There are 201 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

bring back the maloofs
Still willing to let this play out, but right now, it makes very little sense to me.

You're unwilling to pay Isaiah $6.75 (avg.) per year, yet will pay $6.5 to Landry and $5.3 to Collison. So $1.5 mill is the difference between Collison and Isaiah. Even if Kings brass saw IT as a bench player only, for that price you could justify moving him to 6th man when a better PG was acquired this summer or down the road.

I don't get it. You can question the fit all you want -- and we've debated it plenty of times. But no matter what side of that argument you fall on, at the salary he went for, he could have been a reserve...especially when you look around the league at some of these contracts.

Hmmm. Win me back, Pete. So far, not good enough.
On the flip side, Isaiah in Phoenix is pretty awesome. Hate to see him leave, but that's a fun team on the rise. Will be cool to see him play with Dragic and Bledsoe.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Dude is not special. Don't waste cap money.
Originally posted by Muggins:

I just don't think 6.75 is that much Dave
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

It's not that much, but paying him would have put the Kings over the luxury tax. Nobody is going to pay luxury tax for a non-playoff roster. The Suns actually did the Kings a small favor by doing a sign-and-trade, as opposed to taking him for nothing with an offer sheet. At least you guys have the $7 mil trade exception to possibly use down the line.
Yeah, don't understand why he wouldn't accept a role with the Kings as their 6th man when that's the role he'll have with the Suns (as according to Woj "didn't want to stay"), but I'm liking the deal on our side. We've got two great defensive PG's in Dragic (SGINO) and Bledsoe, and now we've got a spark plug off the bench in Thomas.

Just don't know what we'll do with Ish Smith and Ennis now. My guess is both will be heading to the DL team full-time next season.
Originally posted by SacRock14:
On the flip side, Isaiah in Phoenix is pretty awesome. Hate to see him leave, but that's a fun team on the rise. Will be cool to see him play with Dragic and Bledsoe.

Can't wait to watch them abuse us next year. This is b******t.

Then what is Darren Collison?
[ Edited by TTown9ers on Jul 11, 2014 at 8:52 PM ]
Originally posted by SofaKing:

It's not that much, but paying him would have put the Kings over the luxury tax. Nobody is going to pay luxury tax for a non-playoff roster. The Suns actually did the Kings a small favor by doing a sign-and-trade, as opposed to taking him for nothing with an offer sheet. At least you guys have the $7 mil trade exception to possibly use down the line.

I know, but My big issue is that this team is in NO position to just let talent walk. They did it last year with Evans and now this year with IT. And I do not consider Vasquez, TPE and what's his name value for those 2 players. Robin Lopez would have been the biggest value out of those deals but PDA deemed him not worthy of the Kings
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Jul 11, 2014 at 9:13 PM ]

I know, but My big issue is that this team is in NO position to just let talent walk. They did it last year with Evans and now this year with IT. And I do not consider Vasquez, TPE and what's his name value for those 2 players. Robin Lopez would have been the biggest value out of those deals but PDA deemed him not worthy of the Kings

I hear ya. The Kings just put themselves in a bad spot. Committed too much money to a weird combination of players that don't really compliment one another. Hopefully PDA can turn that around, but it will take some time to reshape the roster. Right now it looks like a jumbled mess, but it might make more sense in a few years.
Next summer is when things start to clear up with Terry, Outlaw, D.Williams and Evans (and Rudy?) clearing off the books.

But when that happens and we're sitting on just $36 mill in commitments, I'd rather have Isaiah than D.Collison and another $1.5 mill of cap space, even though I like both guys.

Let's see what happens next.
Originally posted by SacRock14:

But when that happens and we're sitting on just $36 mill in commitments, I'd rather have Isaiah than D.Collison and another $1.5 mill of cap space, even though I like both guys.

DMC + $36M in cap space in a market where no decent FAs want to play. Solid plan...
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
bring back the maloofs

LMAO
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Yeah, don't understand why he wouldn't accept a role with the Kings as their 6th man when that's the role he'll have with the Suns (as according to Woj "didn't want to stay"), but I'm liking the deal on our side. We've got two great defensive PG's in Dragic (SGINO) and Bledsoe, and now we've got a spark plug off the bench in Thomas.

Just don't know what we'll do with Ish Smith and Ennis now. My guess is both will be heading to the DL team full-time next season.

I don't understand the move really for you guys either lol
Share 49ersWebzone