There are 133 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2014 Sacramento Kings - Summer League Champions

Originally posted by Muggins:
I'd like to start with what Marsh posted and then if it doesn't go well then start JT instead.

I hope to see more Jimmer too.

Yes, more Jimmer. I've said this in the past and a lot of you probably thought I was an idiot for it. Thornton's scoring numbers are solely a product of him getting a lot of oppurtunities to score. A lot of minutes and a lot of shot attempts. I know that he gets really hot some times (its been rare this year) but A LOT of backup two guards can get hot some times and score. Thats why I was against the extension for Thornton. He doens't really make the team better most of the time. He sucks at defense and doesn't create for others. If he misses a couple of shots he gets sad and it effects his entire game. He is not good. He can score over 20 some games but not enough to justify him being "the man."

If Jimmer got all of those minutes and oppurtunities, in the long run he can put up the same scoring numbers. They are equal on defense. But the difference is that some times Jimmer does create for others. When he comes in the game I've noticed the defense does key in on him. Seriously. I think its because its "Jimmer" and everyone knows that he can score still. Also, at home, the fans LOVE when he comes in. I know the coach shouldn't really care what the crowd thinks, but this adds to the sixth man element and seriously it can help the Kings play better.
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Muggins is my dude but he needs to stop sucking off Jimmer

This should be the two guard rotation: 1.) Ben Mac; 2) Jimmer; 3.) Thornton. He got his chances and he only cares about scoring. Doesn't make the team better.
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Muggins is my dude but he needs to stop sucking off Jimmer

Dude I think he has improved. He had a solid preseason and was looking like a better defender, passer and rebounder than Thornton the other night, the only time he's gotten a chance this season. And he's not forcing things (well other then getting packed every time he drives the lane lol) he was looking like he belonged the other night. Small sample size I know but we are 1-5 right now.. I'm not saying start him but let him get a few minutes.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by Muggins:
I'd like to start with what Marsh posted and then if it doesn't go well then start JT instead.

I hope to see more Jimmer too.

Yes, more Jimmer. I've said this in the past and a lot of you probably thought I was an idiot for it. Thornton's scoring numbers are solely a product of him getting a lot of oppurtunities to score. A lot of minutes and a lot of shot attempts. I know that he gets really hot some times (its been rare this year) but A LOT of backup two guards can get hot some times and score. Thats why I was against the extension for Thornton. He doens't really make the team better most of the time. He sucks at defense and doesn't create for others. If he misses a couple of shots he gets sad and it effects his entire game. He is not good. He can score over 20 some games but not enough to justify him being "the man."

If Jimmer got all of those minutes and oppurtunities, in the long run he can put up the same scoring numbers. They are equal on defense. But the difference is that some times Jimmer does create for others. When he comes in the game I've noticed the defense does key in on him. Seriously. I think its because its "Jimmer" and everyone knows that he can score still. Also, at home, the fans LOVE when he comes in. I know the coach shouldn't really care what the crowd thinks, but this adds to the sixth man element and seriously it can help the Kings play better.

This. Pretty much what I just said except you said it better.
Originally posted by Muggins:
Malone in post game right now is ripping the team again and he also said he's seen enough after 6 games, there will be changes.

We'll see what those changes are come tomorrow...
Lol he did look okay against Portland. But he still did some wtf stuff.

Thornton needs to be off this team asap
Gameday. I love the Kings but please lose. Unless you're playing the Lakers or Val's T-Poodles. We NEED one of the three freshman coming out.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Gameday. I love the Kings but please lose. Unless you're playing the Lakers or Val's T-Poodles. We NEED one of the three freshman coming out.

Dude I dunno man. I get it but I think it may be too early to think like this, especially since we all know we'll end up one pick away from where we need to be come draft day anyway lol.
Sounds like Ben is going to start tonight. Looking forward to that. Also agree that Jimmer should be getting MTs minutes. MT has been terrible, might as well see if we have anything in Jimmer the rest of the year.

Also expecting a switch up at the 3. The only player that has been worse than MT is the Fish. Dude sucks and shouldn't be playing significant minutes. Don't have a lot of options there unfortunately. Maybe Mbah Moute? Or just roll out three guard lineups?
Originally posted by Muggins:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Gameday. I love the Kings but please lose. Unless you're playing the Lakers or Val's T-Poodles. We NEED one of the three freshman coming out.

Dude I dunno man. I get it but I think it may be too early to think like this, especially since we all know we'll end up one pick away from where we need to be come draft day anyway lol.

Lol, we ALWAYS get f**ked in draft position.
man can you imagine if we get julius randle or even jabari parker ?!?! :0
Originally posted by ilikecows699:
man can you imagine if we get julius randle or even jabari parker ?!?! :0

Julius Randle is he same person as Cousins so no thanks lol

Wiggins or Parker would be raw
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by ilikecows699:
man can you imagine if we get julius randle or even jabari parker ?!?! :0

Julius Randle is he same person as Cousins so no thanks lol

Wiggins or Parker would be raw

I would rather have Wiggins or Parker, but I wouldn't be mad if we had Randle at 4 and Big Cuz at the 5. With Ben Mac at the 2. We'd be going to the ship in a few years.
I don't really follow college ball (haven't for years.. when I last was really into college ball it was around the time of Jason Kidd, Grant Hill, CWebb etc and for some reason my main last memory of following college hard was around the time of Big Dog Glen Robinson.. I know) Anyway, I keep hearing this coming class is really deep this year.. what is yalls take on it? I heard Carmichael Dave this morning saying there are 6-7 future All Stars in this coming Draft but I think he was still kind of on board with "tanking" sort of.
Originally posted by Muggins:
I don't really follow college ball (haven't for years.. when I last was really into college ball it was around the time of Jason Kidd, Grant Hill, CWebb etc and for some reason my main last memory of following college hard was around the time of Big Dog Glen Robinson.. I know) Anyway, I keep hearing this coming class is really deep this year.. what is yalls take on it? I heard Carmichael Dave this morning saying there are 6-7 future All Stars in this coming Draft but I think he was still kind of on board with "tanking" sort of.

Dude, Parker and Wiggins have a chance to be legendary players. Randle looks like a bonafide all star. I'm not going to try and act like some kind of college basketball expert, but I'm on board with tanking this year. What is the point of being mediocre? Either we have the 8th or 9th pick or we can be top three. We need a top three type guy who is transcendent. You can change the future of this team. Past those three, there are other studs from what I've heard and read but I haven't seen them play.

I usually don't care about college ball until Feb, but this year is going to be awesome. You should check it out.