There are 193 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Originally posted by Muggins:
Pelicans offered Tyreke 4 for $44.

"@JimmySpencerNBA: Source: Restricted Free Agent Tyreke Evans Nears Deal with New Orleans Pelicans … Source: he will agree by tonight http://t.co/WwSd5jric8"

He won't get 44 mill from anyone else.
S&T for Vasquez plz
Jason Jones says Evans and Kings meeting at 5:00pm today.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Jason Jones says Evans and Kings meeting at 5:00pm today.

His twitter also says that NO would use Reke as a sixth man "Ginobli" type. I guess they would pay him 44 mill for that, he would be okay with it. They have Holliday, Rivers and Gordon there already. Pretty guard heavy
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
In off the court news it appears Carmichael Dave will be doing a new Morning Show on KHTK. 0530-0900 in the morning. Then Jim Rome 0900-1200. Don Geronimo has been sent back to his old Midday time slot.
In off the court news it appears Carmichael Dave will be doing a new Morning Show on KHTK. 0530-0900 in the morning. Then Jim Rome 0900-1200. Don Geronimo has been sent back to his old Midday time slot.

Not happy about this. All day on 1140 is pretty much kings talk. Wish they would have a more general type of sports show in the am or just get an espn feed.

Nice. Give me sports in the mornings. Kings sports. We have KNBR for the niners and giants. The only other sports stations in sac is espn 1320. Joe, try that for more general talk or use your damn phone like the rest of the under 35 demo in this country.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:

Not happy about this. All day on 1140 is pretty much kings talk. Wish they would have a more general type of sports show in the am or just get an espn feed.

Well at least now it will only be Kings in the morning and then again in the late afternoon. Rome and Geronimo filling the middle.

I like Dave but dude's old midday show was boring as hell. I am a huge Geronimo fan so I'll follow him wherever. I really liked Don in the mornings though because it really fits my work schedule perfectly.
Sam Amick is reporting the Kings are serious about matching the offer if Reke wants to be here:

"Owner Vivek Ranadive, general manager Pete D'Alessandro and coach Michael Malone are expected to take part in the meeting, and a person with knowledge of the Kings' thinking said they are considering matching the offer if he agrees to sign it. Evans is visiting with the Detroit Pistons before seeing the Kings."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2013/07/01/tyreke-evans-new-orleans-pelicans-sacramento-kings/2480675/
Originally posted by sacniner:
Sam Amick is reporting the Kings are serious about matching the offer if Reke wants to be here:

"Owner Vivek Ranadive, general manager Pete D'Alessandro and coach Michael Malone are expected to take part in the meeting, and a person with knowledge of the Kings' thinking said they are considering matching the offer if he agrees to sign it. Evans is visiting with the Detroit Pistons before seeing the Kings."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2013/07/01/tyreke-evans-new-orleans-pelicans-sacramento-kings/2480675/

Just do it and lets move on to getting a SF and shot blocker at the C position (via trade or FA).

This would be my dream scenario with tyreke

S&T for Vasquez and robin lopez

Nice PG who had a very good season last year (14-9-4) and looks to get teammates involved and then C depth/rim protection with Lopez.
How about a S&T involving Sacramento's Ryan Anderson? He may be able to step in at the three? Dude can shoot at least...
I've said for the past 2 years that the team plays better as a team without Tyreke and I've wanted to get rid of him, via trade.

I hate seeing Tyreke try to take over games alllllll the time. I mean hes a good player, but doesnt fit with our team. I love IT type players.

I happy :)
I thought Mclemore was reke's replacement
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
I thought Mclemore was reke's replacement

Not necessarily, and not right away. Reke can play three positions, but he is adamant not to play the three. A lot of people in Sac would like to see Reke at the point (he had his best year at point and grew up playing that) and McLemore at the two. I would like to see that also.
Share 49ersWebzone