Rondo in Boston.

He would be the first person I would call. The Kings need a tough defensive minded coach who can bring some discipline.

edit... Nevermind.. he is going to be the Knicks head coach. I wonder if that is the reason that Fisher got fired today in order to beat the Kings to the punch.

I would be shocked if Phil Jackson hires Thibodeau, I don't see that happening. But I've been wrong before.

Demarcus would never sign off on Thibodeau. Too much work.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
George Karl Reportedly to Be Fired Before 2016 NBA All-Star Break

link
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by MuggD:
Originally posted by SFGiant49ers:
If they fire Karl, who will they be able to hire that's decent at all at this point??

No body. Word is they will promote Corliss to HC and do another coach search in the offseason. If I was Corliss I'd say nah fuk that job.

the bad cycle never ends with this team.

I'm surprised Corliss is still involved with them at all. Maybe he cant get anything better.

Yeah its pretty annoying that they are constantly in a "bad cycle" every season, no matter what the roster looks like. And as soon as they take a step forward, they take 5 back. When's the last time they actually had a decent defense? In all my years following the team, I don't recall them ever having much of a defense
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFGiant49ers:
I'm surprised Corliss is still involved with them at all. Maybe he cant get anything better.

Yeah its pretty annoying that they are constantly in a "bad cycle" every season, no matter what the roster looks like. And as soon as they take a step forward, they take 5 back. When's the last time they actually had a decent defense? In all my years following the team, I don't recall them ever having much of a defense

Corliss was coaching college ball before the Kings brought him in. He wouldn't even be in the NBA right now if not for them.

The Kings team in like 2001/2002/2003 was ranked like #1 or #2 in defense. They had very good team defense kind of like the Warriors right now.
[ Edited by MuggD on Feb 9, 2016 at 5:56 AM ]
Just let the whole 2002 team coach us
I wish the Kings had a reality show right now. That would be TV gold every week.
Originally posted by JustinMT:
I wish the Kings had a reality show right now. That would be TV gold every week.

for real, we are like the Browns of the NBA
I'm not here to talk s**t. I really wanna know wtf is going on with Karl. So is he like a lame duck coach the rest of the year? Did they basically decide to ride it out and he'll be gone at the end of the year?

I'll have to say I'm surprised that the Kings haven't decided to fire Karl at this point. Like I said last night, that would have been the easiest thing for them to do even if it wasn't the right thing.

Let's see how much Cousins dogs the rest of this year...can't believe he's happy with the decision.
Originally posted by reno9er:
I'll have to say I'm surprised that the Kings haven't decided to fire Karl at this point. Like I said last night, that would have been the easiest thing for them to do even if it wasn't the right thing.

Let's see how much Cousins dogs the rest of this year...can't believe he's happy with the decision.

what's Karl like the 5th coach he's played under? (Just madness)
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I'm not here to talk s**t. I really wanna know wtf is going on with Karl. So is he like a lame duck coach the rest of the year? Did they basically decide to ride it out and he'll be gone at the end of the year?

If the season keeps going the way it has yes he's fired at the end. If for some weird reason s**t gets turned around then they might keep him.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran

Surprisingly what I've heard Cousins hasn't asked that Karl be fired. I think Rondo has convinced him Karl is a good thing, and Cousins listens to Rondo. These fgts need to play some defense tho.
Originally posted by MuggD:

Surprisingly what I've heard Cousins hasn't asked that Karl be fired. I think Rondo has convinced him Karl is a good thing, and Cousins listens to Rondo. These fgts need to play some defense tho.

We shall see.
Share 49ersWebzone