LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

From STR:

"Thomas also was able to break down Dallas' defense repeatedly, setting up teammates along the way. Isaiah has been one of the best Pick and Roll players in the NBA since he came into the league, and that's not just me bloviating. According to Synergy Sports, Isaiah is the 16th most effective P&R Ball handler in the league, and has been in the top 20 each of his first three years in the league. There's this (frankly stupid) narrative that Isaiah Thomas is not a Point Guard because he doesn't look to pass first. While it's true that he looks for his shot a lot, he still has good vision, and is able to make a lot of play simply because of how much of a threat he is to score. His assist rate of 34.6% is not only a career-high, but higher than the following players this year: Russell Westbrook, Mike Conley, Tony Parker, Kyrie Irving, Michael Carter-Williams, Kyle Lowry, Goran Dragic, Raymond Felton and ... Greivis Vasquez. In fact, only 10 players have a higher assist rate him at all. The only Point Guards with a higher PER than Isaiah (and there are only 9 TOTAL players with a higher PER) are Chris Paul and Stephen Curry."

How's the crow tasting?

That game was incredible last night. Best Kings game I've watched in years.

I'm surprised how much this town is buzzing because of the trade and last night's game. From what I'm hearing, the game tomorrow will have a nice turnout. Initially, besides season ticket holders, not too many indivivual buys. Because its the Jazz on a Wed. But, a lot of people are excited and will be there tomorrow. We really got some dope fans here.
Originally posted by sacniner:
I'm surprised how much this town is buzzing because of the trade and last night's game. From what I'm hearing, the game tomorrow will have a nice turnout. Initially, besides season ticket holders, not too many indivivual buys. Because its the Jazz on a Wed. But, a lot of people are excited and will be there tomorrow. We really got some dope fans here.

I'm simply amazed by the talent this team has been able to assemble -- and assemble so quickly. If these guys jell like they can, this could turn into a nice little story.

I don't think the team is done trading away pieces yet either. They're still looking for a point guard because the team isn't sold on IT. They see him as a sixth man, the way Bobby Jackson was with the Kings all those years ago when they had the look of a title contender.

At any rate, I opened the Bee sports section this morning and was just dumbfounded. "We beat Dallas," I questioned? The wife looked up and said "what?" And I repeated it: "We beat Dallas."

I'm shocked. Didn't even watch the game. I'd written this one off as a loss already.
We didnt beat dallas.

We killed dallas
Originally posted by marshniners24:
We didnt beat dallas.

We killed dallas

And remember, Mavs fans are also Cowboy fans so it feels good to beat Dallas. And punk ass Cuban is one of the few owners who voted for the relocation to Seattle... Rough day in Dallas sports last night. Two ass kickings
Originally posted by billbird2111:
I'm simply amazed by the talent this team has been able to assemble -- and assemble so quickly. If these guys jell like they can, this could turn into a nice little story.

I don't think the team is done trading away pieces yet either. They're still looking for a point guard because the team isn't sold on IT. They see him as a sixth man, the way Bobby Jackson was with the Kings all those years ago when they had the look of a title contender.

At any rate, I opened the Bee sports section this morning and was just dumbfounded. "We beat Dallas," I questioned? The wife looked up and said "what?" And I repeated it: "We beat Dallas."

I'm shocked. Didn't even watch the game. I'd written this one off as a loss already.

I would like to see IT get the nod as starting PG for the year. See what he has. 12 assists last night is a great way to start. The energy and heart he brings is unmatched and the fans love him the way we used to love Bobby.

What's so shocking about beating Dallas at home?
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

we havent beat dallas since 2006
new sac kings were at anikis in fremont today

• MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
new sac kings were at anikis in fremont today

Cool. They must be visiting Vivek's house... doesn't he live down in that area?

Originally posted by LA9erFan:

we havent beat dallas since 2006

Exactly. We barely beat bad teams at home. Dallas is not a bad team. And we don't beat winning teams -- or haven't for a very long time.

Plus, I'm hearing Kings chatter in the hallways at work again. "Did you see THAT game last night?" Haven't heard this kind of chatter for eons. We've been so terribly bad for so long that a lot of people just lost interest. That's how bad it was here.
That game last night was something else. Obviously, we're not there yet, not close to contending...but that game had a special feeling about it.

Like enjoyable basketball might be back in Sac.
This roster we have now has enough talent to make the playoffs IMO. If we move JT somehow, get a defensive big, or a backup point guard we could be pretty good.
This roster we have now has enough talent to make the playoffs IMO. If we move JT somehow, get a defensive big, or a backup point guard we could be pretty good.

Not in the west. The west is too tough. But i wanna see some gay baskets tomorrow.
Gay for Gay
Share 49ersWebzone