LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

Originally posted by btthepunk:
Ray McCallum is a boss.

He is such a steal for a 2nd round pick
If going after Omri Casspi costs us Quincy Acy.......

• MuggD
  • Veteran
Casspi sux dirty a*****e.
Originally posted by Muggins:

He might. I don't mind taking a no risk flier but not at the expense of Acy.

Seriously, if Pete signs Landry for $6.5 but won't bring back Acy for $915k? What is going on? I would literally start Acy right now if we took this roster to the season. That speaks more to our ugly frontcourt -- Landry is better off the bench and JT can backup DMC -- but Acy's a solid defender, his jump shot is vastly improved and he works his ass off for the team. I really don't know how we evaluate players if he's let go for less than a mill.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SacRock14:

Seriously, if Pete signs Landry for $6.5 but won't bring back Acy for $915k? What is going on? I would literally start Acy right now if we took this roster to the season. That speaks more to our ugly frontcourt -- Landry is better off the bench and JT can backup DMC -- but Acy's a solid defender, his jump shot is vastly improved and he works his ass off for the team. I really don't know how we evaluate players if he's let go for less than a mill.

lol I like Acy but he's not that great. He's a good dude and he did show some improvement in the SL on that jump shot. But he's gonna be riding pine most of the time. I'd rather give Moreland those minutes imo.
Acy > Casspi
lol I like Acy but he's not that great. He's a good dude and he did show some improvement in the SL on that jump shot. But he's gonna be riding pine most of the time. I'd rather give Moreland those minutes imo.

You'd rather give Moreland the minutes than Acy? Acy has at least played real NBA ball.
Originally posted by SacRock14:

Totally agree. Casspi is what he is. Not good. Does Casspi even do anything on defense?

Acy plays his ass off. He hustles after every loose ball and gives it his all on defense. Also, he brings an element of toughness and physicality we need. I would be baffled if we take Casspi at the expense of Acy.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:

You'd rather give Moreland the minutes than Acy? Acy has at least played real NBA ball.

Yeah. If Landry is healthy this year then Acy is pretty much only gonna get garbage minutes imo. Unless we trade one of JT/Carl/DWill. He's basically at the end of the bench don't you think?
Yeah. If Landry is healthy this year then Acy is pretty much only gonna get garbage minutes imo. Unless we trade one of JT/Carl/DWill. He's basically at the end of the bench don't you think?

Idk about Landry right now. He basically missed an entire season. Idk what he'll bring. He is really undersized for a 4, but he is a smart vet and good for the locker room. I still HATE that signing. Dumbest thing the FO has done so far IMO.

I think Acy honestly might be more valuable for this team. He brings an element we really don't have. Also, Moreland would be further down the bench, so even if Acy was buried down there I would rather have him than Moreland.

Idk about Landry right now. He basically missed an entire season. Idk what he'll bring. He is really undersized for a 4, but he is a smart vet and good for the locker room. I still HATE that signing. Dumbest thing the FO has done so far IMO.

I think Acy honestly might be more valuable for this team. He brings an element we really don't have. Also, Moreland would be further down the bench, so even if Acy was buried down there I would rather have him than Moreland.

That power forward spot is really a mess right now, isn't it.
Originally posted by oldninerdude:

That power forward spot is really a mess right now, isn't it.

Yup, has been since C Webb left. The only constant has been JT and that's because no other team wants him in a trade lol.
whats Derrick Williams up to these days?
Originally posted by valrod33:

Hot garbage... he is in his fourth year I think and still participating in summer league. Dude is only good for a couple highlight dunks. Besides that, his offensive game is worthless. No mid range, no three pointer, no post game, no position even. And he is invisible on defense. To top it off, he doesn't crash the boards.

He'll be out of the NBA soon unless a miracle happens and he gets DRASTICALLY better. I remember you saying how garbage he was before.. now I see what you mean lol
Originally posted by valrod33:

Hot garbage... he is in his fourth year I think and still participating in summer league. Dude is only good for a couple highlight dunks. Besides that, his offensive game is worthless. No mid range, no three pointer, no post game, no position even. And he is invisible on defense. To top it off, he doesn't crash the boards.

He'll be out of the NBA soon unless a miracle happens and he gets DRASTICALLY better. I remember you saying how garbage he was before.. now I see what you mean lol

Share 49ersWebzone