LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 276 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

What do you guys think of getting Rondo? I'm with TTown, really not that excited by it -- should I be? Aside from losing IT -- which I'd hate -- I just don't get great vibes from Rondo as far as his attitude. I was more on board with the Love idea, even with it being a potential one-and-done. Rondo...ehhh. I'd get on board, but just don't have a great feeling about it.
[ Edited by SacRock14 on Jul 1, 2014 at 4:44 PM ]
Originally posted by SacRock14:
What do you guys think of getting Rondo? I'm with TTown, really not that excited by it -- should I be? Aside from losing IT -- which I'd hate -- I just don't get great vibes from Rondo as far as his attitude. I was more on board with the Love idea, even with it being a potential one-and-done. Rondo...ehhh. I'd get on board, but just don't have a great feeling about it.

Too bad he is a headcase. He is an awesome PG, and the type of facilitator "quarterback" we need. He isn't a score first guy. I think Gay, Cousins and hopefully even Staukas would benefit from a Rondo type PG.

But, I can see locker room issues. Mix Rondo with Cousins and you are asking for some trouble possibly. With that said, I can't lie, I would be ECSTATIC if we got Rondo. Seriously.
Rondo would instantly make us a playoff team and possibly a contender in a year or 2, or depending on what's done at PF. I just don't know if we could get him to stick around or not. But if we could, it'd be worth it IMO.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Yeah if we could get Rondo and he re-upped (not for 20mm tho) that would be nice.

Warriors just signed Livingston. I didn't like him anyway personally.
i think Isiah for 8 a year isn't the end of the world. We just need Rudy to redo his contract...
also I could see us doing a sign and trade since we were at least rumored to like DET PG Brandon Knight.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
We have to do some sort of sign and trade if we keep IT unless we are going into the luxery tax. Which I suppose Vivek could do but that would be strange to do on a team that probably won't even be .500.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
also I could see us doing a sign and trade since we were at least rumored to like DET PG Brandon Knight.

Lol
Reading KF right now is painful. A certain annoying moderator wants them to bring Tyreke back(GEE I WONDER WHICH MOD THAT WOULD BE), just saw someone spell Rondo's name as Rhondo, and then 2 more idiots saying "I wonder if this FO could admit a mistake and bring back Tyreke". Jesus christ if I have to watch Tyreke drive into 3 guys and turn the ball over again or brick jumper after jumper I think I'll lose my mind. There's a reason Malone and PDA got rid of him. Not to mention they keep bringing up how he's a good defender because he's big, but every time we played a star guard when he was on the team we got torched. They all want to get rid of IT no matter what even though he is a better PG than Tyreke.

Would rather keep IT but if he's gone just give me Rondo(if he decides to be affordable) and if not Rondo give me a pass first PG that can play D and knock down open looks.
Vasquez coming back? Lol

Originally posted by marshulk:
Vasquez coming back? Lol

You srs brah? Link???

It makes sense if we lose IT. GV and Darren Collison are 2 of the only guys on the market I guess. I'd prefer Collison though because if Vasquez comes back our offense might be good but our D will be awful again.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Reading KF right now is painful. A certain annoying moderator wants them to bring Tyreke back(GEE I WONDER WHICH MOD THAT WOULD BE), just saw someone spell Rondo's name as Rhondo, and then 2 more idiots saying "I wonder if this FO could admit a mistake and bring back Tyreke". Jesus christ if I have to watch Tyreke drive into 3 guys and turn the ball over again or brick jumper after jumper I think I'll lose my mind. There's a reason Malone and PDA got rid of him. Not to mention they keep bringing up how he's a good defender because he's big, but every time we played a star guard when he was on the team we got torched. They all want to get rid of IT no matter what even though he is a better PG than Tyreke.

Would rather keep IT but if he's gone just give me Rondo(if he decides to be affordable) and if not Rondo give me a pass first PG that can play D and knock down open looks.

Lol. I had a few during the US game and got a little annoyed after the loss..suffice to say I started needling people over at KF. They are just insufferable. Certain annoying moderator is a colossal douche. You should go read his latest. I will say though that I am bitter with what they got back for Tyreke. I thought it was crap. Would rather have paid him. This team cannot afford to give up talent.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Lol. I had a few during the US game and got a little annoyed after the loss..suffice to say I started needling people over at KF. They are just insufferable. Certain annoying moderator is a colossal douche. You should go read his latest. I will say though that I am bitter with what they got back for Tyreke. I thought it was crap. Would rather have paid him. This team cannot afford to give up talent.

lol reading it now, the IT hate is real . Kind of funny how the douche proves my point about him "appealing to the unwashed horde is not going to win over people who know more than the GM".

btw I read that Dallas called IT tonight. What you guys think of trying to S&T him for Brandan Wright? Wright can block shots a bit and play D, would fit decent with Cousins IMO.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

lol reading it now, the IT hate is real . Kind of funny how the douche proves my point about him "appealing to the unwashed horde is not going to win over people who know more than the GM".

btw I read that Dallas called IT tonight. What you guys think of trying to S&T him for Brandan Wright? Wright can block shots a bit and play D, would fit decent with Cousins IMO.

Right? I didn't even know how to respond to him. I honestly don't understand half the sh*t he says.
I've always liked Wright. Best case he Could be a guy who could possibly flourish as a starter at PF and could slide in and out of the 4 and 5 with Cousins, depending on the match ups . Worst case scenario he is a versatile 3rd big man off the bench.

I understand this line of thought. However, who exactly is this pass first PG who can play D and knock down open shots? You're talking about a unicorn here. This PG everyone wants simply isn't available. At this point, do you want IT at $8/per or do you want table scraps? Because those are the options. If we don't sign IT we're looking at PGs like Hinrich, Collison, Vasquez, etc. The team isn't getting better making a backward move like that at the PG position. And what's the difference in salary going to be between guys like that and the $8/per we're talking about for IT? A few million bucks? Livingston is getting close to $6/per. Jodie Meeks just signed for $6+/per. Just give him $8/per over 4 years and call it a day. f**k, Kyrie Irving is making $18/per. I'm not getting into the IT vs Irving debate, but if Irving is worth $18/per then we should be absolutely rejoicing over the thought of giving IT $8/per. It's a f**king bargain. Seriously, if the dude is 4-6" taller we're talking about a max contract.

As far as Rondo goes, not only does he have just 1 year left on his deal, he's also been extremely injury prone the last couple years. Someone on STR posted that he's only played 60% of his games over the past 3 years. He didn't play in back to backs last season at all. I'm extremely weary of his injury and that doesn't even take into account the contract situation and his piss poor attitude.
[ Edited by TTown9ers on Jul 2, 2014 at 11:47 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone