LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

I think it's pretty clear Isaiah is gone now. Obviously, that's not my preference and I would have kept him. But if the front office has made the decision to move on, I actually like Collison at that price. He's a downgrade from IT, but that's reflected in the price -- last we heard, Isaiah was getting $8 mill. For all we know, that number could get bigger after seeing some of these other deals. Collison is a 13-and-6 guy when starting, shoots a strong percentage, makes his free throws and plays solid defense.

Our cap situation is what it is. We can't pretend that we have cash to spend. As soon as Rudy opted in, we were over the cap and Isaiah's return was in doubt. We landed an adequate stop gap until a true point guard of the future is drafted, acquired or developed (Ray?).

Again, we just have to wait and see. If the FO doesn't improve the power forward spot, then people can get pissed. That has to be the priority now -- whether it's taking a risk on Josh Smith or Larry Sanders, or finding some other means to get it done. Otherwise, we're in for another 25-30 win season and mid-lottery pick.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
I really hope we can somehow get something for IT (and throw in JT/someone in a deal to make the money work)

I'm ok with Collison if we can add some more somewhere. If all we did was move IT for Collison and Draft Stauskas.... lol

No way we are done.
[ Edited by Muggins on Jul 3, 2014 at 5:25 PM ]
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
I like the Collison move. A bit of a better fit than IT. The only thing is we need to S&T IT at the least so we don't lose him for nothing. Collison is less ball dominant than IT, so we can run the offense through Cousins more now. Also he's a better defender. If we can get someone at the 4 who can block shots or D up that'd be great.

what does the king's salary cap look like at this point. Could they afford Gasol?

Gasol is my pipe dream. He would be a great fit here
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
I like the Collison move. A bit of a better fit than IT. The only thing is we need to S&T IT at the least so we don't lose him for nothing. Collison is less ball dominant than IT, so we can run the offense through Cousins more now. Also he's a better defender. If we can get someone at the 4 who can block shots or D up that'd be great.

what does the king's salary cap look like at this point. Could they afford Gasol?

IT for Gasol sign-and-trades
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
I just discovered there some pretty good Darren Collison highlight vids out there on Youtube lol dude can ball

IT for Gasol sign-and-trades

Ah I wish
Originally posted by marshulk:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I honestly haven't understood the Kings FO approach in like 7 years.

You're too smart to clump all those years together with the new regime, plus it's more like the last 10 years. And with that said I don't really know what they're doing either lol

Ya, I wasn't criticizing anyone in particular, I just feel like I've gone "WTF are they doing?" in each of the last 7 off seasons or so.
Originally posted by marshulk:
I honestly haven't understood the Kings FO approach in like 7 years.

You're too smart to clump all those years together with the new regime, plus it's more like the last 10 years. And with that said I don't really know what they're doing either lol

Ya, I wasn't criticizing anyone in particular, I just feel like I've gone "WTF are they doing?" in each of the last 7 off seasons or so.

Are you lifting Bill Simmons material these days?
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Jul 3, 2014 at 11:36 PM ]
Originally posted by TTown9ers:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
apparently Collison is a good defensive point guard in addition to his passing and offensive abilities. Thomas is a better offensive point, but Collison i think is a better overall point guard. We need a pass first point guard. We have to many "scorers" on this team, especially with the addition of Stauskas.

He's not a pass first PG...

right well what I meant is he isn't a shoot first guard like IT is.
what do you guys think is our biggest remaining need?

I'm thinking a stretch 4 who can play D or a backup reliable Center.

thoughts?

thoughts?

A defensive rim protector. And just overall basketball IQ. I think Stauskas and Collison will help with this

thoughts?

A defensive rim protector. And just overall basketball IQ. I think Stauskas and Collison will help with this

Evans did a decent job though IMO. (defense and rebounding)

thoughts?

Evans did a decent job though IMO. (defense and rebounding)

Yeah I like him and Acy to do the dirty work.

How awesome would it be if Bhullar showed enough in summer league and preseason to earn a spot on the team and could actually contribute? Am I crazy in thinking he could have been one of the biggest steals of the offseason?
[ Edited by btthepunk on Jul 4, 2014 at 2:38 PM ]
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Yeah I like him and Acy to do the dirty work.

How awesome would it be if Bhullar showed enough in summer league and preseason to earn a spot on the team and could actually contribute? Am I crazy in thinking he could have been one of the biggest steals of the offseason?

• MuggD
  • Veteran
From what I've heard the Rise Guys are coming back to the Sacramento airwaves. Except this time it's going to be on 1320AM going up against KHTK. Thank God,f**k Keith Brooks and his dumbass. TuneIn tomorrow at 8:25 AM on 1320. I wish Carmichael Dave could be on the rise guys though.
Share 49ersWebzone