LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

Originally posted by oldninerdude:
He's a great outside, three point shooter. That opens up a lot of other things, not the least of which would be more room for DMC inside.

So was Jimmer
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
He's a great outside, three point shooter. That opens up a lot of other things, not the least of which would be more room for DMC inside.

So was Jimmer

Yes, but unlike Jimmer, he's 6'8" and has some hops and some quicks.

I don't know if I'd take him at #8, but he may be available a little later, and if the Kings "trade down," who knows.
[ Edited by oldninerdude on May 21, 2014 at 12:37 PM ]
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Yeah, you are probably right, i may just still have some bitterness left over from the previous regime. but some of the things that rubbed me the wrong way and have caused me to question the FO:

1. Trading Evans for Vasquez. I understand that NO was offering a lot of $, but this team was/is in no position to give away talent, let alone their 2nd most talented player. We can't land top level guys via FA, so when you hit on a draft pick, you need to keep that pick and build around it. Evans was/is the superior player to Vasquez (whose assist #'s were greatly inflated in NO's PG friendly system) and i find it hard to believe that he was the best option via sign and trade.

2. Having the option to take back Robin Lopez, who would have filled a huge role as a mobile 5 who could be interchangeable with Cousins, a la Dalembert, and instead using him as a throwaway to POR in the Evans trade.

3. They preached all offseason about becoming a better passing and defensive team. so what do they do? they trade their best/only passer for Rudy Gay and then they trade their best defender for Derrick Williams. While i don't have a huge issue with the trades from a talent standpoint, this goes completely against what they were preaching. At least with Moute and Vasquez, you had 2 guys that had a role and knew their role.

4. I am not going to really complain about this one, because i was not totally sold on MCW, but drafting Ben when they could have taken MCW. MWC was a big , multi talented PG who could handle the ball, defend, create his own shot, etc. Ben's faults were known coming out of Kansas. Couldn't handle the ball and couldn't create his own shot..and all of that has proven to be true. Now granted this was only his rookie season and i expect him to improve and by no means am giving up on him, but it just gets frustrating coming off of numerous wasted draft picks.

I am totally on board with trading the pick, but it better not be for someone like Dennis Schroeder as has been reported.

Good points man. Like the oldman said, Reke was overpaid by NO. The Kings gave him a fair, qualifying offer and NO swooped in offering a lot more. I would prefer the FO not panic and start dishing out bad contracts like Detroit or something. I agree with you on #2 and #3. I guess with D Will, they just took a flyer because they thought he may be resurrected with a change of scenery. Didn't work. He is a good athlete, but nothing else. In the NBA, you have to be more than just a good athlete.

Who knows about Ben. This FO and franchise need Ben to improve obviously. Because he is so young and raw, we may have to wait until year 4 to see him really mature. We HAVE to see improvement this year of course, but I still think there will be a steep learning curve. I just hope he starts hitting his jumper somewhat consistently, start to develop off the dribble moves and go balls out on defense.

The Kings aren't going to trade #8 for Schroeder. I haven't heard that yet. He isn't a proven vet. That's basically getting another rookie on the team. I think the mindset with the potential trade is to actually get a real vet instead of investing time/effort in another development project.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Scott Howard-Cooper ‏@SHowardCooper 5m
Just filed to http://NBA.com : Kings put No. 8 on the trade block, wanting veteran instead of next rookie to develop. Link to come.

Makes sense. Would love to package the pick to get something proven.

lol something proven? Cause the Kings are SO CLOSE to contention? They are idiots to pass up on somebody like Smart. Take a gamble. And not a Jimmer gamble.

Right, and the way to build a winner is to continually stock up on mid-late lottery picks. As I've said, I think there are 8 solid talents here (Smart is one of them) and that might be our best move. But if we can get someone in a trade who can come in right away, with a track record of success, why not? We have no idea who might be available on the trade market...foolish to not explore.

Exactly. We have a s**tload of young guys with "potential." We've had these 5-10 picks for years now. Hasn't worked too well... Depending on what we get, I would much rather prefer a solid vet. But, with the 8th pick who can we really get? Would they have to package something?

