There are 181 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

Originally posted by btthepunk:
PDA says that McLemore is not now and had never been involved in trade talks.

good, he's are future at SG
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Sounding like a 3 team trade with the Kings getting Jack and Evans. Cavs getting Terry, and Nets getting Thornton.

Lol I like it

So do I.

love this! if it ends up happeneing!
Marc Stein is reporting that the Kings have made Isaiah Thomas available.

I've liked all recent posts except this one.
No!
Originally posted by Quest4six:
No!

Same here. I love the dude and he's probably our most efficient scorer. He has some flaws but they're all fixable.

Bittersweet.
1. Love Isaiah. He's got the biggest heart, and he's a very good player.

But 2. Most importantly, we aren't winning. His assist #s aren't bad but still they need to be better when playing next to Gay and Cousins and same with his defense. He's terrible defensively.

He's also gonna want a lot of money next year and I don't think we have enough to pay him. Wouldn't mind getting something for him but if I'm trading him weve gotta be getting something good in return.
[ Edited by marshniners24 on Feb 18, 2014 at 4:35 PM ]
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Quest4six:

No!

He's the only real tradable piece we have. As it stands right now we can't afford him if Rudy doesn't opt out. Might as well get something for him before he walks via free agency at seasons end.
I trust PDA and the new org. Let's see what they can do
I don't think Thomas will be traded though unless we're getting a very good player with a friendly long term contract. If they can move a combination of Thorton, Thompson, Landry, Jimmer, Outlaw then they can handle Gay's contract and re-sign Thomas. I won't be surprised if Gay opts out and we re-sign him to a longer deal with a lower annual salary.
Originally posted by marshniners24:
I trust PDA and the new org. Let's see what they can do

This. And guys, I like IT as well but if we really have an elite center and a good starting PG we wouldn't have the worst record in the west. After seeing this extended sample size from IT, I think he is best served off of the bench or maybe on a different team. Idk, I guess I'm confused with him. If he isn't scoring and is cold, I don't think he facilitates well enough. Shouldn't we be a lot better if we have a sick PG and a sick ass center?

I don't think Thomas will be traded though unless we're getting a very good player with a friendly long term contract. If they can move a combination of Thorton, Thompson, Landry, Jimmer, Outlaw then they can handle Gay's contract and re-sign Thomas. I won't be surprised if Gay opts out and we re-sign him to a longer deal with a lower annual salary.

If Gay doesn't opt out, I don't think IT will stay. I have a feeling a team may overpay for him, or be able to offer more than Sac can.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Sources: MRI reveals that Kings' Isaiah Thomas has strained ligaments in wrist
in the long term of things, i think Thomas would be perfect as our 6th man
The Sacramento Kings and Brooklyn Nets have agreed to a trade of Jason Terry and Reggie Evans for Marcus Thornton.

Thornton has fallen in the Kings' rotation, while the Nets could use an individual scorer in the backcourt.

The Nets preferred acquiring Jarrett Jack, but were unable to find a third team to take on Terry in those scenarios.
I'm excited for Reggie Evans. Him and Acy will be hilarious. Terry is cool. Kinda sad to see Marcus go but we've been needing it for a long time.

Go kings
Share 49ersWebzone