LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 216 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

good. Dodged a bullet there. Smart move. I still want to sign Calderon.
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
welp..

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine4m
RT @sam_amick: The Kings have pulled their offer for free agent Andre Iguodala & will no longer pursue him, I'm told. Story to come

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA1m
As USA Today reported, source tells Y! that Sacramento has withdrawn its four-year, $56 million offer from Denver free agent Andre Iguodala.

Well, that was a fun hour.

From Iguodala's Twitter...

"WOW!!!! ... Really?? Ok... MOTIVATION!!!!!!"

Very interesting.

Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick
Kings wanted answer that Iguodala wasn't ready to give, so they pulled out and moved on. They'll regroup & decide on Tyreke Evans etc.
It seems to me they either discovered some medical issue that was unknown before, or they got word from somebody about his attitude/work ethic/whatever. Really odd to offer him the deal then pull it so quick.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
It seems to me they either discovered some medical issue that was unknown before, or they got word from somebody about his attitude/work ethic/whatever. Really odd to offer him the deal then pull it so quick.

I don't know. I think with the two front office guys we brought over from Denver, we know him pretty well. Could be something like that, but I'm guessing we've got other irons in the fire and needed an immediate answer. Only explanation I can think of. Still seems odd.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

actually I texted my uncle Vivek and told him it was a stupid move and he agreed.
Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick
Kings wanted answer that Iguodala wasn't ready to give, so they pulled out and moved on. They'll regroup & decide on Tyreke Evans etc.

Hmmm... I guess if he wasn't all the way ready to commit, to more money that he is worth, f**k him. I was getting a little excited though lol
Originally posted by susweel:
actually I texted my uncle Vivek and told him it was a stupid move and he agreed.

Fool, you said he is a "marginal" player. What the f**k? He isn't elite, but he is more than marginal, lol
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by sacniner:

Fool, you said he is a "marginal" player. What the f**k? He isn't elite, but he is more than marginal, lol

okay little bit above average but not worth that kind of money for a rebuilding team.
okay little bit above average but not worth that kind of money for a rebuilding team.

I feel you on that... but, for a team like the Kings and a lot of other teams they have to overpay to get top FAs. Iggy was one of the top FAs. The NBA market is all f**ked up. Almost all of the contracts seem ridiculous. Just how it is I guess.

Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
I wouldn't call him a role player....

He's not, but he's not going to take 8 mill a year like Tiago Splitter did lol
Like sacniner said in the NBA off season thread said, players are getting overpaid but fans have to realize that what we think is "overpaid" is just the NBA market nowadays.
While that is true, you can still prevent yourself from paying an above average/good player a max deal that'll cripple your team and wait on a better player to come around.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
This is cray
  • MuggD
  • Veteran

Very interesting.

Now see that's what I don't want to see. Other players will see that and think that we are sheisty.
Originally posted by Muggins:

Very interesting.

Now see that's what I don't want to see. Other players will see that and think that we are sheisty.

I know this happens a lot in the NBA, but the more I read about this the more I side with the Kings. The Kings were offering him substantially more than the three or four other teams he met with. Players and agents always use teams as leverage, but if he wasn't ready to committ after the team showed how serious they were financially, then so be it. It makes us look a little bad, but I'm glad they stood their ground.

Now, lets see what Iggy gets. Everyone will be totally shocked if he gets that much money.
Share 49ersWebzone