LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

• MuggD
  • Veteran
Even Calderon is rejecting us?
future draft considerations and cash? Sounds like a maloof move.....
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Two Second Rounders from Portland.
Originally posted by Muggins:

Really? Hm. Not that second rounders are worth much, but not bad.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by marshniners24:

Yeah, extra picks are always nice.

Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick2mAs @ESPNSteinLine noted, two 2nd rounders to Sacramento: I'm told it's Portland's 2014 & either Knicks' pick in 2016 or Portland's in 2018.
Originally posted by marshniners24:

Yeah, extra picks are always nice.

Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick2mAs @ESPNSteinLine noted, two 2nd rounders to Sacramento: I'm told it's Portland's 2014 & either Knicks' pick in 2016 or Portland's in 2018.

Meh, 2nd rounders usually don't even make decent teams
The 2014 has value cause the draft is so good/deep next year
Tyreke probably didn't fit the new roster, but it's always tough to lose someone that talented, especially for us.

I'm OK with the move. Vasquez is a nice stop gap, a pass-first guy to set up our scorers. And I trust that our front office will spend the money. Just gotta be patient to see what develops.
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Amnesty actually costs the team more money. Answered your own question, Maloofs too cheap.

I thought the amnesty clause allowed a team to get out of a contact? Why does it cost them more money?

Amnesty allows you to have one contract not count against your salary cap. You still owe the player the money and they can't play for you. It can save you money if you are in the luxury tax (not the kings). Otherwise you do it to use that cap room to sign more players. So the Kings would have to pay Salmons $8.5M then pay $8.5M to another player.
[ Edited by 9erReign on Jul 4, 2013 at 4:22 PM ]
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Meh, 2nd rounders usually don't even make decent teams

Yeah we know that.

They still have some value, even if you never use the pick on a player it can be used as a little sweetener in some trades etc. Or occasionally they become decent contributors in the league. It's better than not having those picks obviously.

Originally posted by SacRock14:
Tyreke probably didn't fit the new roster, but it's always tough to lose someone that talented, especially for us.

I'm OK with the move. Vasquez is a nice stop gap, a pass-first guy to set up our scorers. And I trust that our front office will spend the money. Just gotta be patient to see what develops.

Scott, we gotta sign some other player/s to meet the cap floor still right?
Originally posted by sacniner:

Yes.

By my calculations, we're at about $46.5 mill if you include McLemore's rookie deal and Vasquez.

Cap floor is 85 percent of the salary cap, which is $58.5. So cap floor = $49.725 mill.

We have to spend about $3.5 mill. I don't think we have to worry about the floor...these guys are willing to spend money.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Amnesty allows you to have one contract not count against your salary cap. You still owe the player the money and they can't play for you. It can save you money if you are in the luxury tax (not the kings). Otherwise you do it to use that cap room to sign more players. So the Kings would have to pay Salmons $8.5M then pay $8.5M to another player.

oh I didn't know it worked that
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo8m
Kings GM D'Alessandro, coach Malone & @Vivek close friend & ex-NBA player Junior Bridgeman visited DeMarcus Cousins in Mobile, Ala., on Wed.

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo5m
While a contract extension solidifies it, Kings GM Pete D'Alessandro told Y! Sports he is confident in DeMarcus Cousins as face of franchise
Originally posted by sacniner:

Yes.

By my calculations, we're at about $46.5 mill if you include McLemore's rookie deal and Vasquez.

Cap floor is 85 percent of the salary cap, which is $58.5. So cap floor = $49.725 mill.

We have to spend about $3.5 mill. I don't think we have to worry about the floor...these guys are willing to spend money.

Thanks homie... I wonder what they will do. Honestly, I would be happy if they got AK 47. I know he is a little older now, but I've always like his game. He could hold down the 3 for a couple of years. I think he is still available.
Share 49ersWebzone