LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

Originally posted by SacRock14:
Fair point. I guess the "bigness" can be debated. I just mean that all roads are leading to a trade. And we have some solid pieces that could return a starting SF. I'm not expecting a star, but a starting, productive small forward should be the target.

I really like Patterson as well. And I like JT. Unfortunately, we've kinda painted ourselves into a corner where one of them probably has to move. Unless someone covets Chuck Hayes...

Hey man, is our 2014 pick gone if it isn't a top ten or something? Cause of a prior trade with Cleveland (I think the trade involving Casspi)?... I can hear the jokes now about, "don't worry the Kings will have a top five pick," but I was just curious.
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
His contract is reasonable given the market for bigs

it is, but the warriors don't have room for it lol

I might be in the minority but I think that Iggy contract is going to haunt you guys. Yes, he's a phenomenal player, but you guys need to use that money on depth and quality bench players. JJ Hickson had a phenomenal year only signed for 5mil per year. I understand the purpose of signing AI but his contract may hinder the dubs salary cap.
lol. If it's Salmons or JJ, I'll take Salmons. Man, what a disappointment Johnson was. Can't believe that guy was hanging around town this summer.

He was? Why? He doesn't like Sac I thought... That dude is f**king worthless.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Fair point. I guess the "bigness" can be debated. I just mean that all roads are leading to a trade. And we have some solid pieces that could return a starting SF. I'm not expecting a star, but a starting, productive small forward should be the target.

I really like Patterson as well. And I like JT. Unfortunately, we've kinda painted ourselves into a corner where one of them probably has to move. Unless someone covets Chuck Hayes...

Hey man, is our 2014 pick gone if it isn't a top ten or something? Cause of a prior trade with Cleveland (I think the trade involving Casspi)?... I can hear the jokes now about, "don't worry the Kings will have a top five pick," but I was just curious.

I THINK it's lottery protected next year.

I might be in the minority but I think that Iggy contract is going to haunt you guys. Yes, he's a phenomenal player, but you guys need to use that money on depth and quality bench players. JJ Hickson had a phenomenal year only signed for 5mil per year. I understand the purpose of signing AI but his contract may hinder the dubs salary cap.

Dubs are looking more at an immediate splash. With AI, they are a real contender in the West (even more than last year). OKC are still the favorites, but I can see the Dubs overtaking the Spurs who have to get old at some point. And we have to see Houston play before we judge them. The Dubs can legitimately be viewed as the second best team in the West right now.... Memphis is up there also of course.

Okay, thanks.

Dubs are looking more at an immediate splash. With AI, they are a real contender in the West (even more than last year). OKC are still the favorites, but I can see the Dubs overtaking the Spurs who have to get old at some point. And we have to see Houston play before we judge them. The Dubs can legitimately be viewed as the second best team in the West right now.... Memphis is up there also of course.

But the loss of Jack and Landry are HUGE. They need to make up for that loss. It's early in the offseason, so who knows what they may do. I know Barnes coming off the bench will help, but they need more quality players on the backend of their roster.

Their starting five looks real nice. I'm just worried about players 6-10.

Copied from an article about that trade...

Protected in 2013 (1-13), 2014 (1-12) and 2015-2017 (1-10). If the pick is not conveyed by 2017, then Sacramento will convey its 2017 second-round draft pick to the Cavaliers.

But the loss of Jack and Landry are HUGE. They need to make up for that loss. It's early in the offseason, so who knows what they may do. I know Barnes coming off the bench will help, but they need more quality players on the backend of their roster.

Their starting five looks real nice. I'm just worried about players 6-10.

Their 1-6 is as good as any team outside of maybe Miami.

Bogut
Lee
Barnes
Iggy
Klay
Curry

Draymond Green is a solid guy off the bench but they do need a backup C until Ezeli is back and a backup PG
  • jtr2
  • Veteran
Marc Stein ✔
@ESPNSteinLine Yet there are also fresh rumbles that Sacramento is trying to muscle into the Monta-Stakes and challenge Atlanta's presumed edge for Ellis

@ESPNSteinLine Alternative scenario starting to circulate has Hawks & Bucks talking sign-and-trade -- Jennings for Teague -- with Monta winding up in SAC

IF, and it's a big IF this monta ellis rumor becomes true, I would seriously question this team's direction........

(got this source at kingsfans.com)

@ESPNSteinLine: Alternative scenario starting to circulate has Hawks & Bucks talking sign-and-trade -- Jennings for Teague -- with Monta winding up in SAC
Originally posted by jtr2:
Marc Stein ✔
@ESPNSteinLine Yet there are also fresh rumbles that Sacramento is trying to muscle into the Monta-Stakes and challenge Atlanta's presumed edge for Ellis

@ESPNSteinLine Alternative scenario starting to circulate has Hawks & Bucks talking sign-and-trade -- Jennings for Teague -- with Monta winding up in SAC

Someone suggested it could be for Hayes and Thorton. I wouldn't mind that at all.
I lold when I saw that

Wtf
Originally posted by jtr2:
Marc Stein ✔

Someone suggested it could be for Hayes and Thorton. I wouldn't mind that at all.

Yeah he's better than Thornton and Hayes needs to go. He'd most likely start over Vasquez too. Building a Warriors type team?
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Yeah he's better than Thornton and Hayes needs to go. He'd most likely start over Vasquez too. Building a Warriors type team?

It looks like some guy on sactownroyalty made up the rumor of a sign and trade. I srsly don't know what's going on and I won't post unless i have official links.
Share 49ersWebzone