LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 146 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

• MuggD
  • Veteran
So basically $14 million a season
Originally posted by Muggins:
Sacramento is offering free agent Andre Iguodala a four year, approximately $56 million contract, league sources tell Y! Sports.; Adrian Wojnarowski

Bottom page bump.
fk this. I appreciate the aggressiveness of the new FO but that's flat out stupid.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
fk this. I appreciate the aggressiveness of the new FO but that's flat out stupid.

I dont think it's that bad if you move him to SF
You've guys needed a player like Iguodala for a while
Iguodala is not worth 14 mil a year
If they are able to sign him and retain Tyreke then I am happy. If Tyreke walks because they gave a role player who is 7 years older than him 14 mil a year, I am going to be pissed
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Jul 2, 2013 at 8:57 PM ]
Originally posted by pdizo916:

I wish the team can sign and trade Evans if they land AI. For some reason, i see both reke and AI as similar players. I rather trade Reke for a big man who compliments DMC on both offense and defense, and use the MLE for Calderon. I think our starting 5 would be ideal and we can concentrate on the bench for the future.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
If they are able to sign him and retain Tyreke then I am happy. If Tyreke walks because they gave a role player who is 7 years older than him 14 mil a year, I am going to be pissed

I wouldn't call him a role player....

Originally posted by Knowledge:

He's not, but he's not going to take 8 mill a year like Tiago Splitter did lol
Like sacniner said in the NBA off season thread said, players are getting overpaid but fans have to realize that what we think is "overpaid" is just the NBA market nowadays.
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:

I wouldn't call him a role player....

Originally posted by Knowledge:

He's not, but he's not going to take 8 mill a year like Tiago Splitter did lol
Like sacniner said in the NBA off season thread said, players are getting overpaid but fans have to realize that what we think is "overpaid" is just the NBA market nowadays.

Ok, how about glorified role player. Either way not worth that kind of coin, especially at almost 30, when Evans is 23.
I will see you back in the Brooks thread
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Jul 2, 2013 at 9:03 PM ]
Ok, how about glorified role player. Either way not worth that kind of coin, especially at almost 30, when Evans is 23.
I will see you back in the Brooks thread

huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
I was asking how it works. Just to me outside of Team B not having a salary cap issue, i dont see why teams do S&T all the time. And its just for the NBA right? no other sport does S&T (correct?)

The sign and trade allows the receiving team to clear up cap space by sending back contracts. And the signing team gets assets rather than just letting a guy walk. NBA is the only league that does it, only one that really needs it.

In this case, the sign and trade would give the Pelicans assurance that we wouldn't match the offer and let them unload an unneeded contract (like Vasquez) that would be of use to us.
I'm not gonna be a downer about this if Iguodala signs with us.

I have my reservations about the money. But...

* It's a 4 year deal, not the 6-7 year deals of before. He should be able to give us 3 years of production at least, then he's coming off the books soon.
* We know in Sacramento we'll have to overpay initially. Just like Vlade getting $60 mill in 1999.
* This sends a clear message, shows other players across the league we're serious, makes us a more attractive destination.
* Money aside -- Iguodala is a damn near perfect SF for us, a position we've been craving for years. He does a little bit of everything.
* LEADERSHIP -- Olympian, All-Star, playoff performer ... we haven't had anyone like that in years and it's killed us. He can have a huge impact on our roster -- great model for the youth.

$14 mill a year is scary. But I'm willing to trust the front office. And I think Iguodala would be a huge step in the right direction.

If Tyreke leaves -- most likely if we get AI -- we can amnesty Salmons and be about $8 mill under the cap. We wouldn't be done.
welp..

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine4m
RT @sam_amick: The Kings have pulled their offer for free agent Andre Iguodala & will no longer pursue him, I'm told. Story to come

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA1m
As USA Today reported, source tells Y! that Sacramento has withdrawn its four-year, $56 million offer from Denver free agent Andre Iguodala.
[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on Jul 2, 2013 at 10:44 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by Muggins:
Sacramento is offering free agent Andre Iguodala a four year, approximately $56 million contract, league sources tell Y! Sports.; Adrian Wojnarowski

Bottom page bump.

kings stupid if they pay that much to a marginal player.
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
welp..

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine4m
RT @sam_amick: The Kings have pulled their offer for free agent Andre Iguodala & will no longer pursue him, I'm told. Story to come

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA1m
As USA Today reported, source tells Y! that Sacramento has withdrawn its four-year, $56 million offer from Denver free agent Andre Iguodala.

Well, that was a fun hour.

From Iguodala's Twitter...

"WOW!!!! ... Really?? Ok... MOTIVATION!!!!!!"

Very interesting.
Share 49ersWebzone