There are 243 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

So much for that Derrick Williams trade, lol f**k the kings.
Originally posted by valrod33:

+1

They're going to start Gay and Williams together. f*ck the twolves
Originally posted by TTown9ers:

They're going to start Gay and Williams together. f*ck the twolves

Gonna get abused inside
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
i still see that people hated this trade. I just don't understand them.

If anything it will give us a lot lf cap room in a year.

What I'm confused is though is this us trying to make a run? Or are we still going for that top draft pick? I don't know but I'm super excited to see this team play and the future moves we will make

This is an excellent point. Rudy Gay makes them better this year for sure but being mediocre and the 10th or 11th worst team isnt going to help. The Kings arent going to be a playoff team and they wont be a bottom 5 team now. But, they will be more fun to watch anyway.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
scouting report on Rudy Gay

Great ball handler
Likes to penetrate
Always goes strong to the hole
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
This is an excellent point. Rudy Gay makes them better this year for sure but being mediocre and the 10th or 11th worst team isnt going to help. The Kings arent going to be a playoff team and they wont be a bottom 5 team now. But, they will be more fun to watch anyway.

I'm a little worried about this. We'll see how good we really become. I think the new ownership wants some momentum because they are brand new. They don't want to start off with the worst team in the NBA. But, its a delicate balance because we all know the best thing for the team is to tank. I guess some pride from the front office may have kicked in. We should still have a high pick in the draft. It'll be interesting to see Williams and Gay start together. Definitely two guys who are 3s...
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I'm a little worried about this. We'll see how good we really become. I think the new ownership wants some momentum because they are brand new. They don't want to start off with the worst team in the NBA. But, its a delicate balance because we all know the best thing for the team is to tank. I guess some pride from the front office may have kicked in. We should still have a high pick in the draft. It'll be interesting to see Williams and Gay start together. Definitely two guys who are 3s...

It is tough to be a new owner and put the team on the path for the #1 pick. I totally understand that. They want to get the fans excited about this team.
Rumors are that the team is trying to trade Thompson now.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Rumors are that the team is trying to trade Thompson now.

Heard that this morning.. let's do this!

Per Rudy's twitter, they have landed in Sac

Originally posted by pdizo916:
i still see that people hated this trade. I just don't understand them.

I don't hate the trade just not quite sure what to make of it. The pro's are that it is nice to finally have a starting caliber SF and a wing player that can create his own shots, they shed Salmons and Hayes and they should be pretty fun to watch and should be able to get up and down the court and put up points. I guess the negative for me is that they just gave up the only guy who can really facilitate the offense, which means that IT will now be starting and that is 2 high volume shooters. But the main issue for me is possibly sacrificing a top 1-2 pick just to get marginally better this year. Either way at least they are bringing in some talent and trying to put an entertaining product on the floor. Would like to see JT get flipped for a defensive minded big or PG now.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Muggins:

Yes. And change our colors back to that hat. Naooooo
Buckets. I've wanted that dood on our team for like 5 years haha
Watching the game in dallas, finally get to see the kings play. Is arco usually this empty?
Share 49ersWebzone