There are 205 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

Originally posted by Muggins:
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Well, that was a fun hour.

From Iguodala's Twitter...

"WOW!!!! ... Really?? Ok... MOTIVATION!!!!!!"

Very interesting.

Now see that's what I don't want to see. Other players will see that and think that we are sheisty.

My concern as well. I don't think we're in the wrong but don't want to be ruffling too many feathers right now.
I think it was pretty ballsy of us to do that, but I actually like it. Can't fck with the Kings anymore, we mean business!
Lol nothing has changed, still a s**tty organization, Cant develop talent and pulls moves like this.
The way Amick was describing it, seems like AI camp was leaking higher #'s in order to use that as leverage with DEN. Been down this road before with Van Gundy, Dalembert, etc. F it, time to move on. The contract wad was too much anyways.
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Jul 3, 2013 at 10:01 AM ]
Originally posted by valrod33:
Lol nothing has changed, still a s**tty organization, Cant develop talent and pulls moves like this.

As opposed to that model franchise up in Minnesota.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Ill have the last laugh when Kevin Martin dunks a grand slam to win the super bowl.
[ Edited by valrod33 on Jul 3, 2013 at 10:04 AM ]

Ill have the last laugh when Kevin Martin dunks a grand slam to win the super bowl.

Lmao

Touche
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
It seems to me they either discovered some medical issue that was unknown before, or they got word from somebody about his attitude/work ethic/whatever. Really odd to offer him the deal then pull it so quick.

I don't know. I think with the two front office guys we brought over from Denver, we know him pretty well. Could be something like that, but I'm guessing we've got other irons in the fire and needed an immediate answer. Only explanation I can think of. Still seems odd.

I dont think it had anything to do with medical problems or attitude. They wouldnt have made the initial offer if that was a consideration. I simply think the Kings didnt want to get played on this and be used as a bargaining chip. Good for them to pull it off the table.
The Kings front office knows more than the fans. I'm sure they had a great reason to pull this overpaid offer. We will survive without a 30 year old Iggy. We weren't going to win a ring with him. If it ruffles feathers for FAs this year, f**k it. Its all about money. I'm sure if the Kings offer a FA more money down the road than other teams, they won't be worried about Iggy's tweets.

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
It seems to me they either discovered some medical issue that was unknown before, or they got word from somebody about his attitude/work ethic/whatever. Really odd to offer him the deal then pull it so quick.

I don't know. I think with the two front office guys we brought over from Denver, we know him pretty well. Could be something like that, but I'm guessing we've got other irons in the fire and needed an immediate answer. Only explanation I can think of. Still seems odd.

I dont think it had anything to do with medical problems or attitude. They wouldnt have made the initial offer if that was a consideration. I simply think the Kings didnt want to get played on this and be used as a bargaining chip. Good for them to pull it off the table.

This is spot on. They were playing us, using us as leverage to get the real deal that AI wanted. So we put an end to that s**t real quick. Good for the Kings. Don't waste our time if you just want to use us as leverage, only come talk to us if you want to play for us.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
This is spot on. They were playing us, using us as leverage to get the real deal that AI wanted. So we put an end to that s**t real quick. Good for the Kings. Don't waste our time if you just want to use us as leverage, only come talk to us if you want to play for us.

So no one should talk to the Kings?
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

yup
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Exactly.

But seriously, they were willing to overpay an aging star in order to get him in Sac, and the agents just turned that around to try to get a better deal from Denver. It is a slap in the face. Obviously Sac isn't a popular destination but the ownership knows that, that is why they offered more than market value for him.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Exactly.

But seriously, they were willing to overpay an aging star in order to get him in Sac, and the agents just turned that around to try to get a better deal from Denver. It is a slap in the face. Obviously Sac isn't a popular destination but the ownership knows that, that is why they offered more than market value for him.

The Kings know they have to overpay to get FAs at this point. If they ever get good again, ala back in the day or OKC, they may not have to. Iggy was getting way more than his market value. And I'm sure he knows it, and going off of his twitter and yahoo reports, he wanted that money so I'm sure he regrets it. If some FA doesn't want to get overpaid to come here, f**k them. We need our young guys to develop and pull off a trade like we did back in the day.
Share 49ersWebzone