LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

• MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by marshniners24:
I lold when I saw that

Wtf

I did as well. If we can dump Hayes and Thornton along with it I guess it makes sense. Monte and Thornton are kind of the same player, I would prefer Monte in that scenario... but how much is Monte wanting to get paid?
Originally posted by Muggins:
I did as well. If we can dump Hayes and Thornton along with it I guess it makes sense. Monte and Thornton are kind of the same player, I would prefer Monte in that scenario... but how much is Monte wanting to get paid?

Dubs will take Chuck Hayes off your hands.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Corey Brewer would be a good signing for us

No he wouldn't Corey brewer is awful

awful? not at all, he was very productive for Denver, plays great D and is unselfish. That's the type of player we need.
Kings Rumor/ News Feed:

Carl Landry: "I'm excited to be the first player in this new era to sign. It's already different. You can tell."

Greivis Vasquez: I can't wait to get to Sacramento...

Several other teams have expressed interest in Kaman, including Golden State, Atlanta, Sacramento and NewYork, sources said. Yahoo! Sports

Sources say that the Kings, meanwhile, have been shopping the likes of Jimmer Fredette and Chuck Hayes to the Cavaliers to create the requisite salary-cap room to try to sign Ellis comfortably. Hard to see Cleveland wanting Hayes, whose contract runs through 2014-15 and thus potentially cuts into Cleveland's reserves earmarked for a free-agent run at LeBron James next summer. Fredette's $2.4 million salary is a virtual expiring deal. ESPN.com
I highly doubt the Monta thing will happen. He is a two. The Kings are enamored with McLemore. He will be starting real early. Will Monta come off of the bench? Will he play the point? I just don't see how this makes sense... If we could move Thornton, and Monta would like to be an off the hook sixth man type I would be cool with that. I just don't see Monta agreeing to that type of role. Above all, I want to make sure that our priority is developing McLemore. We NEED to develop our super high picks finally.
There are Kings fans who think Marcus Thornton is better than Monta Ellis?

Offensively, Thornton is a better three point shooter but Ellis is a better scorer. While they are both obsessed with their scoring numbers, Ellis can create and pass better. So, on offense the edge goes to Ellis. I didn't see Ellis play much last year, but from what I remember in GS he didn't do well on defense. Thornton isn't a good defender also, so I guess that's a wash

Overall, Ellis is superior. By a comfortable margin. Sorry, talking to a fellow Kings fan who is a colleague and he swears Thornton is better.
They both suck. No thanks to either. If we pay Monta $12m/per I'm ready to start calling for the heads of the new FO.
Originally posted by TTown9ers:
They both suck. No thanks to either. If we pay Monta $12m/per I'm ready to start calling for the heads of the new FO.

I would be pissed. We are getting cap flexibility to pay Monta? After drafting McLemore. NO! Seriously, I don't expect us to double our wins this year or some crazy s**t. A lot of Kings fans are talking s**t because that's what fans do. But, the most important thing is developing McLemore and really seeing if Cousins can carry the team. We just need to see some strides and direction on the court. Defensive improvement. The last thing we need is a guy who won't pass the ball or play defense.

I would be shocked if this happened. Makes no sense.
Originally posted by sacniner:
There are Kings fans who think Marcus Thornton is better than Monta Ellis?

Offensively, Thornton is a better three point shooter but Ellis is a better scorer. While they are both obsessed with their scoring numbers, Ellis can create and pass better. So, on offense the edge goes to Ellis. I didn't see Ellis play much last year, but from what I remember in GS he didn't do well on defense. Thornton isn't a good defender also, so I guess that's a wash

Overall, Ellis is superior. By a comfortable margin. Sorry, talking to a fellow Kings fan who is a colleague and he swears Thornton is better.

this.

i hope the Kings don't sign Monta. He's still one of my favorite players and I'd hate to play against him multiple times in the season.
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo21m
Kings' contract talks with Bucks free agent guard Monta Ellis have been described as "aggressive," a source told Y! Sports.

I honestly dont see the fit, I think it'd be a bad move for the Kings and Monta.
Kings need to focus on developing McLemore, and let him grow with DMC. Monta really wouldn't make sense. You guys need a SF not another scoring guard lol

Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo21m
Kings' contract talks with Bucks free agent guard Monta Ellis have been described as "aggressive," a source told Y! Sports.

I honestly dont see the fit, I think it'd be a bad move for the Kings and Monta.
Kings need to focus on developing McLemore, and let him grow with DMC. Monta really wouldn't make sense. You guys need a SF not another scoring guard lol

Monta will be our small forward.
If he wants to be a sixth man for like 6/7 mill and we can move Thornton and Hayes I don't mind it. But it still doesn't really make sense

awful? not at all, he was very productive for Denver, plays great D and is unselfish. That's the type of player we need.

He's not very good lol. Bad shooter and is too skinny to actually start at the 3. He is fast and that's the only reason he's decent at D. I wouldn't mind having him as a backup SF..but that's it

He's not very good lol. Bad shooter and is too skinny to actually start at the 3. He is fast and that's the only reason he's decent at D. I wouldn't mind having him as a backup SF..but that's it

what about bringing back Casspi?
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Ellis and Cousins together. Won't be long before they're at each others throats.
Share 49ersWebzone