LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 280 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

Smith wants to go to a contender and is getting a lot of early interest... Cross him off as a King no matter what Bill Simmons says (dude is wrong a lot)
well at least we didnt trade anything for Josh Smith. We shall see who signs him.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
lol did you see this tweet by Karl today? He wants this job badly haha

I have no idea why any Kings fan would want Smith. Dude can play defense but he's one of the most selfish players in the league and your offense would become horribly stagnant.
Originally posted by JustinMT:
I have no idea why any Kings fan would want Smith. Dude can play defense but he's one of the most selfish players in the league and your offense would become horribly stagnant.

The interest Smith is getting around the Association is strictly because he is cheap and low risk now. He is still getting paid big from Detroit, so his agent can't ask for much. Therefore, he becomes low risk. Pay him a little, if he is messing up the locker room or taking dumbass 3s just get rid of him. Financially, very low risk. And if he can get a strong coach to embed a few key points in his head, he is really valuable: DON'T SHOOT 3s. Shoot very few perimeter shots. Focus on defense, rebounding and getting points in transition. He needs to utilize his athleticism. And he should never play the 3 again. He is a 4.
Kings need a coach ASAP. I know the Dubs are the best team right now and would beat the Kings 99 out of 100 times, but these guys have lost some grit, some fight, some heart. Everyone knows Corbin is a lame duck. The team knows that. Its a joke. Last night Corbin was begging them to run on offense even when GS had all five guys back. Corbin is brainwashed with this notion that he the Kings HAVE to run no matter what. Even if they don't have the personnel necessarily and the situation doesn't dictate it.

The players know this is BS. I'm sure its frustrating. Vivek and Pete need to make a move. They look so stupid. Hire Karl. Pay him the 5 mill he wants. They are eating Malone's contract already, they HAVE to get Karl. He is a strong presence and can come in and exert some leadership. The issue may be that he won't be a yes man to Vivek. That may be a huge issue. That's why Karl get fired in Denver after winning coach of the year. Strong personality.

Man, I wonder what this season would look like if Cuz never got sick. We all know Malone would probably be here right now.
Originally posted by Muggins:
lol did you see this tweet by Karl today? He wants this job badly haha

Good. Bring him on.
IT will try and be a hero tonight. I hope DMC gives him a hard foul when he goes to the rim lol
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Was just reading the recap of the Knicks game from last night and saw Cuz say this..

"We have to get back to being the real Kings," Cousins said. "That's wanting to defend at a high level, taking pride in actually playing defense. We can't be a team that comes out every night and tries to outscore people. That's not us."

lol that sounds exactly like Malone and the opposite of what Vivek and Co seem to want.
Was just reading the recap of the Knicks game from last night and saw Cuz say this..

"We have to get back to being the real Kings," Cousins said. "That's wanting to defend at a high level, taking pride in actually playing defense. We can't be a team that comes out every night and tries to outscore people. That's not us."

lol that sounds exactly like Malone and the opposite of what Vivek and Co seem to want.

Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

I wonder how long it takes before he is randomly offed like Malone was now that he's speaking against what the big mas vision is.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GSeef49er:
I wonder how long it takes before he is randomly offed like Malone was now that he's speaking against what the big mas vision is.

Who knows, they may actually want to trade him for all kinds of NBA 3.0 positionless basketball players.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
4:30 Game today. Hellooooooo Brooklyn

Cousins comments were spot on and, like Muggins said, goes against Vivek's pipe dream BS. Cuz is PISSED that Malone got canned and the team is stuck with a lame duck indefinitely. But, Cousins is being professional and mature about it. Kid has came a LONG way. Very impressive. But, if you really listen to his comments he's basically saying he's frustrated Malone is gone and wtf are they doing. Also, this team only succeeds when the play good defense.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Well that game sucked.

This is about the only good thing to come out of it.

lol look at the reaction by the kid and guy in pink in the crowd.
[ Edited by Muggins on Dec 29, 2014 at 7:01 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone