LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 247 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by Muggins:
It really makes no sense.

The ONLY think I can make of it is how Vivek says PDA is thinking 4 steps ahead. Maybe this is what needs to happen to become elite. I dunno. With Malone we were probably gonna miss the playoffs in the West still. I feel like the Cleveland Browns though.

PDA has been the GM for two years and you could argue that this team has regressed. Alot of the same issues we needed two years ago, has not been addressed as of today....

-We need interior defense and he basically gets rid of robin lopez
-we need(ed) perimeter defense and we get rid of mbah a moute
-we need(ed) our first round pick back. Not only this idiot stayed at 8, but he drafts the same position two years in a row. (chicago was DESPERATELY wanted to move up; gave denver two first round picks IN THE TEENS to move to 11. Chicago owns our pick.....) And now Nik may need some d league time....
-Jason Terry, who didn't want to play for Sacramento, was traded to Houston. But the catch was that WE GAVE THEM TWO 2nd round picks to get rid of him. Even if he didn't play one mintue for this team, his contract would be an extremely valuable commodity right about now.
-But this is the kicker. We DESPERATELY need outside shooting, and what does this idiot do? He trades for Wayne Ellington, who was a career 38% 3pt shooter, AND LETS HIM GO FOR FREE. Now he's shooting 41% with the lakers with NO INTERIOR offensive presence.

And I'm not even going to comment on Carl Landry's contract, the lack of trade compensation for Isiah Thomas, or the firing of Malone. (whether vikek fired malone or PDA, it's still a mystery t me) I know there's a salary cap to contend with, but by making smarter moves (Landry, Derrick Williams) the kings would had more flexibility this past year.

yeah but the Rudy Gay trade took alot of guts. And it paid off big time.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

yea, that's true. I am going to give him some credit:

extending demarcus cousins and rudy gay
rudy gay trade
signing darren collison-great value contract
drafting ben mclemore.

But other than that, his woes outweighs his due credit. But what vivek should had done is hire his GM first, then let the gm hire the coach.

yea, that's true. I am going to give him some credit:

extending demarcus cousins and rudy gay
rudy gay trade
signing darren collison-great value contract
drafting ben mclemore.

But other than that, his woes outweighs his due credit. But what vivek should had done is hire his GM first, then let the gm hire the coach.

yeah I think Collison has been better for the team than IT.

We shall see how Nik develops. I just wish we had a real coach
lol, Cousins was a replacement all star.

Talk to me when you have 4 players on the rising stars game
and we suck...
and we suck...

since 2007..... Demarcus Cousins is going to be the next Kevin Love where he is never going to win in Sacramento. I think he's gone in two years. SMH.
It really makes no sense.

The ONLY think I can make of it is how Vivek says PDA is thinking 4 steps ahead. Maybe this is what needs to happen to become elite. I dunno. With Malone we were probably gonna miss the playoffs in the West still. I feel like the Cleveland Browns though.

PDA has been the GM for two years and you could argue that this team has regressed. Alot of the same issues we needed two years ago, has not been addressed as of today....

-We need interior defense and he basically gets rid of robin lopez
-we need(ed) perimeter defense and we get rid of mbah a moute
-we need(ed) our first round pick back. Not only this idiot stayed at 8, but he drafts the same position two years in a row. (chicago was DESPERATELY wanted to move up; gave denver two first round picks IN THE TEENS to move to 11. Chicago owns our pick.....) And now Nik may need some d league time....
-Jason Terry, who didn't want to play for Sacramento, was traded to Houston. But the catch was that WE GAVE THEM TWO 2nd round picks to get rid of him. Even if he didn't play one mintue for this team, his contract would be an extremely valuable commodity right about now.
-But this is the kicker. We DESPERATELY need outside shooting, and what does this idiot do? He trades for Wayne Ellington, who was a career 38% 3pt shooter, AND LETS HIM GO FOR FREE. Now he's shooting 41% with the lakers with NO INTERIOR offensive presence.

And I'm not even going to comment on Carl Landry's contract, the lack of trade compensation for Isiah Thomas, or the firing of Malone. (whether vikek fired malone or PDA, it's still a mystery t me) I know there's a salary cap to contend with, but by making smarter moves (Landry, Derrick Williams) the kings would had more flexibility this past year.

You think trading for Rudy Gay and extending him with a huge deal is paying off big time? Seriously? Sure he has a lot of talent but until he learns to play team basketball and how to defend he is simply going to be a stat guy who cant win.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
You think trading for Rudy Gay and extending him with a huge deal is paying off big time? Seriously? Sure he has a lot of talent but until he learns to play team basketball and how to defend he is simply going to be a stat guy who cant win.

Rudy is only going to be making like 12-13 million the next few years. Not bad imo. Then I think it jumps up in the final year and when we will probably dump him.

Rudy is only going to be making like 12-13 million the next few years. Not bad imo. Then I think it jumps up in the final year and when we will probably dump him.

I guess I just dont like him as a team player and wouldnt have signed him for even 12-13 per. But, its certainly better than what they are paying him this season.

I guess I just dont like him as a team player and wouldnt have signed him for even 12-13 per. But, its certainly better than what they are paying him this season.

right but he also gives us a 2nd "well known player" that builds us as more of a player in FA.

He's awful. Can't wait until they cut ties with him. Give me a defensive minded 3 who can actually handle the ball and I'll be happy.
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Feb 6, 2015 at 8:25 AM ]
I can't believe I fell for Rudy's BS. When will Kings' fans start calling this out. That signing wasn't a big win for PDA. Rudy doesn't add wins. Did you see us earlier in the year when Cousins was out? I know its hard to put it on one guy, but Rudy is supposed to be a borderline all star. He sucks on defense, still takes bad shots too much, is a horrible ball handler and looks slow at times. I hate when he dominates the ball in half court sets. He turns the ball over way too much.

If we have a top 3 center in the NBA and a premier SF, we shouldn't suck this bad. If Rudy didn't play for the rest of the year this team wouldn't be much worse. Be about the same: s*itty
Originally posted by sacniner:
I can't believe I fell for Rudy's BS. When will Kings' fans start calling this out. That signing wasn't a big win for PDA. Rudy doesn't add wins. Did you see us earlier in the year when Cousins was out? I know its hard to put it on one guy, but Rudy is supposed to be a borderline all star. He sucks on defense, still takes bad shots too much, is a horrible ball handler and looks slow at times. I hate when he dominates the ball in half court sets. He turns the ball over way too much.

If we have a top 3 center in the NBA and a premier SF, we shouldn't suck this bad. If Rudy didn't play for the rest of the year this team wouldn't be much worse. Be about the same: s*itty

this. That's why every team he leaves gets better
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by sacniner:

this. That's why every team he leaves gets better

well after Rudy our next best player is Collison.
http://www.sacbee.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/ailene-voisin/article9492491.html

About to hire Karl?
Share 49ersWebzone