There are 164 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

There has to be a trade on the way. The new guys want their own players in here. That's why there are logjams at PF and guard. They probably don't value Thornton, Jimmer, Hayes, JT and/or Patterson that high. They will try and move people for sure.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Pretty cool vid with Ben's first days with the Kings. Somehow I missed this until now.

http://www.nba.com/kings/video/2013/07/03/AllAccessMcLemoreFINALTHESETTING-2529263
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:
There has to be a trade on the way. The new guys want their own players in here. That's why there are logjams at PF and guard. They probably don't value Thornton, Jimmer, Hayes, JT and/or Patterson that high. They will try and move people for sure.

Yeah something's got to give.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Corey Brewer would be a good signing for us

No he wouldn't Corey brewer is awful
You guys could use another wing. No great names in FA though. Maybe package Thompson in a trade to Indiana for Granger, who has a nice expiring contract. Or trade Patterson to Orlando for Tobias Harris, or to OKC for Perry Jones. Just throwin' out some ideas.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
You guys could use another wing. No great names in FA though. Maybe package Thompson in a trade to Indiana for Granger, who has a nice expiring contract. Or trade Patterson to Orlando for Tobias Harris, or to OKC for Perry Jones. Just throwin' out some ideas.

Granger and Deng from Chicago would be the best fits that seem to be "available". I think out of Patterson, JT, Thornton, and Jimmer, 2 of those would get us one or the other. Maybe even less for Granger considering his health.
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Granger and Deng from Chicago would be the best fits that seem to be "available". I think out of Patterson, JT, Thornton, and Jimmer, 2 of those would get us one or the other. Maybe even less for Granger considering his health.

Deng would be sweet, but I'm not sure the Kings have the pieces to get it done. I remember hearing Toronto might be interested in dumping Gay or DeRozan. That's another possibility.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jul 7, 2013 at 10:11 AM ]

Alluded to that in my last article. It's looking like that trade route is the best option.

We've been waiting for a big move. Thought it was Iggy...nope, pulled money back. Thought money might go to Tyreke...nope, he walked. Signed Landry...used some money and created more depth. Time to use that depth for the big move.

Sorry to rip Salmons, but really, I just want anyone at small forward besides him.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Alluded to that in my last article. It's looking like that trade route is the best option.

We've been waiting for a big move. Thought it was Iggy...nope, pulled money back. Thought money might go to Tyreke...nope, he walked. Signed Landry...used some money and created more depth. Time to use that depth for the big move.

Sorry to rip Salmons, but really, I just want anyone at small forward besides him.

James Johnson.

Hey, SacRock, I agree with you on Salmons.

I disagree with your expectation of "a big move." I doubt there's anything like that available.

No, I expect them to make some smaller moves. I.e. Tyreke for Vasquez and two seconds. Not heartstopping, but incremental improvement.

And I hope, if there's a trade, it doesn't involve Patterson. He can actually shoot the ball from the outside, and seems like a hard worker.

There's some dead wood and bad contracts that might take some time to get rid of. Til they do, unless some other team is willing to do something stupid, I don't see a "big move" in the offing.
[ Edited by oldninerdude on Jul 7, 2013 at 12:13 PM ]

Originally posted by Muggins:

Yeah something's got to give.

trade us JT

nevermind.. that contract lol
[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on Jul 7, 2013 at 12:39 PM ]
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Hey, SacRock, I agree with you on Salmons.

I disagree with your expectation of "a big move." I doubt there's anything like that available.

No, I expect them to make some smaller moves. I.e. Tyreke for Vasquez and two seconds. Not heartstopping, but incremental improvement.

And I hope, if there's a trade, it doesn't involve Patterson. He can actually shoot the ball from the outside, and seems like a hard worker.

There's some dead wood and bad contracts that might take some time to get rid of. Til they do, unless some other team is willing to do something stupid, I don't see a "big move" in the offing.

Fair point. I guess the "bigness" can be debated. I just mean that all roads are leading to a trade. And we have some solid pieces that could return a starting SF. I'm not expecting a star, but a starting, productive small forward should be the target.

I really like Patterson as well. And I like JT. Unfortunately, we've kinda painted ourselves into a corner where one of them probably has to move. Unless someone covets Chuck Hayes...
Originally posted by Muggins:
Originally posted by SacRock14:

James Johnson.

lol. If it's Salmons or JJ, I'll take Salmons. Man, what a disappointment Johnson was. Can't believe that guy was hanging around town this summer.
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
trade us JT

nevermind.. that contract lol

His contract is reasonable given the market for bigs
Originally posted by pdizo916:
His contract is reasonable given the market for bigs

it is, but the warriors don't have room for it lol
Share 49ersWebzone