There are 201 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

• MuggD
  • Veteran
lol KIngs fans meeting Rudy at the Airport.

Plane just landed I think. Was supposed to come in at 1:52
Originally posted by Muggins:
lol KIngs fans meeting Rudy at the Airport.

Plane just landed I think. Was supposed to come in at 1:52

This is huge for the franchise. With Rudy here for a whole year we may hit 30 wins...may.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
This is huge for the franchise. With Rudy here for a whole year we may hit 30 wins...may.

We can't just have him walk away imo. At least if he stays for this year and we are on pace for 30 wins we can trade him at the deadline.
[ Edited by Muggins on Jun 10, 2014 at 2:01 PM ]
Originally posted by marshulk:
Why throw in Ben Mac in the Sanders deal? Too much for a headcase who they want to dump.

Because knight and sanders are more valuable than just the 8 pick

i disagree. the guy has had off the court issues, makes 11 mil a year and has had really only 1 year (9.8 ppg, 9.5 rpg and 2.8 bpg, .506 FG%) that would even justify being worth a #8 pick..and even that is debateable. And Knight sucks. Good teams that have their sh*t together turn high draft picks in good draft years and a lottery pick from the previous year into star players, not Larry Sanders and Brandon Knight.

Meh sanders and knight are better than picking McDermott or Stauskas

We can't just have him walk away imo. At least if he stays for this year and we are on pace for 30 wins we can trade him at the deadline.

agreed. i am just a bitter a hole these days when it comes to this franchise
Why throw in Ben Mac in the Sanders deal? Too much for a headcase who they want to dump.

Because knight and sanders are more valuable than just the 8 pick

i disagree. the guy has had off the court issues, makes 11 mil a year and has had really only 1 year (9.8 ppg, 9.5 rpg and 2.8 bpg, .506 FG%) that would even justify being worth a #8 pick..and even that is debateable. And Knight sucks. Good teams that have their sh*t together turn high draft picks in good draft years and a lottery pick from the previous year into star players, not Larry Sanders and Brandon Knight.

Meh sanders and knight are better than picking McDermott or Stauskas

true, i dont want those losers either. but i still don't think we need to give up Ben along with #8 to land either. At this point i would be happy with Gordon, Randle, Smart or Vonleh. But i would certainly give up #8 for Sanders, in a second.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran

I hear ya but I'm gonna give this new crew a couple years. Sure we've been waiting years already but that was with the Fukktards purposely tanking this franchise into the s**tter. If we are still having this same conversation when we are in that new Arena then I'll start getting pissed. Although... we'd have a new arena so I'll be happy lol. Maybe that's what they are banking on

I hear ya but I'm gonna give this new crew a couple years. Sure we've been waiting years already but that was with the Fukktards purposely tanking this franchise into the s**tter. If we are still having this same conversation when we are in that new Arena then I'll start getting pissed. Although... we'd have a new arena so I'll be happy lol. Maybe that's what they are banking on

very stoked about the arena, it's going to be amazing on so many levels. they break ground in the Fall right? Just such a bummer team-wise. We have a star talent at the C position and he is just surrounded by so many mismatched parts, and not very talented parts either, so their worth is not much. The whole team is just so poorly constructed. Now i do think Gay is a good fit and in all seriousness, i would like to have him back, because even if they clear his 19mil, it would be hard to lure any FA's. You are right though, the previous regine really set them back, but i am just very anxious to see if the new regime really get's "it".
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Yeah I think they start actual construction in the Fall. I think they just started or are about to start knocking the current structure down.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran

You guys see this, i pulled it from KF. i'd do it, i don't care he is an idiot, he's a very talented idiot. Then you could throw Ben into a bigger trade.

"Multiple executives from other teams have mentioned the Kings as a potential landing spot if Rudy Gay opts out of his contract," says Zach Lowe. "But that doesn't appear to be Gay's plan. The Kings just spent a lottery pick on Ben McLemore, andYahoo! has reported that they might have their eye on a bigger target — Kevin Love."

http://aroyalpain.com/2014/06/10/rumors-kings-interest-lance-stephenson-rudy-gay-leaves/
You guys see this, i pulled it from KF. i'd do it, i don't care he is an idiot, he's a very talented idiot. Then you could throw Ben into a bigger trade.

"Multiple executives from other teams have mentioned the Kings as a potential landing spot if Rudy Gay opts out of his contract," says Zach Lowe. "But that doesn't appear to be Gay's plan. The Kings just spent a lottery pick on Ben McLemore, andYahoo! has reported that they might have their eye on a bigger target — Kevin Love."

http://aroyalpain.com/2014/06/10/rumors-kings-interest-lance-stephenson-rudy-gay-leaves/

If we could get him it's worth making an offer he can't refuse. Good defender, handler, passer, slasher, etc. Good all around player and young. Yeah he is an angus hole but I think he would do well under Mike Malone. And I actually wouldn't mind seeing him troll Curry, CP3, etc. like he trolled LeBron. That ish was hilarious lol
Man, its great to have a real front office again. I was impressed with the show they put on for Gay. That was cool.

I met Petey D and Chris Mullin yesterday randomly outside of Kru in Midtown. Really approachable guys.
Still mad about Kawhi Leonard.

And Stephenson is Ron Artest 2.0. No thanks.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Still mad about Kawhi Leonard.

And Stephenson is Ron Artest 2.0. No thanks.

There are so many guys in hindsight we could be mad about.

The Stephenson thing ain't happening. Love thing either. And Gay will opt in for the one year at 19. Book that s**t.
Share 49ersWebzone