There are 274 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

• MuggD
  • Veteran

I came
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Kings play in China tonight. Game will air live on NBATV at 10pm
October 29th is almost here! Lets do this!

What I would like to see more than anything is McLemore making some HUGE strides. Honestly, I doubt it but we'll see. Also, Staukas to start to fill that shooting void off of the bench. And I hope Sessions doesn't take all of McCallum's minutes. I think McCallum can be an awesome backup PG. He is smart, steady, knows how to run an offense (son of a coach) and he is a hard worker. I know his jump shot will continue to improve, the kid is athletic as hell and will bust his ass on defense.

One last thing, can we move JT and Derrick Williams? For a real 4? And have Landry come off of the bench... Thanks
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:
October 29th is almost here! Lets do this!

What I would like to see more than anything is McLemore making some HUGE strides. Honestly, I doubt it but we'll see. Also, Staukas to start to fill that shooting void off of the bench. And I hope Sessions doesn't take all of McCallum's minutes. I think McCallum can be an awesome backup PG. He is smart, steady, knows how to run an offense (son of a coach) and he is a hard worker. I know his jump shot will continue to improve, the kid is athletic as hell and will bust his ass on defense.

One last thing, can we move JT and Derrick Williams? For a real 4? And have Landry come off of the bench... Thanks

You've gotta think the KIngs will make some other big move this year, hopefully including DWill (he's an ender) and or JT. I'm scared we will give away someone like Nik or Ben in that process though. Depends who we get but yeah I think we will make some sort of move unless we are actually a good team out of the blue.
Good god..I wonder if he got this brilliant idea coaching his daughters under 12 team...although we are going to suck on D regardless so....
http://deadspin.com/report-kings-owner-pitched-a-4-on-5-defense-with-one-c-1651868531
well we got clobbered to start the year against a very good Warriors team.

SACRAMENTO -- Kings coach Michael Malone issued the following warning after practice on Monday

"I can only hope we don't throw the ball all over the place on Wednesday night and hit the popcorn lady in the third row in her face," Malone said.Although popcorn vendors appeared unscathed, his words proved prophetic. That's exactly what the Kings did committing 27 turnovers leading to 26 Golden State points in theWarriors 95-77 win on opening night for both squads in Sacramento.A quick glance at the numbers and you'd think maybe the Kings pulled the upset:- Sacramento held the Warriors to less than 100 points.- Sacramento's defense stifled Golden State to the tune of 22.2 percent from downtown. - The Kings were plus six in rebound margin.However, the Kings were doomed by turnovers and a surprisingly poor performance from the floor shooting 30.8 percent overall and 16.7 percent from three-point range.Surprising, because in the preseason Sacramento was tenth in scoring, third in three-point shooting percentage and second in overall field goal percentage in the NBA.One number that unfortunately held true for the Kings was the exhibition average of 19.86 turnovers, which the squad exceeded by seven.

THE GOOD: Defensively, Sacramento held the Warriors to under 100 points, 44 percent shooting from the floor and 22.2 percent from three-point range. The Kings almost met their fourth quarter defensive goal of allowing 20 points or less limiting the Warriors to 22 points.DeMarcus Cousins struggled from the field going four of fourteen but made twelve of eighteen from the line, scoring twenty points.A small victory was Cousins' conduct. He contained his frustration in a sign of maturation that Sacramento desperately needs to turn the tide on back-to-back 28 win seasons.

This was the type of game that in the past the Kentucky product would have likely lost his cool and secured a technical foul.

THE BAD: The turnovers have to be cleaned up. Malone has said it many times: "You cannot beat yourself and your opponent on the same night."Starters Ben McLemore and Jason Thompson struggled going scoreless and scoring two points, respectively.Bench production was weak as Derrick Williams scored just two points, Ramon Sessions three points and Omri Casspi with four points. THE TAKE The Kings squandered a decent defensive effort and an opportunity to sneak a win against one of the most talented teams in the NBA.Things need to be cleaned up in a hurry. Portland comes into Sacramento on Friday as the Kings brutal early schedule continues - seven of their first ten opponents were playoff participants last season.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/kings/rewind-turnovers-poor-shooting-doom-kings-vs-warriors
What's up fellas...

It's early, but what are your thoughts? Sadly, this team bores me. Can't hate on the effort tonight, the guys played hard. Just not sure if you can count on Rudy going 13-for-19 every night. Hate to be the pessimist, but I'm thinking 30-32 wins. It's hard to get over the Isaiah thing for me, purely from an entertainment standpoint.

But I'll keep an open mind and keep rooting 'em on. Maybe they'll surprise.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Love this sequence right here...

Rudy Gay seems just to make this team better and better. I am really impressed with him.

Once Collison starts to gel with everyone things will start looking up quick.

The #1 need of this team is a quality 4.

Also its worth noting, I think Casspi will beat out D-Will for the backup 3.

Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Rudy Gay seems just to make this team better and better. I am really impressed with him.

I think he already has.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

I think he already has.

yeah the type of PF this team needs is like a Ryan Anderson. Big that can spread the floor and shoot, while giving Cousins space to operate.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Kings beat the Clippers in LA. Held them under 40% shooting.. that seems to be a trend for us now doing that to teams.

Cuz 34 & 17

Kings 2-1

Nice start to the season. Can they keep it going?

Nice road win today in a place where the Kings are not accustomed to winning.
yeah the type of PF this team needs is like a Ryan Anderson. Big that can spread the floor and shoot, while giving Cousins space to operate.

Ryan anderson might actually be the worst PF next to cousins ever lol
Share 49ersWebzone