That's the question. Some ideas I've heard (just from fans): Taj Gibson, Larry Sanders, a Warriors package of Barnes and D.Green (if GSW needs an asset for a Love trade). I actually really like Dennis Schroeder but I have to believe we can get more (Millsap seems like a pipe dream). Probably would have to package the pick with JT at least and maybe another expiring deal (Terry, R.Evans) depending on who we got. Guessing we wouldn't have to give any other asset.
Congrats Sacto, city council voted 7-2 in favor of downtown arena...if all goes well will open Oct 2016.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
I wouldn't mind McDermott. He's compared to Wally Sczcerbiak.

What would McDermott positively add to this team?
I am one who thinks he will be a good nba player but if we take him I would be furious. It would be like us taking Jimmer again

I don't know a lot of his game but doesn't he play SF? He seems to be pretty good in most areas and has room to improve on defense.

maybe a poor mans k love
Originally posted by Zachary:
I wouldn't mind McDermott. He's compared to Wally Sczcerbiak.

What would McDermott positively add to this team?
I am one who thinks he will be a good nba player but if we take him I would be furious. It would be like us taking Jimmer again

I don't know a lot of his game but doesn't he play SF? He seems to be pretty good in most areas and has room to improve on defense.

maybe a poor mans k love

hopefully he isn't Adam Morrison 2.0
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
I know this doesn't really belong in here but it kinda does.. just saw on twitter that the Sterling's are meeting with Balmer/Seattle about selling the Clippers.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/05/25/shelly-sterling-steve-ballmer-clippers-sale-seattle-sell/
[ Edited by Muggins on May 25, 2014 at 1:22 PM ]
Originally posted by Muggins:
I know this doesn't really belong in here but it kinda does.. just saw on twitter that the Sterling's are meeting with Balmer/Seattle about selling the Clippers.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/05/25/shelly-sterling-steve-ballmer-clippers-sale-seattle-sell/

I swear if that happens, those guys are our #1 rivals.
Originally posted by Muggins:

f****ts

• MuggD
  • Veteran
Kings willing to trade for Kevin Love

The Sacramento Kings have let the Minnesota Timberwolves know they are interested in trading for All-Star forward Kevin Love – and the Kings would make a deal without any assurance from Love he'd re-sign with them, a league source told Yahoo Sports.

The Kings are willing to give up their eighth overall pick in this year's NBA draft and a combination of players for Love, even though he would not be expected to sign a contract extension before next season – if ever, with the rebuilding, small-market franchise, the source said. Sacramento envisions Love and DeMarcus Cousins playing alongside each other in the front court. Swingman Rudy Gayhas a player's option for next season.

The Kings know they'd have to gamble on convincing Love to re-sign, given that the franchise is rebuilding and Love is looking to play for a contender after never reaching the playoffs with the Timberwolves. Love's suitors also figure to include a number of bigger markets, including the Boston Celtics, Los Angeles Lakers, New York Knicks, Golden State Warriors, Houston Rockets andChicago Bulls.

Love's representatives with Excel Sports have pushed Timberwolves president Flip Saunders to find an acceptable trade prior to the start of free agency in July. Without a trade, Love plans to opt out of his contract in the summer of 2015 and likely leave Minnesota as a free agent.

The Kings showed in their first season under new owner Vivek Ranadive and general manager Pete D'Alessandro they are willing to spend money. They acquired Gay and signed Cousins to a four-year, $62 million extension.

Sacramento struggled to a 28-54 record last season and missed the playoffs for the eighth straight season. The Kings expect to begin playing in a new downtown Sacramento arena in 2016.
[ Edited by Muggins on May 26, 2014 at 7:36 PM ]
Lolwtf
f**k it, why not... I could just imagine how pissed Love would be though lol

You never know. I think Vivek and PDA would try as much as they can to prove to him Sacramento and the Kings are on the rise.

We'd have the best defensive front court in NBA history
Originally posted by marshulk:

You never know. I think Vivek and PDA would try as much as they can to prove to him Sacramento and the Kings are on the rise.

We'd have the best defensive front court in NBA history

And by best you mean worst
Share 49ersWebzone