why?
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Originally posted by Zachary:
greg osterswag

why?

Greg Osterswag!
Cousins as the Boogieman

Well he's certainly been hitting the media circuit hard. Changing his persona it seems.
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 12m
Yahoo Sources: Sacramento's Rudy Gay will exercise $19.3M option, but has tabled extension talks until after July 1.

Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick 14s
Can confirm Rudy Gay told Kings he'll be opting in for next season ($19.3 mil) rather than become free agent. They are predictably pleased.

So Rudy is coming back. Now we got to see what we do with the #8 and IT.
[ Edited by Muggins on Jun 22, 2014 at 11:37 AM ]
With Rudy back, Kings are at $66.55 million (over a projected $63.2 mill cap). That doesn't include Acy option, Isaiah Thomas or Pick 8.

Trade market, here we come.
Originally posted by Muggins:
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 12m
Yahoo Sources: Sacramento's Rudy Gay will exercise $19.3M option, but has tabled extension talks until after July 1.

Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick 14s
Can confirm Rudy Gay told Kings he'll be opting in for next season ($19.3 mil) rather than become free agent. They are predictably pleased.

So Rudy is coming back. Now we got to see what we do with the #8 and IT.

Yup. This now gives a clearer picture of how they now attack this offseason.
$3 million over the cap with a roster currently...

PG - Ray McCallum, Jason Terry
SG - Ben McLemore, Travis Outlaw
SF - Rudy Gay, Derrick Williams
PF - Carl Landry, Reggie Evans
C - DeMarcus Cousins, Jason Thompson.

Can't see Isaiah being an option anymore.

We go big: packaging our #8 pick and maybe McLemore with some expiring deals for a big name.
Or I think we almost have to draft a PG.

Will be interesting to see how the front office works this.
Not really sure how the NBA trade market is but is there anyway we can trade Landry and/or Thompson for cap relief?
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Not really sure how the NBA trade market is but is there anyway we can trade Landry and/or Thompson for cap relief?

It would have to be for future cap relief, and only if we attached an asset like McLemore or the 8th pick. Possible, but I don't think likely.

Seems more likely that Thompson is paired with Williams/Terry/Outlaw (all expiring deals) for a larger contract. But I'm just speculating.
Originally posted by SacRock14:

It would have to be for future cap relief, and only if we attached an asset like McLemore or the 8th pick. Possible, but I don't think likely.

Seems more likely that Thompson is paired with Williams/Terry/Outlaw (all expiring deals) for a larger contract. But I'm just speculating.

Couldn't even be like Thompson straight up for a future second round pick? NBA trades are very confusing. We'll definitely be active in the trade market.
Couldn't even be like Thompson straight up for a future second round pick? NBA trades are very confusing. We'll definitely be active in the trade market.

No team is just going to take on JT's contract for nothing.

That's a little more than $19 Million left owed to JT.
[ Edited by Muggins on Jun 22, 2014 at 2:11 PM ]
lol There's this Japanese dude I follow on twitter just because he's a big Kings fan and I like to show him support. I just looked at a couple of his buddies avatars and this is what I see. lol

Lmao wtf^
apparently we are discussing trading #8 to the Bulls for #16 and #19. Yes please.

http://fansided.com/2014/06/23/nba-draft-rumors-chicago-bulls-kings-talk-trade-8-pick/
[ Edited by Frisco69ers on Jun 23, 2014 at 10:07 AM ]