There are 183 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

Originally posted by sacniner:
This. Solid point. Vivek is a smart tech guy, and we are all so grateful he saved the Kings but he needs to back the f**k up with basketball operations. This isn't some tech experiment. Defense matters. f**k. He should look at GS who has made a huge leap because their defense is really good now. Their offense was always there.

Their offense has taken a bigger leap than their defense. They were 4th in the NBA on D last year (PP100). They've jumped from 12th to 4th on offense.
klay Thompson for 37 pts ...in the 3rd quarter vs kings
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
This. Solid point. Vivek is a smart tech guy, and we are all so grateful he saved the Kings but he needs to back the f**k up with basketball operations. This isn't some tech experiment. Defense matters. f**k. He should look at GS who has made a huge leap because their defense is really good now. Their offense was always there.

Their offense has taken a bigger leap than their defense. They were 4th in the NBA on D last year (PP100). They've jumped from 12th to 4th on offense.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

I don't think he is referring to this year.
The Kings were a better team WITH Malone than they are without him. Stupid firing at it is proving to be the case.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Did I just see on the ESPN ticker that Hasaan Whitside had a Triple Double in less than 25 minutes of play? FML
Originally posted by Muggins:
Did I just see on the ESPN ticker that Hasaan Whitside had a Triple Double in less than 25 minutes of play? FML

His progression is just salt in the wound. He's turned into the player I had hoped he would be when we drafted him
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Jan 25, 2015 at 4:27 PM ]
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

His progression is just salt in the wound. He's turned into the player I had hoped he would be when we drafted him

Yeah. I really liked him and wished we would play him more even though he was raw, you could see he had some skills.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
The Kings were a better team WITH Malone than they are without him. Stupid firing at it is proving to be the case.

I agree that they where better with Malone. It honestly seems like the players just don't care as much now, they played hard for Malone, I don't see the same effort from the players after his firing. It's really sad actually
I haven't gotten to watch the Kings religiously like I used to for at least 3-4 seasons now. Not that I'm missing much obviously. But at the beginning of the season I went back to the Sac/bay area on leave and got to watch a handful of games and they had me pretty excited about the apparent improvements. Finally! I was strongly considering ordering NBA League Pass when I got back home in AZ, but I decided to wait and see if they could actually be decent this year past the first few weeks of the season....well, good move on my part. Malone got fired shortly after I came back home and now they seem to be back to where they started basically.....
Congrats to Cousins making the all star game

I always thought Hassan Whiteside had a lot of potential. Should've kept him around.
This team pisses me off. They fire a good coach and they let go of talent. SMH.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:

It really makes no sense.

The ONLY think I can make of it is how Vivek says PDA is thinking 4 steps ahead. Maybe this is what needs to happen to become elite. I dunno. With Malone we were probably gonna miss the playoffs in the West still. I feel like the Cleveland Browns though.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

The ONLY think I can make of it is how Vivek says PDA is thinking 4 steps ahead. Maybe this is what needs to happen to become elite. I dunno. With Malone we were probably gonna miss the playoffs in the West still. I feel like the Cleveland Browns though.

They have really pissed me off. How am I supposed to be a fan of this s**t? I rarely watch anymore.

PDA has been the GM for two years and you could argue that this team has regressed. Alot of the same issues we needed two years ago, has not been addressed as of today....

-We need interior defense and he basically gets rid of robin lopez
-we need(ed) perimeter defense and we get rid of mbah a moute
-we need(ed) our first round pick back. Not only this idiot stayed at 8, but he drafts the same position two years in a row. (chicago was DESPERATELY wanted to move up; gave denver two first round picks IN THE TEENS to move to 11. Chicago owns our pick.....) And now Nik may need some d league time....
-Jason Terry, who didn't want to play for Sacramento, was traded to Houston. But the catch was that WE GAVE THEM TWO 2nd round picks to get rid of him. Even if he didn't play one mintue for this team, his contract would be an extremely valuable commodity right about now.
-But this is the kicker. We DESPERATELY need outside shooting, and what does this idiot do? He trades for Wayne Ellington, who was a career 38% 3pt shooter, AND LETS HIM GO FOR FREE. Now he's shooting 41% with the lakers with NO INTERIOR offensive presence.

And I'm not even going to comment on Carl Landry's contract, the lack of trade compensation for Isiah Thomas, or the firing of Malone. (whether vikek fired malone or PDA, it's still a mystery t me) I know there's a salary cap to contend with, but by making smarter moves (Landry, Derrick Williams) the kings would had more flexibility this past year.
[ Edited by pdizo916 on Feb 1, 2015 at 8:38 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone