LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 141 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
No Lopez=bad move.....

I don't get the thing with Lopez. Is it cuz he is a big body? Is he the same as Aldrich?

Last year with NO he averaged like 12 and 6..that's pretty good.
I like him cause he's 7'0 and he hustles and plays D.
But it's looking like we won't get him
We're looking to move some bad contracts too

Highest payed kings next year...

Thornton, salmons, Hayes....then JT..

That's embarrassing haha
I wanted to keep Reke. I think with Malone's coaching, he could have improved his defense a lot. He could be a beast defensively. And he has strength. We have a lot of softies on this team. But, I understand the move. I was surprised Reke got 11 million, but hey its the NBA.

Vasquez is being overrated by some of you guys. He is solid, but ideally he is a very good backup. The writers in NO say that his assists are inflated by using the advanced analytics they have nowadays. They weren't enamored with him. None of us saw Vasquez play that much, so we are going a lot off of his stat line which can be deceiving. The kid can pass though. That should help a lot. He is the only guard we have that actually looks to pass instead of scoring. We still have a logjam at guard.

I think we aren't at the cap floor yet. Not sure what they will do. If they don't make any other moves, we should be locked in for a top five pick next year. We will suck. At least the draft is stacked.
Originally posted by marshniners24:
No Lopez=bad move.....

I don't get the thing with Lopez. Is it cuz he is a big body? Is he the same as Aldrich?

Looks like the kings would rather use that $5M in cap room to sign a SF. We probably get a draft pick from Portland.

That's embarrassing haha

Why haven't you guys used the amnesty on Salmons yet? lol

Im surprised the cheap ass Maloofs never used it
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:

That's embarrassing haha

Amnesty actually costs the team more money. Answered your own question, Maloofs too cheap.
No Lopez=bad move.....

11 and 5.5, but who is counting

That is surprisingly better than I thought. He does hustle and does the dirty work. Since I didn't see him play that much, I research what their local beat writers say. He is a nice backup. But, we will still suck. Really badly.
Sactown Royalty's latest has us getting Lopez now.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Amnesty actually costs the team more money. Answered your own question, Maloofs too cheap.

I thought the amnesty clause allowed a team to get out of a contact? Why does it cost them more money?
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:

That's embarrassing haha

Kings are below the cap floor. If they amnesty him, they got to sign some guys. Who is out there that is willing to come here?

Maybe they want to use him as a trade chip. Because of the expiring contract. So many s**tty contracts in the NBA

Kings are below the cap floor. If they amnesty him, they got to sign some guys. Who is out there that is willing to come here?

Maybe they want to use him as a trade chip. Because of the expiring contract. So many s**tty contracts in the NBA

ohh makes sense
Damn! The kings were wanting to sign Calderon and move Vasquez elsewhere but Calderon didn't want to sign with the kings lol
Damn! The kings were wanting to sign Calderon and move Vasquez elsewhere but Calderon didn't want to sign with the kings lol

Lol, we're a laughing stock right now. I wanted Calderon... We gotta hit on our picks and develop these guys. C list free agents don't even want to come here right now lol

Lol, we're a laughing stock right now. I wanted Calderon... We gotta hit on our picks and develop these guys. C list free agents don't even want to come here right now lol

reminds me of the Warriors a couple years ago lol
All teams agreed tot he trade now.

The New Orleans Pelicans have reached agreement on a three-way deal with Sacramento and Portland to acquire guard Tyreke Evans, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

As part of a sign-and-trade arrangement, Evans will come to the Pelicans on a four-year, $44 million contract. New Orleans will send guard Greivis Vasquez to the Kings and center Robin Lopez to the Trail Blazers, sources said

Portland will send future draft considerations and cash in the deal, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The trade came after free-agent point guard Jose Calderon rejected a contract offer from the Kings, league sources said. The Kings had hoped to sign Calderon and trade Vasquez to another team.

The threat of a four-year, $44 million offer sheet toEvans, a restricted free agent, prompted New Orleans and Sacramento to work out an agreement.

The deal can't be made official until July 10.
Share 49ersWebzone